For all the angry transfer portal guys, what is realistic for | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

For all the angry transfer portal guys, what is realistic for

This can be a golden year for us in the Portal. I expect a massive amount of kids transferring with the NCAA dropping the 1 year sit out rule. It's going to be musical chairs.

Portal kids are looking for more PT. We can offer that to OL, DT, WR and to a very good QB.

I'm not sure how many we can take under limit once we backdate early enrollees but I hope we are highly active in there.

yeah no he wouldn't. there are rules in place for how many kids you can bring in. You can basically add 25 kids per academic year. That includes transfers. You can get creative by backdating some kids who enroll early, but there are caps on that to, and at the end of the day you can have no more than 85 kids on scholarship.

The NCAA in the past year or two made it harder to manipulate the numbers.
you can disagree with me all you want but I'm just the messenger, take a look for yourself. After this disaster of a season we should have plenty of spots open for transfers. SMU 2019 Football Commits

This is a guy I would start with for some competition for TD

This is a guy I would start with for some competition for TD

Why would he be more than just a back up or significantly better than the backups on the roster? How is a career backup at Cinci going to actually push Devito?

which is where it gets interesting.. you could in theory have 20 Jrs who will be Jrs next yr and you might only have room for 5 kids the next yr.. a whole class of HS kids might not have room the following year depending on how many kids want to stay around.. it wont matter as much to the big schools as those kids stay only 3 yrs anyway..

the NCAA should not have given everyone an extra year.

they should have just said its a RS yr where you can play every game if you want.. kids should not be getting 6 yrs. if i works out you play 5 thats great if you played 4 thats the way it works out. the shakeout for the next 2-3 yrs is gonna be worse for HS kid with no spots to come into for programs without forcing out the kids that played thru this.

I also am curious as to how many of our guys are being pursued by other schools. We may have more guys opt to return than expected because they didn't get better options. None of us really know what is fact from fiction on if players are interested in coming here or other programs are interested in our guys.
They can't be pursued by other schools until the enter the portal.

Why would he be more than just a back up or significantly better than the backups on the roster? How is a career backup at Cinci going to actually push Devito?

He's a very good player (same HS as Mahoney) and probably what we would be able to get at the QB position from a transfer standpoint and would provide veteran competition to TD. Low risk take with TD coming back.

yeah no he wouldn't. there are rules in place for how many kids you can bring in. You can basically add 25 kids per academic year. That includes transfers. You can get creative by backdating some kids who enroll early, but there are caps on that to, and at the end of the day you can have no more than 85 kids on scholarship.

The NCAA in the past year or two made it harder to manipulate the numbers.
You can have more than 85 next year because seniors do not count towards the 85. Not sure if that means only redshirt seniors and four year players that are seniors or includes redshirt juniors that are seniors in class.

He's a very good player (same HS as Mahoney) and probably what we would be able to get at the QB position from a transfer standpoint and would provide veteran competition to TD. Low risk take with TD coming back.
If it’s truly open competition why would any qb not come. They are going to have to compete no mater what school they transfer. Yes the OL has issues but that is where a DT comes in to play.

you can disagree with me all you want but I'm just the messenger, take a look for yourself. After this disaster of a season we should have plenty of spots open for transfers. SMU 2019 Football Commits
So the extreme exception to thw rule is evidence that Dino should be able to domit the same way? Dykes said most of the transfers they got were guys looking to get closer to home. How many P5 guys from NYS are in the portal and wanting to move back home? I'm sure it's a lot less than Texas.

You can have more than 85 next year because seniors do not count towards the 85. Not sure if that means only redshirt seniors and four year players that are seniors or includes redshirt juniors that are seniors in class.
Multiple times it has been explained that the only players that will not count towards the 85 limit next year are current SU seniors that no longer, after this year, have eligibility. There are only 11 current SU seniors that meet this requirement if they choose to return to SU.

Nykeim Johnson, Chris Elmore, Kingsley Jonathan, Devon Clarke, Rex Culpepper, Airon Servais, Patrick Davis, Josh Black, Nolan Cooney, Cody Roscoe, and McKinley Williams are the only players who won't count in 2021 if they return.

Just in case you haven't read this same info in other threads on this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom