For the Buddy bashers, how many games have been | Syracusefan.com

For the Buddy bashers, how many games have been

GoSU96

Living Legend
lost because of the minutes he played?

How many would have ended up as wins if he isn’t on the floor?

lost because of the minutes he played?

How many would have ended up as wins if he isn’t on the floor?

We would have had a net 5 additional wins.

Are you JBs neighbor? Buddy’s god parent, his former CYO coach? What is the point of the question? People are completely irrational when evaluating kids from CNY, both for and against.

No one is truly arguing that he shouldn’t start and play given the roster. Most people are arguing that it is absolutely ridiculous that he doesn’t come off the floor.

To take it a step further it’s ridiculous that anyone consistently plays 40 minutes and even more so that multiple guys do.

Last edited:
You’re dying on this hill and it’s as odd as the hills crafted by those who you are targeting (buddy isn’t d1, etc (although that was mainly last season))

it’s a question.

Why not create a post if only JB played Sherman Douglas 40 minutes in the 1987 NC instead of 39 do we win it all?
My god.

If you can’t see the defense struggles the last 5 minutes of games I can’t help you. Playing 40 or high 30minutes a game wears players down.

Teams with better players don’t play their players that many minutes.

Sorry but this is a straw man argument. Nobody wants JB to sit Buddy just because they want Buddy to sit. We have other scholarship guards who might not be the offensive threats that Buddy is but can improve the defense and allow Buddy to be fresher at the end of games.

Why not create a post if only JB played Sherman Douglas 40 minutes in the 1987 NC instead of 39 do we win it all?
My god.

If you can’t see the defense struggles the last 5 minutes of games I can’t help you. Playing 40 or high 30minutes a game wears players down.

Teams with better players don’t play their players that many minutes.

Sorry but this is a straw man argument. Nobody wants JB to sit Buddy just because they want Buddy to sit. We have other scholarship guards who might not be the offensive threats that Buddy is but can improve the defense and allow Buddy to be fresher at the end of games.
Tbh there are probably a few who dont want buddy to play because of his last name on here

Clearly an impossible one to answer. But I’ll appease you. I think we have a good chance to beat Miami if buddy doesn’t see 45 minutes. 45!
HoWash would have scored 20 if it wasnt for pesky buddy in the way. Kid doesnt shoot

Tbh there are probably a few who dont want buddy to play because of his last name on here
Maybe, but I don’t think there are more than maybe one or two posters who think that.
The idea that Buddy plays too many minutes is completely within question. We struggle the last 5 minutes of games.
It’s not Buddy’s fault that playing the entire game wears players down.
You can’t play that many minutes and be the same player. His legs haven’t been their the past games. Buddy doesn’t shoot airballs at the end of games unless something is up.

Plus Goodine makes the defense better. Subbing him in earlier would help the defense.

Zion Williamson arguably the most hyped and dominant player to play college basketball in the last what 10-15 years?

Zion averaged 31 MPG at duke (this is not factoring in the games he missed)... I think that says it all. ZION WILLIAMSON averaged a decent amount less mpg then Buddy this year... I just don’t see a solid explanation as to why his minutes could not have been around 30mpg all year. If we mixed in brycen more and let him go through his growing pains earlier in the year I think we would have been a better team for it.

Zion Williamson arguably the most hyped and dominant player to play college basketball in the last what 10-15 years?

Zion averaged 31 MPG at duke (this is not factoring in the games he missed)... I think that says it all. ZION WILLIAMSON averaged a decent amount less mpg then Buddy this year... I just don’t see a solid explanation as to why his minutes could not have been around 30mpg all year. If we mixed in brycen more and let him go through his growing pains earlier in the year I think we would have been a better team for it.
Premise of argument is sound but elite teams often have more opportunity to sit starters so that plays a role

We would have had a net 5 additional wins.

Are you JBs neighbor? Buddy’s god parent, his former CYO coach? What is the point of the question? People are completely irrational when evaluating kids from CNY, both for and against.

No one is truly arguing that he shouldn’t start and play given the roster. Most people are arguing that it is absolutely ridiculous that he doesn’t come off the floor.

To take it a step further it’s ridiculous that anyone consistently plays 40 minutes and even more so that multiple guys do.
Exactly right. I’d also like to see Buddy get the hook when he doesn’t even try for a loose ball or rebound that falls in front of him. His rebounding is atrocious, completely devoid of effort. No one else on the team is allowed to do what he does in terms of rebounding.

Exactly right. I’d also like to see Buddy get the hook when he doesn’t even try for a loose ball or rebound that falls in front of him. His rebounding is atrocious, completely devoid of effort. No one else on the team is allowed to do what he does in terms of rebounding.

Buddy isn’t lazy, those are the classic signs of a player that is gassed.

None of this is Buddy's fault and I don't think many people are saying he shouldn't be playing a lot. Is he playing too many minutes is a question everyone on the team faces. Is he getting an extra long leash because he is playing for his Dad.? I think so but that question comes with the territory when the coach and player are father and son. I think the defense of Buddy is a little crazy - it is a very small minority questioning his contribution - the question is of JB and his roster management which to a lot of us is dreadful.

Syracuse is a mediocre team and has been for 5 seasons now. Syracuse also does two things (2-3 zone only and iron man minutes) that basically no other team in D1/P5 does. It sure doesn't look like those two things are making Syracuse any better. Unless those are the only two things keeping the record above .500.

YMMV. Have fun.

Our guard rebounding outside of maybe Triche has always been awful though. Battle/Cooney...This isn't new.

Buddy isn’t lazy, those are the classic signs of a player that is gassed.

I don't think he's lazy, but I would like to see him be more aggressive and more scrappy on the defensive end and fight for rebounds.

John Gillon who isn't tall enough to ride all the rides at Six Flags averaged more rebounds per game than Buddy.

Our guard rebounding outside of maybe Triche has always been awful though. Battle/Cooney...This isn't new.

But at least Joe tries. And the guys sitting on the bench that get spot minutes consistently end up with equal numbers to the rebounds that Buddy gets in 4 times as many minutes.

But at least Joe tries. And the guys sitting on the bench that get spot minutes consistently end up with equal numbers to the rebounds that Buddy gets in 4 times as many minutes.

Oh i get it. Joe is a better rebounder for sure, but guard rebounding here has always been an issue. Fans complained last year about Battle not rebounding.

Oh i get it. Joe is a better rebounder for sure, but guard rebounding here has always been an issue. Fans complained last year about Battle not rebounding.
Even still. Tyus averaged 3.3 boards per game last year in similar minutes. Buddy is averaging less than 2. He has to do more, especially when he's getting locked up like he has been lately.

Buddy Boeheim is Luke Hancock on a good team.

The problem is the roster he plays on doesn’t have the depth and skill for Buddy to be the Hancock on this team.
He has to play minutes and be relied on like he is Bradley Beal.

We need more talent so Buddy can be the player he is. Which is a perfect complementary player on a NC team like Hancock.

I don't think he's lazy, but I would like to see him be more aggressive and more scrappy on the defensive end and fight for rebounds.

John Gillon who isn't tall enough to ride all the rides at Six Flags averaged more rebounds per game than Buddy.

Gillon was quick. Buddy is not. I think it boils down to him being slow, not lazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom