Dumas says Mali Gone | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Dumas says Mali Gone

His jumper didn't get worse.

I don't get the notion of having kids leave early before the college game "exposes" them. And it's kinda funny to think such a nut cutting industry as the NBA will invest a few years to stash and develop a kid.

Kids tend to get a lot better at SU the longer they stay. Mali going is nuts, he has nothing NBA ready or close. Lots of 6'5" volume shooters out there.

I've said 5 times in this thread and others the past 24 hours that I believe Mali is a guy who should stay but understand why every other guy who has left in the past decade I understand.

If the college game didn't expose weaknesses wouldn't every top 10 recruit be lottery picks every year?

CJ was absolutely exposed when he went from a 3rd option to the main option hence the reason he was slated to get drafted after his third year to sitting without hearing his name called after his senior year.

I used to lurk here when MCW declared and the same nonsense said about him and staying to develop his shot was needed. Well, I'm sure the dude has been working on his shot since he left and it didn't get better.

In Malis case if he gets a first round promise I think he should bolt, if he's 50/50 first or second round he needs to stay. You need to strike while the iron is hot because opportunities are few and far between in the league.

Donte greene for sure.

He has stated that he doesn't regret it, he's made a pretty solid chunk of change as well. He also had family issues as well and needed the money, I'm sure he was able to help his family out when he left rather than playing for free.

Briancuse has dug himself a trench so deep on this position he has drilled through the earth's core and has ended up popping out of the other side of the planet.

My stance isn't unreasonable, if you are a lottery pick you should go, if not you should go back to school and work on your game.

He has stated that he doesn't regret it, he's made a pretty solid chunk of change as well. He also had family issues as well and needed the money, I'm sure he was able to help his family out when he left rather than playing for free.

He might be saying that, but does he believe it?

Donte greene for sure.

Donte Green turned out to be a millionaire and had a few years in the league. I'm not sure how much he regretted the decision.

Donte Green turned out to be a millionaire and had a few years in the league. I'm not sure how much he regretted the decision.

If he comes back to SU, maybe he is still playing in the league.

He might be saying that, but does he believe it?

AY5iqXxh.jpg

He had 5 million reasons to believe it, more reasons after shoe deals and other enforcements not including his money that was earned overseas.

Not a bad deal and enough money to go back and get an education if needed.

It would take somebody making 100k a year 50 years to earn what Donte did in 4 playing a game he loves fulfilling his dreams.

AY5iqXxh.jpg

He had 5 million reasons to believe it, more reasons after shoe deals and other enforcements not including his money that was earned overseas.

Not a bad deal and enough money to go back and get an education if needed.

It would take somebody making 100k a year 50 years to earn what Donte did in 4 playing a game he loves fulfilling his dreams.

And those numbers might have been more had he come back for another season.

If he comes back to SU, maybe he is still playing in the league.

Or maybe he comes back and doesn't improve and never makes the league.

I don't know, you don't know and it's the maybe game, but the facts are he is a millionaire.

And those numbers might have been more had he come back for another season.

And he might have caught AIDS from a hooker on Salina Street if he stayed. Nobody knows what could of, should have happened. But I don't know how you can be upset with all those zeros in your bank account.

Or maybe he comes back and doesn't improve and never makes the league.

I don't know, you don't know and it's the maybe game, but the facts are he is a millionaire.

If he invested it the right way.

And he might have caught AIDS from a hooker on Salina Street if he stayed. Nobody knows what could of, should have happened. But I don't know how you can be upset with all those zeros in your bank account.

Its not about being upset, its about what is best for the kid in the long run, and sometimes going back to school is whats best, its just sad that most kids just care about getting that first contract, and thats it.

If he invested it the right way.

Point is he earned the money and did whatever he did with it. That's nobodies business but his.

If we're talking about the aftermath of players and their money I guess Derrick Coleman should have never have played since he doesn't have the 100 mil he earned playing.

Its not about being upset, its about what is best for the kid in the long run, and sometimes going back to school is whats best, its just sad that most kids just care about getting that first contract, and thats it.

Sometimes it is best for them to go back, I'd never debate that, but sometimes it's not and sometimes you need to strike when the iron is hot.

Point is he earned the money and did whatever he did with it. That's nobodies business but his.

If we're talking about the aftermath of players and their money I guess Derrick Coleman should have never have played since he doesn't have the 100 mil he earned playing.

That is a different discussion, the money wasn't even remotely close to the same that it is today.

Sometimes it is best for them to go back, I'd never debate that, but sometimes it's not and sometimes you need to strike when the iron is hot.

His iron isn't as hot as it could be.

That is a different discussion, the money wasn't even remotely close to the same that it is today.

It is another discussion which is why I don't understand you bringing up if Dante invested properly. You can have a billion or 10k in the bank and squander it.

His iron isn't as hot as it could be.

You're playing the could game again, a LOT of things COULD happen. Nobody knows what's going to happen or how somebody develops. I doubt Mali gets worse or any player gets worse but guys do max out, it happens.

two3zone said:
Aren't you the one who said McCullough regretted it? Get out of here. Lol Cj was on every draft board after his junior year, second round. Came back and nothing. You don't think there's regret?

This is getting silly. Regret has nothing to do with it. You make the best, most informed choice for you. Then you live with it. If it were an easy choice everyone would make the same one. It's not. That's why it's best to leave it up the kid and sometimes his family.

I'd be SHOCKED if Mali came back and didn't improve his draft stock. He, along with Lydon, will be the focal points of the offense. Add in Tyus Battle who should be collapsing defenses regularly and what I imagine is going to be a monster offensive rebounding squad and he will have plenty of opportunity to be a 20+ ppg scorer...easy. Not to mention, he's now a "name" player in CBB.

could game goes both ways.

mali has nothing to lose returning. some of us make it sound like oh its such a risk, well if you feel that way then syracuse is never going to win a title ever. Even if he gets hurt next year his draft stock would drop a bit, but he would still be drafted.
Hes got to good of seperation and driving game not to.
Either decision is good, his choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom