Dual QBs Currently Available in the Portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dual QBs Currently Available in the Portal

I’m not sure why so many people are convinced TD cannot be beat out. Explain to me what he has shown other than one game he had a really good game. His issues have been said repeatedly. He has been better than Rex, two true freshman and a qb who was mia. If it is a true open competition why wouldn’t a quality transfer come. Even if no transfer comes I could see TD being replaced some point in the season.

I’m not sure why so many people are convinced TD cannot be beat out. Explain to me what he has shown other than one game he had a really good game. His issues have been said repeatedly. He has been better than Rex, two true freshman and a qb who was mia. If it is a true open competition why wouldn’t a quality transfer come. Even if no transfer comes I could see TD being replaced some point in the season.

I don’t think people think that he can’t lose his job. I think players looking to transfer want more of a sure shot then is currently there. Throw in 2 years of mediocre to bad OL play and you make it hard to snag a transfer.

I don’t think people think that he can’t lose his job. I think players looking to transfer want more of a sure shot then is currently there. Throw in 2 years of mediocre to bad OL play and you make it hard to snag a transfer.
That’s true but it seems like a majority of the board believes the OL will be substantially improved which I’m sure the staff is selling. Not sure I’m sold on improved OL play but I sure hope so.

Let’s target a single threat QB. One who can drop back, and make passes to the entire field. So over the dual threat focus.

Let’s target a single threat QB. One who can drop back, and make passes to the entire field. So over the dual threat focus.
Pocket passer will not work su. Most qbs now use their running ability to extend plays not sit back in the pocket.

Can't be any worse then many of the world beaters we currently have. We've got one P5 Qb on the roster, I guess they'll just focus on getting the next clayton welch, oh btw dwan mathis who beat out a top 50 pick in the upcoming draft just transferred from georgia to temple.

logical reasoning. Settle down, my god. So angry

Juwan Pass impressed me

It's funny to me how during the last two seasons when TD has been not very good which is being nice, he's the worst QB ever and somehow during both offseasons no QB has a chance of beating him out and he's the greatest QB ever.
What's going on?? the board needs to make up it's minds what is it is he the best or is he the worst. In reality he's somewhere in the middle who could easily be beaten out by a lot of the Qb's in the portal, whether or not they want to use their second transfer here is a whole other story.

It's funny to me how during the last two seasons when TD has been not very good which is being nice, he's the worst QB ever and somehow during both offseasons no QB has a chance of beating him out and he's the greatest QB ever.
What's going on?? the board needs to make up it's minds what is it is he the best or is he the worst. In reality he's somewhere in the middle who could easily be beaten out by a lot of the Qb's in the portal, whether or not they want to use their second transfer here is a whole other story.
That’s a false premise. People are pointing out the unlikelihood of a portal QB transferring in to provide depth or competition. Sure we would love that as fans but the possibility of it happening is slim.

Portal QBs generally don’t want to try and compete with someone who has been entrenched as a starter for 2 years and is generally viewed as Dino’s guy, regardless of how good or bad fans think the current starter is.

That’s a false premise. People are pointing out the unlikelihood of a portal QB transferring in to provide depth or competition. Sure we would love that as fans but the possibility of it happening is slim.

Portal QBs generally don’t want to try and compete with someone who has been entrenched as a starter for 2 years and is generally viewed as Dino’s guy, regardless of how good or bad fans think the current starter is.
Pound the portal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom