FBI Hoops Trial starting | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

FBI Hoops Trial starting

if Pitino got canned - how is Miller seemingly skating free and eazy at AZ for doing the exact same thing (i.e., being the head coach while players getting $$ from adidas)??

Heads gotta roll after this.

Miller might have dodged a bullet over the off-season, but he has to go down after this. Ditto several other serial cheaters.

And I hope they do -- time for this cesspool to pull some victims down for venturing too close to the waters.

Are there no repercussions for the shoe companies themselves? Not in terms of legal liabilities, but how can the NCAA ward off this type of interference with its rules if they can't now impose some sort of penalties? Excluding them from contracting with schools? And what about the AAU circuit? I don't know how all of that stuff works, but it's sickening to know that the billion dollar corporate interests don't lose, while the low-income kids are screwed.

if Pitino got canned - how is Miller seemingly skating free and eazy at AZ for doing the exact same thing (i.e., being the head coach while players getting $$ from adidas)??
At least in Pitino's case, it was the 2nd time in 3 years something bad happened, and he used the "it was my rogue assistant, and I had absolutely no idea" card. Fair or unfair, I don't know, but he had run out of chances. Especially since this happened while they were on probation.

Had the dorm scandal not happened, he probably survives this, at least to this point as he doesn't seem worse than Miller and the other head coaches (though I haven't followed every latest development).

Heads gotta roll after this.

Miller might have dodged a bullet over the off-season, but he has to go down after this. Ditto several other serial cheaters.

And I hope they do -- time for this cesspool to pull some victims down for venturing too close to the waters.
nah gon happen unless more serious evidence come out.

How are these coaches supposed to know what AAU coaches and shoe company reps are doing with basketball prospects? They're not mind readers.

nah gon happen unless more serious evidence come out.

How are these coaches supposed to know what AAU coaches and shoe company reps are doing with basketball prospects? They're not mind readers.
More evidence IS coming out. Eventually, somebody's going to get hung.

Its gonna get real interesting when the Defense starts calling witnesses, particularly Gatto and Dawkins. Their defense is that the schools were witting participants and therefore could not be victims. They will have to name names to prove the schools were aware.

Don’t think anything happens to Arizona, Kansas or Kentucky.

Different rules for different schools. (See North Carolina)

Don’t think anything happens to Arizona, Kansas or Kentucky.

Different rules for different schools. (See North Carolina)

Arizona is more like us than Kansas or Kentucky. They are just below blue blood status.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom