ESPN crawl: Boeheim says "I don't know anything about it". | Syracusefan.com

ESPN crawl: Boeheim says "I don't know anything about it".

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
Am I being too sensitive, or is this another example of ESPN selectively reporting a quote?
At first blush that sounds like JB was totally clueless...again...about what was happening "on his watch".
I mean, what else didn't he know was going on in "his" program???

However, the entire comment reads:
"I don't know anything about it. I would not comment on anything like that. Good luck with your story".
This 2nd part reads like JB is basically saying..."Im not gonna comment on that- you won't hear anything from me. Peace out"!!!

images

Probably a little in column a, little in column b.

But, yeah, I do subscribe to the idea that ESPN has decided that it will portray the hoops program in a somewhat negative light when given the chance.

part of it is trying to fit an entire news story into something that scrolls across in 10 seconds.

part of it is trying to fit an entire news story into something that scrolls across in 10 seconds.

Not buying it.
Sure a longer quotation provides context, but who decides where to chop and where to omit?
This happens far too much for it to be a want to "fit the scroll" thingy. Its whatever's most likely to grab your attention, thats what they're gonna quote...and to he!! w/ the context.

Not buying it.
Sure a longer quotation provides context, but who decides where to chop and where to omit?
This happens far too much for it to be a want to "fit the scroll" thingy. Its whatever's most likely to grab your attention, thats what they're gonna quote...and to he!! w/ the context.

I agree with you...I should have explained better. My problem is that they take something that was meant for scores into something that shouldn't be used for that in the first place. Stories like this cannot be told in quick bursts. They then go for the headline quote, which is misleading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom