Feel bad for the fifth year transfers | Syracusefan.com

Feel bad for the fifth year transfers

...Who came here to experience the NCAA tournament.

Sucks that we got off to such a poor start. Really odd team / season.

I don't feel bad for them anymore than anyone else. They came to showcase their skills on a different/bigger stage. They achieved that. I feel more for guys like Robey who was here for all 4 years and ended so poorly.

...Who came here to experience the NCAA tournament.

Sucks that we got off to such a poor start. Really odd team / season.
quick question as you seem pretty connected to the program - on the starting line up out of the gate - did JB watch preseason practice? That line up had 3 players who were very challenged offensively (I understand the Coleman injury situation). You would literally have to win most games 50 - 49 with that starting five. Coleman & Roberson together is like playing 4 on 5. Neither has any offense outside of 2 - 3 feet of the basket. In today's game it made no sense.

I feel incredibly bad for Andrew White.

Everyone else, it sucks, but AW3.. Makes me sick for him.

I'm with the guy who wished White had made his decision earlier in the summer so that the guys could play together and learn the D. That was the major problem this year. Our offense was better than normal, once we got going.

quick question as you seem pretty connected to the program - on the starting line up out of the gate - did JB watch preseason practice? That line up had 3 players who were very challenged offensively (I understand the Coleman injury situation). You would literally have to win most games 50 - 49 with that starting five. Coleman & Roberson together is like playing 4 on 5. Neither has any offense outside of 2 - 3 feet of the basket. In today's game it made no sense.
That is the fairest question ever asked. How fair? I just asked a local journalist the same exact question. Plus throw in why Gillon wasn't the starting pt guard from jump street. didn't fall practice tell you everything you needed to see?

I'm with the guy who wished White had made his decision earlier in the summer so that the guys could play together and learn the D. That was the major problem this year. Our offense was better than normal, once we got going.
Quite frankly< I'm thinking right about now, White wished he had taken a bit more time and picked elsewhere.

Quite frankly< I'm thinking right about now, White wished he had taken a bit more time and picked elsewhere.

I understand what you are saying, but you do realize that would have meant he picked a school after the fall semester started, thus making him ineligible for playing...

That is the fairest question ever asked. How fair? I just asked a local journalist the same exact question. Plus throw in why Gillon wasn't the starting pt guard from jump street. didn't fall practice tell you everything you needed to see?

Well, fall practice let JB to say that this team "had everything" and was one of his best ever. So, I'm not sure what the staff was seeing.

Maybe the offense wasn't stagnant against the sieve-like defense they faced in practice?

what was the answer from the journalist if you are able to share?

Please give me your thoughts on our record without them. Thanks!

I think JB said we wouldn't have won 18 games without them. I wonder if that means he thinks we would have won 17 without them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom