Dual QBs Currently Available in the Portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dual QBs Currently Available in the Portal

The most impressive thing about that play is that he got up and walked away like it didnt happen.
Yeah. Loved that. Tough kid.

What i saw was a guy willing to do anything, Damn the consequences. (A winner)

To take a step back, in no means an attempt to cast shade. I LOVE a kid thats willing to give everything. Looks like they started 2 other QBs in front of him, this year? He may have been switched to WR? Curious as to why.

Last year, it looks like he was in a fight with another player. He was slated to start the Music City Bowl at QB, but had an upper body injury afterwards.. Some teams might have 3 fights a practice, so I dont give a hoot about that part. I actually kind of like that.

Curious as to how he fell down the depth chart.

Syracuse.com "Shrader, a four-star high school prospect, was recruited to Mississippi State by former head coach Joe Moorhead, whose offensive philosophy was heavily influenced by Dino Babers’ system. Moorhead is now the offensive coordinator at Oregon."
247sports. "After Mike Leach was hired to replace Joe Moorhead as MSU head coach in January, Shrader was moved to wide receiver."

Yeah. Loved that. Tough kid.

What i saw was a guy willing to do anything, Damn the consequences. (A winner)

To take a step back, in no means an attempt to cast shade. I LOVE a kid thats willing to give everything. Looks like they started 2 other QBs in front of him, this year? He may have been switched to WR? Curious as to why.

Last year, it looks like he was in a fight with another player. He was slated to start the Music City Bowl at QB, but had an upper body injury afterwards.. Some teams might have 3 fights a practice, so I dont give a hoot about that part. I actually kind of like that.

Curious as to how he fell down the depth chart.
Mike Leech arrived right? QB room changed in a day I would think.

Syracuse.com "Shrader, a four-star high school prospect, was recruited to Mississippi State by former head coach Joe Moorhead, whose offensive philosophy was heavily influenced by Dino Babers’ system. Moorhead is now the offensive coordinator at Oregon."
247sports. "After Mike Leach was hired to replace Joe Moorhead as MSU head coach in January, Shrader was moved to wide receiver."
We need to send Mike Leach a thank you card. He poached our defensive coordinator before ink had a chance to dry, setting things in motion for us to get the guy we preferred anyway, and now we get a 2nd chance at a QB we wanted coming out of high school.

Last edited:
I will be shocked if Shrader isn’t the starter by the Liberty game. I think it plays out like so:

Tommy wins the job since he is a practice All Star, but Garrett will have packages.

Tommy plays decent vs Ohio but is overwhelmed by Rutgers. He still starts vs Albany to make Liberty prep for him but the starter that day and the rest of the year is Garrett.

We need to send Mike Leach a thank you card. He poached our defensive coordinator before ink had a chance to dry, setting things in motion for us to get the guy we preferred anyway, and now we get a 2nd chance at a QB we wanted coming out of high school.
Yup, Leach probably saw a really good athlete that he thought was a average thrower and didnt want to spend time working with him. He brought in Costello from Stanford and the Rogers kid. He just wanted his hand picked QB, one that has a quick release and will get rid of the ball. His loss. Good luck in the SEC with that. We will take the QB that can beat you in different ways.

Dinos ability to get the QB transfer is huge. He bought some more time with me.

This year is in the rear view.

I agree. A QB that can move the ball to different receivers and make plays can make an OL look a lot better. That group still needs to be better, they really just need to get back to basics, same philosophy Marrone used to make 1 star linemen look serviceable.

I watched Shrader a few times last year with MSU. I'd be surprised and disappointed if he is not the starter. His physical skills are well ahead of TD. He just needs to be coached up and get some experience.

Supposedly some some homework has been done on Shrader, and we offered him in highschool, so...

More information. High school stats from MAX Preps:

• Total Passing Yards

• Passing TDs

• Passing Yards/Game

• Pass Completions

• Pass Attempts

• Interceptions

Hudl:
  • Positions:

QB
  • Height & Weight:

6'4" 220 lbs.
  • Nike Football Rating:

• 40 Yard Dash:

• Shuttle:

• Vertical:

• Powerball:

Which is why he received offers from Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Penn State, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Syracuse and Louisville, among others.

Syracuse started recruiting Shrader earlier this fall when SU director of high school relations Ryan Bartow reached out to Shrader's high school coach, Jason Estep, of Charlotte (N.C.) Christian School. Multiple conversations there paved the way for Shrader to learn more about the Orange.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound signal-caller said about a month ago that he was looking for an offense that features a drop back passing system and spread run game, ideally featuring run-pass option looks.

"I want to throw the ball a lot and have the spread run game to complement it," Shrader said.

As a true freshman at MSU in 2019, Shrader started four games and appeared in 10, completing 57.5 percent of his passes for 1,170 yards, eight touchdowns and five interceptions. He also rushed for 587 yards (5.2 ypc) and six scores, displaying a level of mobility that could mask the Orange's offensive line woes in recent years.

I think he will give DeVito all he can handle and start. He is definitely Dungeyesque! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom