Dungey drafted to XFL 3.0 DC Defenders | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey drafted to XFL 3.0 DC Defenders

In principle of course you are right. Practically speaking, however, I don’t think these things are ever that black and white. You get injured at the wrong time, some bad luck, you just never know. I think that’s all people here are saying.

Personally, I believed he could have been a gadget player in the right offense. The operative phrase being the right offense. It didn’t happen.

That's true. Look no further than Brock Purdy.

In principle of course you are right. Practically speaking, however, I don’t think these things are ever that black and white. You get injured at the wrong time, some bad luck, you just never know. I think that’s all people here are saying.

Personally, I believed he could have been a gadget player in the right offense. The operative phrase being the right offense. It didn’t happen.
The NFL doesn't have roster space for gadget players that are only an emergency QB. They often don't even carry 3 QBs on their gameday rosters.

The NFL doesn't have roster space for gadget players that are only an emergency QB. They often don't even carry 3 QBs on their gameday rosters.
True. The nfl teams are ultra conservative (not in the good way) copycats. But all it would take would be one or two teams having success with a player like that and everyone would jump on board. They’re like TV programmers.

True. The nfl teams are ultra conservative (not in the good way) copycats. But all it would take would be one or two teams having success with a player like that and everyone would jump on board. They’re like TV programmers.
taysum hill is the only example i can think off currently

Entertaining game and really like how they are running the league.
I think I’ll keep watching even though Dungey isn’t playing.

The XFL weekend ratings for opening weekend weren't bad; they were horrible. Especially compared to USFL, the last XFL, and AAF. This league probably isn't having a season two, and if they call it quits in a few weeks and shut this entire thing down, I wouldn't be surprised.

The XFL weekend ratings for opening weekend weren't bad; they were horrible. Especially compared to USFL, the last XFL, and AAF. This league probably isn't having a season two, and if they call it quits in a few weeks and shut this entire thing down, I wouldn't be surprised.
Watched a few minutes, idk. didn’t draw me in.

Watched a few minutes, idk. didn’t draw me in.
I think one of the problems is them starting the sunday after the super bowl, let the football withdrawals kick in for the average fan and then start it up. I’ve been watching just because of my love for the game but there’s fans out there that I presume are more likely to watch after a break from football.

The XFL has been a very hard watch thus far. The 2020 edition came out of the gate much better. If not for COVID, they likely don't fold and have a successful year.

He’s in uniform this game but haven’t seen him in yet (did miss some of the start)

FA9F90DF-7650-4257-9576-1E919DE0B4CA.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom