Dome Audio System | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Audio System

we have 100 miles of ribbon board that spent the game showing shades of orange 95% of the time instead of being useful.

think like MLB parks.. they have out of town boards just built for that
i think we tried using the ribbon board for out of town scores and it was never Realtime because of wifi issues?

i think we tried using the ribbon board for out of town scores and it was never Realtime because of wifi issues?
last time i talked to them they had issues because the pay for a service and then switched to new service and that one was even worse.. keep it simple.. get a kid to track the ACC games and a few more and then just load those up.. dont need 50 scores even if that really is pretty simple to do as well.

1662468604876.png

You know is bad when the SyracuseHistory account on Instagram speaks up and puts this on their stories. They really need to get this sorted pronto. Sound system has been installed for over a year and the issues are STILL not fixed? How long do issues like this take to fix?

IMG_9033.jpeg
hurry-up.gif

The speakers are too loud for Mr Excitement but it isn't horrible because he is using a soft delivery. The promo girl is trying to bring energy so it sounds awful. We also can barely hear the ref's mic. Can they just turn down the volume?

It was still bad in Section 335, but at least I could catch a word or two each time. The close captioning is what I depend on mostly.

Yeah, first time since pre- new roof for me and I thought it was fine in 331.

Weird, it was the worst it’s been in a season a half for me in 311. Couldn’t hear any announcement. I also can’t believe they can’t at least get it right when playing pump up music and pre-recorded videos. CRANK IT, JERRY.

Oh and don’t get me started on Thunderstruck being the pre-4th quarter pump up song. That song was ancient when I was in high school 20+ years ago.

The speakers are too loud for Mr Excitement but it isn't horrible because he is using a soft delivery. The promo girl is trying to bring energy so it sounds awful. We also can barely hear the ref's mic. Can they just turn down the volume?
And out of that crew I only care about hearing the official.

I'm in 101 and it is absolutely horrible. I have not heard a complete sentence in three games. I have clue who the guitarist was that played last night. I have yet to hear any of the penalty explanations. Syracuse University should be embarrassed that a school known for communications and media puts this garbage out. Oh and by the way they have had forty two years to fix it.

They should scroll the officials calls on the Jumbotron.

The audio needs to be fixed, the bigger issue is there is absolutely ZERO synergy between the audio (PA System announcements), what is playing on the video boards, and the band.

There are times (and this happens far too often) when there is something being said on the video board and the band is playing and you can't hear what is being said. Or times when a video hasn't finished playing and the band starts up and now it's just an unlistenable noise that is not pleasant to listen to. Or when there is an announcement on the PA system and then a video starts and you can't hear either.

I know in most college stadiums that are outdoors that are larger venues the band playing probably wouldn't effect such things. But in a small dome, with a poor audio system, Syracuse can't look at other schools and play the "well other schools do this" as an example. Syracuse's situation is different.

Like a director of a LIVE TV show the Dome needs someone to literally keep all 3 of these things (Band, Video Board, Audio on the PA system) to run. Literally, cue each one to be played at different times so at no time 2 things are happening at the same time.

Now if they currently have that, well then that person is just bad at their job. If not, that's what's needed. NO MORE THAN 1 THING CAN BE PLAYED AT ONCE! It dilutes all 3 and makes it impossible to listen to.

In regards to the "quality" of the audio, I really think they have the volume turned up way too loud. Move that dial from a 10 to a 6 and I think it solves that. But again, by turning it down you can't have other things (ie band or video boards) playing stuff when the PA system is in use.

It’s just not a power 5 production sometimes.

The audio is horrible. Last night after the touchdown there was no E flag so it just read Syracus. The chant they try to force for football and basketball is embarrassing and has been since they started it years back.

Do other power 5 programs have someone going around and talking to people? It’s ones thing if you can understand anyone but I just hear noise.

I love the lights and board. I’ll be there either way, just would be nice to get it right for once.

The audio needs to be fixed, the bigger issue is there is absolutely ZERO synergy between the audio (PA System announcements), what is playing on the video boards, and the band.

There are times (and this happens far too often) when there is something being said on the video board and the band is playing and you can't hear what is being said. Or times when a video hasn't finished playing and the band starts up and now it's just an unlistenable noise that is not pleasant to listen to. Or when there is an announcement on the PA system and then a video starts and you can't hear either.

I know in most college stadiums that are outdoors that are larger venues the band playing probably wouldn't effect such things. But in a small dome, with a poor audio system, Syracuse can't look at other schools and play the "well other schools do this" as an example. Syracuse's situation is different.

Like a director of a LIVE TV show the Dome needs someone to literally keep all 3 of these things (Band, Video Board, Audio on the PA system) to run. Literally, cue each one to be played at different times so at no time 2 things are happening at the same time.

Now if they currently have that, well then that person is just bad at their job. If not, that's what's needed. NO MORE THAN 1 THING CAN BE PLAYED AT ONCE! It dilutes all 3 and makes it impossible to listen to.

In regards to the "quality" of the audio, I really think they have the volume turned up way too loud. Move that dial from a 10 to a 6 and I think it solves that. But again, by turning it down you can't have other things (ie band or video boards) playing stuff when the PA system is in use.
I worked a bunch of games in the audio booth when I was a student. It was usually basketball or lacrosse games. Everything was scheduled and timed so you knew when to raise / lower certain mics. It wasn’t rocket science unless you screwed up. But it was your one job so unless you fell asleep, it was pretty easy.

But clearly the sound systems have changed drastically since the early to mid 2000s so no clue what it’s like now. I suspect the only fix is drastically restructuring where speakers are located. They fix it for some sections and then it gets worse for others. Vice versa.

The audio is horrible. Last night after the touchdown there was no E flag so it just read Syracus. The chant they try to force for football and basketball is embarrassing and has been since they started it years back.

Do other power 5 programs have someone going around and talking to people? It’s ones thing if you can understand anyone but I just hear noise.

I love the lights and board. I’ll be there either way, just would be nice to get it right for once.
My 12 year old goes to me: “isn’t there an E in Syracuse?” And I was like “oh wow. Must have been sick.”

I think they should try to fill less of the time with canned segments or things. I know they’re trying to make money but half of it isn’t even making them anything. Just let the band play or do canned music.

The lights and the board are amazing additions, as is the air conditioning. The seats will be nice too(leave the troughs!!!)

Beyond utilizing those to their fullest potential, just give us: the band, the hey song, “Let’s Go Orange”, beer, decent concessions, and the game. That’s it.

I hate being bombarded by somebody’s stupid voice over the PA system any time they find a chance, and that goes back to the Carl Eilenberg days.

The lights and the board are amazing additions, as is the air conditioning. The seats will be nice too(leave the troughs!!!)

Beyond utilizing those to their fullest potential, just give us: the band, the hey song, “Let’s Go Orange”, beer, decent concessions, and the game. That’s it.

I hate being bombarded by somebody’s stupid voice over the PA system any time they find a chance, and that goes back to the Carl Eilenberg days.
This deserves to be its own thread but what is the situation with the stadium seating; what will the new capacity be, will there be a padded option and will current STH be forced to move at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom