Draft Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Draft Thread

Realistically they only gave up a first round pick in next years draft.
The second pick they gave up was a 4th rounder which they then received in return for Stevie Johnson. That may be a 3rd rounder as its a conditional pick.
A first round pick is a first round pick. Think Indy was happy they gave up a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson who didn't even start for them last year?! 1st round picks have value!

You can't just keep drafting Eric Ebrons and Taylor Lewans at pick 9. Buffalo made a move to get an elite player. Buffalo will have $$$ to get a big name FA to make up for that 1st.

Coulda drafted Odell Beckham who may be better than Watkins!

Sweeny Murti‏@YankeesWFAN 1m
With the 80th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the New York Jets select...that security guard who just laid out the fan that ran out to Jeter.

Hey JeremyCuse and longislandcuse - if the Bills go tackle in the 2nd round. who would you prefer? Moses or Kouandijo?

Sorry for the late response, I liked the pick of Koujo. Has some flaws like the other tackles at that point in the draft but definitely has the highest upside and most potential. With Harriston being a walking injury it was necessary to get another Tackle and it appears at least on paper they got a top 25 guy who fell for various reasons. The third round selection was a little bit of a head scratcher but we have been so bad against the run the past like 3-4 years I dont mind going ILB there.

Man, judging by the draft Louisville was LOADED.

Preston Brown is a bit of a head scratcher but he has a 3rd-4th round projection and after Kiko last year, I'm cool with Whaley's scouting ability. His film looks great.

i swear to god i'm not saying this to weasel out about manuel. i think luck is overrated, i was guilty of it too. i wonder if stanfords offense held him back. i am shocked at how low his completion percentage is.

i think a team's nuts to take bortles over the other guys but especially at 3

i agree it's a crapshoot which is why i want to pick too many qbs rather than too few. keep drafting them. if manuel's good, cut/trade the new guy, and vice versa who cares. if it means we have too many qbs and too few dareuses and whitners, fine with me

Indy needs to shore up that line. Luck led the league in QB hits and 2nd in pressures over the last 2 years.

Sorry for the late response, I liked the pick of Koujo. Has some flaws like the other tackles at that point in the draft but definitely has the highest upside and most potential. With Harriston being a walking injury it was necessary to get another Tackle and it appears at least on paper they got a top 25 guy who fell for various reasons. The third round selection was a little bit of a head scratcher but we have been so bad against the run the past like 3-4 years I dont mind going ILB there.

Not sure how much upside and potential a guy who has already had pretty serious knee issues can provide. Knee injuries are rarely completely gone, after all, some tissue has likely already been carved out. I think the limited upside is a productive and relatively short career.

Actually it is a big deal.

No it's not. They paid a premium to completely turnover their WR corp (not core, cores) in one year and two drafts. Watkins is THE consensus impact skill position guy in this draft.

The Bills now 3M to go along with Spiller and Jackson.

And it's pretty funny how the guy who said Marrone was meathead who sucked and Nassib could never be any good is such an expert on judging if the same coaches can't coach up Manuel. It was pretty remarkable how much better Nassib did with three healthy and decent, not great WR's and a solid OL.

I can't stand hearing the "analysts" rate drafts. These dudes have so much conviction "Browns KNOCKED it out of the park" shut up man. They are rarely correct. Maybe the Browns did but they took a boom/bust QB, a DB at 8 and zero WRs. I get its their job so I should just turn it off but it's Saturday morning and I'm lazy.

Not sure how much upside and potential a guy who has already had pretty serious knee issues can provide. Knee injuries are rarely completely gone, after all, some tissue has likely already been carved out. I think the limited upside is a productive and relatively short career.

Knee injury could surely rear its head again but Kiper and Mcshay both loved his upside and indicated he still has a lot of room to grow as a player.

I can't stand hearing the "analysts" rate drafts. These dudes have so much conviction "Browns KNOCKED it out of the park" shut up man. They are rarely correct. Maybe the Browns did but they took a boom/bust QB, a DB at 8 and zero WRs. I get its their job so I should just turn it off but it's Saturday morning and I'm lazy.

Interesting that Kiper just listed the Browns as his team who had the most perplexing draft, doesn't understand why they didnt go WR.

This ESPN segment on Michael Sam is annoying. As someone who wouldn't mind Buffalo drafting him as a depth pass rusher and could care less that he's gay, I'm kind of annoyed about the final statements that if 32 teams fumble this pick and he goes undrafted that its a black eye on the league. No it's not, he's a late round pick at best. He's not that good. Stop making everything so socio-political like the NFL is homophobic if he isn't drafted.

DeAnthony Thomas is the player I don't want in the AFC East unless the Patriots draft him. That dude has a chance to be Darren Sproles or Kevin Faulk in the right system. I think Thomas, Martavis Bryant, and Bruce Ellington are my top playmakers left. Knowing my Patriots and hard on Belichick has for Rutgers they will go after Brandon Coleman and I will be pissed.

Maybe it's just the name factor , but it sure seems like Jacksonville has done a great job at improving that 15ppg offense. Bortles, Lee and Robinson is one sweet draft.

Maybe it's just the name factor , but it sure seems like Jacksonville has done a great job at improving that 15ppg offense. Bortles, Lee and Robinson is one sweet draft.
Bortles at 3 though..

longislandcuse said:
Bortles at 3 though..

Forget where they drafted him, just that they got who the feel is the best QB in the draft and 2 real nice WR's.

Their were 4 consensus top talents Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Mack.

I thought JAX was smart to just take their guy, but they probably could have gone as far back as 7 and gotten Bortles. They killed the 2nd round with 2 WRs Robinson and Lee. They did a good job keeping their plan under the wraps.

I think the 49ers and Rams are having the best drafts. Rams have so much young talent thanks to the RG3 trade and need Bradford to put it together. They have drafted Robert Quinn,Michael Brockers, Tavon Austin, Alec Ogletree, Greg Robinson, Aaron Donald in the last 3 drafts that NFC West is so stacked. In 2011 that division had the division champ go 7-9 now its by far the best division.

49ers are doing well. I've heard they were targeting Preston Brown until Buffalo took him so they went with Borland. Makes me feel good about the Brown pick for the Bills.

GoSU96 said:
BFD.
Seeing as you're a Marrone guy and not a bills guy I can see why you think it's no big deal. This year is everything to you guys

CIL said:
Indy needs to shore up that line. Luck led the league in QB hits and 2nd in pressures over the last 2 years.
They also throw downfield a lot I think (don't watch them much, might be wrong)

LOVE the Cockrell pick for Buffalo. This DB stood out every time I watched Duke.

Anyone else hear the rumor that Buffalo traded a pick for Bryce Brown?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom