ESPN article on succession plans at Duke, UNC & Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN article on succession plans at Duke, UNC & Syracuse

LOL ESPN has no clue. Red is the only option out of that list and he's going to be in the 3rd group that is (national search + Red interview).

JW loves Nate Oats. legit was starstruck when UB came into the dome and handled us. He'll get a call

please let this be true. I’m all on board with Oats.

Well, then thank god we have an AD in charge of the process who knows what he's doing and will seek to hire the best candidate he can line up instead of fans who want to aim low, settle for unqualified candidates, and cross their fingers about the outcome hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

So I can put you down as a “no” for Gmac?

Attachments

• 200 (2).gif
    200 (2).gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
Told us what?

Thus why Hopkins will be the HC. JB all the past greats like Coleman, Owens, Wallace, Carmelo, Nichols, Devo etc. Will want Hopkins to be the next HC.

Our past greats who are most active and present around the program to this day will have their say.

I know he answered the question, but that felt a bit of a throwaway response in comparison to the other two.

The basic answer is they're going to balance in house vs out of the box guys. Should have been easy with Hop (I'm paraphrasing).

His last paragraph in response:
Here's my question for you, though: What kind of job is Syracuse in the post-Boeheim era? He has been the man in charge since 1976 and is at the heart of most of the Orange's success in program history. It's not in the classic ACC footprint, it's not too fertile a recruiting area and they haven't finished higher than sixth in the league since 2014.

**emphasis mine**

I can't imagine Cooley or Willard having a real shot.

Of course Syracuse isn't at the level of Duke or UNC, but that doesn't mean it's a bad gig. Being the next tier down is darn appealing and you own the state of NY for college basketball, ACC, Dome, Melo Center, etc. We all know the positives.
Unc is a top 3 job. It was before Roy got there. Duke is Duke because of Coach K. We like to poke fun at him but he's either the Greatest or 2nd greatest college coach ever. I think they have some tough times when he leaves.

Thus why Hopkins will be the HC. JB all the past greats like Coleman, Owens, Wallace, Carmelo, Nichols, Devo etc. Will want Hopkins to be the next HC.

Our past greats who are most active and present around the program to this day will have their say.
Wildhack will listen and then he will find the right fit as he sees it. It may or may not be popular among the alumni.

He is an interesting candidate. Do not knock the job he’s done getting that program back to respectability.

He can coach and recruit.

There is no way we get to candidates after Hopkins or Oats. There will be no need. One of those guys will get offered and take the job. Stop trying to out think this Hopkins will be the HC.

There is no way we get to candidates after Hopkins or Oats. There will be no need. One of those guys will get offered and take the job. Stop trying to out think this Hopkins will be the HC.
Oates and Hop would be my first two choices but you could do a lot worse than Cooley. The guy.can coach.

About as much as one could expect someone to win at Providence.

Not really an answer. Has he taken the program to new heights ? No and who exactly big time has he recruited ?

About as much as one could expect someone to win at Providence.
He's been to the tourney 5 times. His team's are competitive every year. Still a long way to go but he's up 11 at Creighton. Providence is one of the toughest jobs out there.

Hard to recruit big time without the necessary white collar amenities.

I just want Hopkins. I know he has 1 win so far this year after last place last year. I don't care if it continues and he is let go from UW. Its a bad fit his recruiting in the east has dried up and he was an outsider in developing recruiting ties in pacific northwest which is a big time talent well. Also I maintain he never wanted to be there to begin with. He will come back here home where he belongs and those recruiting wells will spring again.

I just want Hopkins. I know he has 1 win so far this year after last place last year. I don't care if it continues and he is let go from UW. Its a bad fit his recruiting in the east has dried up and he was an outsider in developing recruiting ties in pacific northwest which is a big time talent well. Also I maintain he never wanted to be there to begin with. He will come back here home where he belongs and those recruiting wells will spring again.
And that's the problem. As stated earlier, I'm glad we have a competent AD instead of idiot fans making the choice.

I know he answered the question, but that felt a bit of a throwaway response in comparison to the other two.

The basic answer is they're going to balance in house vs out of the box guys. Should have been easy with Hop (I'm paraphrasing).

His last paragraph in response:
Here's my question for you, though: What kind of job is Syracuse in the post-Boeheim era? He has been the man in charge since 1976 and is at the heart of most of the Orange's success in program history. It's not in the classic ACC footprint, it's not too fertile a recruiting area and they haven't finished higher than sixth in the league since 2014.

**emphasis mine**

I can't imagine Cooley or Willard having a real shot.

Of course Syracuse isn't at the level of Duke or UNC, but that doesn't mean it's a bad gig. Being the next tier down is darn appealing and you own the state of NY for college basketball, ACC, Dome, Melo Center, etc. We all know the positives.

What’s considered fertile recruiting grounds for basketball ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom