Duke fan | Syracusefan.com

Duke fan

chs234

Walk On
Welcome to the ACC! Looking forward to the great basketball and lacrosse games our programs are going to have...and beat UNC!

Speaking of lacrosse, can SU start ACC play this spring 2012? Is their schedule set yet?

thanks, if the BE couldn't survive, I prefer the ACC to any other conference. Looking forward to some east carolina bbq.

thanks, if the BE couldn't survive, I prefer the ACC to any other conference. Looking forward to some east carolina bbq.

My sister has been living right outside of Albany for 35 years. Every time they visit Greensboro, NC her husband, who is a New Yorker, insists that they bring back at least ten pounds of BBQ. Apparently, many people from up there have never tasted pork BBQ. Once you do, you'll be hooked. There is a BBQ place called Stamey's right across the street from the coliseum and an even better place called Country BBQ on Wendover Ave 3-4 miles away.

Welcome to the ACC! Looking forward to the great basketball and lacrosse games our programs are going to have...and beat UNC!
No... the 27 months holds for all sports. Hopefully the Commish will see the futility in his bitterness and let us go beforethe 27 months. Who wants lame ducks in the league. It benefits nobody.

Thanks, and welcome to our board.

Question for you: assuming that the ACC stays at 14 members for a while, how do you see the divisions ending up? What do you hear? Is it going to be more along the lines of the existing divisions or will it be broken into Northern and Southern groups?

How about scheduling for hoops? Home and home in your division with one game against schools in the other division? Play everyone once and selected teams twice, where the opponents are based on historical rivalries and TV friendly matchups?

My sister has been living right outside of Albany for 35 years. Every time they visit Greensboro, NC her husband, who is a New Yorker, insists that they bring back at least ten pounds of BBQ. Apparently, many people from up there have never tasted pork BBQ. Once you do, you'll be hooked. There is a BBQ place called Stamey's right across the street from the coliseum and an even better place called Country BBQ on Wendover Ave 3-4 miles away.

That's Albany. In Syracuse we have one of the best BBQ places there is. Dinosaur BBQ.

Since all of these conference shuffles are football driven, any truth to the rumor Duke is going to drop down to the CAA so they can be somewhat more competitive on the gridiron.

http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/ = GMA voted #1 bbq joint in country in 2009.

main_image_syracuse.jpg

http://www.zagat.com/buzz/the-8-best-barbecue-restaurants-in-new-york

You came in friendship and I respect that. As far as I am concerned anybody is welcome here who wants to discuss sports intelligently. Unfortunately, every board has it's jerks including ours.

I think you will find that the majority of the posters here will welcome visitors who have good points and state them politely.

Thx for your greetings !!

Duke fans are just angry because they were used to being the only Northern school in the ACC and it gave them a bit of noteriety. Maryland isn't a real school anyway and doesn't count.
Duke does not do things The Carolina Way.

Duke fans are just angry because they were used to being the only Northern school in the ACC and it gave them a bit of noteriety. Maryland isn't a real school anyway and doesn't count.

I think we were told this guy was an NC State troll who surfs around causing trouble.

Can we have a censor for "The Carolina Way" like we did for "Rivals" for a few days?

My girlfriend is from Chapel Hill and a UNC fan. I've really tried to root for you guys, I really have, for her sake. But the flopping and the bullshit calls, and the morgue-like atmosphere in the Dean Dome. UNC's teams only make themselves likeable by being compared to Duke.

I think we were told this guy was an NC State troll who surfs around causing trouble.

So I am polite and stand up for Carolina so I'm a troll causing trouble?

Sorry to have bothered you. I am proud of Carolina and just because I didn't go to school there doesn't mean I can't be a fan. If you look at it most Carolina fans did not attend UNC. But we still love our Tar Heels!

So I am polite and stand up for Carolina so I'm a troll causing trouble?

Sorry to have bothered you. I am proud of Carolina and just because I didn't go to school there doesn't mean I can't be a fan. If you look at it most Carolina fans did not attend UNC. But we still love our Tar Heels!

Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, what exactly is "Dean Smith Depends" supposed to mean, if not a slam on his present memory loss condition?

Its going to be awesome from a basketball perspective.

Cuse brings 2-3 zone early in the season which exploits turnovers and runs off their athleticism a dome full of 25,000 easily whenever Duke and NC come. The premier zone team in the country.

Pitt brings a home toughness their fans are literally on the court and they are easily a top ten team in the country at home. Some much needed toughness to add to your conference. Tough as nails in the high and low paint every year without waivering.

Maryland GT and NCstate are tough but they don't add what Cuse and Pitt will a much needed swagger. You will see. :D

To bad Uconn went to division one football a year or two ago or I would say they would be another addition worth grabbing (especially for womens basketball against UNC and Duke.)

Its going to be awesome from a basketball perspective.

Cuse brings 2-3 zone early in the season which exploits turnovers and runs off their athleticism a dome full of 25,000 easily whenever Duke and NC come. The premier zone team in the country.

Pitt brings a home toughness their fans are literally on the court and they are easily a top ten team in the country at home. Some much needed toughness to add to your conference. Tough as nails in the high and low paint every year without waivering.

Maryland GT and NCstate are tough but they don't add what Cuse and Pitt will a much needed swagger. You will see. :D

To bad Uconn went to division one football a year or two ago or I would say they would be another addition worth grabbing (especially for womens basketball against UNC and Duke.)

Sounds like you guys think the ACC is just going to roll over and play dead once SU and Pitt join the conference. Even though the ACC has been dominated by UNC and Duke in recent years, we have won 8 titles in the last 20 years as opposed to 4 for the Big East. We are looking forward to having two great programs added to the mix but don't expect UNC and Duke to relinquish the ACC crown easily. You are going to have to wrest it from our grasp.

:)

Sounds like you guys think the ACC is just going to roll over and play dead once SU and Pitt join the conference. Even though the ACC has been dominated by UNC and Duke in recent years, we have won 8 titles in the last 20 years as opposed to 4 for the Big East. We are looking forward to having two great programs added to the mix but don't expect UNC and Duke to relinquish the ACC crown easily. You are going to have to wrest it from our grasp.

Wouldn't have it any other way. :cool:

Cheers,
Neil

I ac

I actually didn't mean it in that way. Just trying to say Cuse and Pitt will bring a unique brand of basketball as opposed to the rest not named duke unc who really weren't known for anything swaggerwise. Clemson had a decent full court press going for awhile other then that its kind of generic.

Not trying to knock on their success of the other programs not named Duke UNC(whos premier name is swagger alone) just saying Pitt, Cuse, Uconn, Nova Louisville, Marquette Seton Hall in the recent big east all have their own brand of swagger. Heck SJ beat duke last year.

If I were the ACC I probably would have grabbed Nova for their tough perimeter defense and three guard lineups or Uconn for their flahsy point guards and tough big men inside while I was at it. Thats the one thing the ACC could use. No need to grab Gtown (which sounds crazy from a Cuse fans perspective) but ACC has enough schools in that area and with the addition of Cuse and Pitt it couldn't hurt to grab another northern school.

Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, what exactly is "Dean Smith Depends" supposed to mean, if not a slam on his present memory loss condition?

Our great basketball program depends on the second to none tradition set by Coach Smith. I am sorry if you took my name another way. It certainly has nothing to do with his present condition as some unpleasant persons have suggested. Thank you.

Our great basketball program depends on the second to none tradition set by Coach Smith. I am sorry if you took my name another way. It certainly has nothing to do with his present condition as some unpleasant persons have suggested. Thank you.

You are FOS troll

Explain this greaseball http://mbd.At their request, this n...this site./mb.aspx?s=174&f=2580&t=7936404&p=2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom