For the Buddy bashers, how many games have been | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

For the Buddy bashers, how many games have been

If they have 8 Mc D AAs and 3 are one and done( that doesn’t happen every year) And they bring in 2 or 3 more ...I don’t get your math.
I was asking a question. Did they have 8 MAA's last on the roster last year, this year? I didn't look.

None of this is Buddy's fault and I don't think many people are saying he shouldn't be playing a lot. Is he playing too many minutes is a question everyone on the team faces. Is he getting an extra long leash because he is playing for his Dad.? I think so but that question comes with the territory when the coach and player are father and son. I think the defense of Buddy is a little crazy - it is a very small minority questioning his contribution - the question is of JB and his roster management which to a lot of us is dreadful.
You mean that you don't believe in the JB conspiracy? That the selfish old man stayed as coach only to insure his son not only plays but plays 35-40 minutes a game? Come that is what loads of posters have been implying for 2 years now.

buddy shoots a whole lot. among the leaders in FG attempts and minutes in the ACC. shoots and plays more than most of the dudes who made the 3 all conference teams. does seems like this offense is somewhat tailored to his one particular skill set. shooting threes. and he takes a whole lot of those. just sayin'

Last edited:
buddy shoots a whole lot. among the leaders in FG attempts and minutes in the ACC. shoots and plays more than most of the dudes who made the 3 all conference teams. does seems like this offense is somewhat tailored to his one particular skill set. shooting threes. and he takes a whole lot of those.

giphy.gif

Hmm, 3pt shooter shoots a lot of 3's you say?
Ryan McMahon says HI! ;)

Notify the media!!

Was the "offense tailored" to Uncle Drew taking a lot of 3's?
How about Andy Rautins? GMac? Southerland? DNic? Shump? Matt Roe??

You want your players doing the thing(s) they do best, as often as is practical.

You mean that you don't believe in the JB conspiracy? That the selfish old man stayed as coach only to insure his son not only plays but plays 35-40 minutes a game? Come that is what loads of posters have been implying for 2 years now.

it1SXwl.gif

top 5 ACC in field goal attempts. top 3 in minutes. i guess you might say he was somewhat "featured " in our offense this year. you'd agree ? 19 fewer shots than 1st team elijah. just four less than nwora. high volume guy.
doesn't bring a whole lot more to the table ...

...by design.

Last edited:
Buddy got 17 minutes a game last year as a sub for Tyus and Frank. He earned those minutes in conference play because he could shoot. Was he lighting it up out of conference though? Nope. Did those early semi force feed minutes help his confidence? Probably. And it probably is the reason he improved during the season.

Crazy theory I know. Let a young player work through some mistakes because it improves them, their confidence and your team by the end of the season. The frustration is that this approach seems to be a one off with JB and was only used with buddy when a lot of players who probably benefit from this. Brycen has skills the starting guards don’t have just like buddy had skills last year the startling guards didn’t have.

?? It was used with Quincy this year.

If they have 8 Mc D AAs and 3 are one and done( that doesn’t happen every year) And they bring in 2 or 3 more ...I don’t get your math.
Turns out my math wasn't far off. They had 3 leave last year and brought in 3 this year. Tre Jones is the lone holdover from the 2018 MAA class. None from the two classes before that are on the team. That's 4 total on the whole team. It's kinda hard to have 3-5 on the bench when you have 4 on the whole team. Even if they're not all one and done, many will transfer when they get recruited over. You see, MAAs don't like to sit on the bench.

Buddy got 17 minutes a game last year as a sub for Tyus and Frank.
buddy ,brissett ,battle and hughes all played 39 minutes in our tourney loss to baylor. carey played 3 minutes and cost us the game as you all no doubt recall. rotation ? this coach doesn't believe in it. and has said as much many times. just get ready for more of the same til he's vanquished . JB gonna JB.

Last edited:
?? It was used with Quincy this year.

The 4 and 5 like to collect fouls. Quincy has to play out of necessity. Which is good for him and the team in the long run. I think Edwards could have spelled Bou more often though too.

I dont say things for likes. A couple points gained in defense by HoWash doesnt erase the 0 scoring

Can't believe that you were serious about substituting HoWash for Buddy and gaining 20 points by a player who never shoots. Were you being sarcastic or serious?

Not a conspiracy. More like an awfully large blind spot

lost because of the minutes he played?

How many would have ended up as wins if he isn’t on the floor?

I have no idea, but if you think his excessive PT lost us even one, it means a match-up with UNC. Is that a good or bad thing? I suppose we find out tomorrow!!!
LGO!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Ryan McMahon says HI! ;)

Notify the media!!

You want your players doing the thing(s) they do best, as often as is practical.

The offense was definitely not tailored for Matt Roe. He was the 5th option on the 88-89 team.

Who's a "buddy basher?" Anyone who dared to criticize any one of his performances?
This 'basher' nonsense sounds like myspace era kidstuff.

He does some stuff very well. He does other stuff very not well. People talk about both. Kinda why we're here. He's not alone. He's not a target.

That stuff is kind of silly, IMO.

giphy.gif

Ryan McMahon says HI! ;)

Notify the media!!

Contested 3s and bad shots ...he’s a chucker and a a big reason for the teams failures this season. As most have stated, If his last name wasn’t boeheim, he wouldn’t play more than 15 mins. Reality is, we are not a good team because he and giriard are just not good enough for the acc, and you need a strong backcourt in college. Goodine has the most potential and should be playing at least 15-20 mins. Sadly, this is our backcourt for 2-3 more years, so it probably won’t get much better.

We found another one above^ lol wouldn’t play 15 minutes. Buddy and Girard are probably A-10 level to him

We found another one above^ lol wouldn’t play 15 minutes. Buddy and Girard are probably A-10 level to him
I'm actually a she ;), and most would agree with my assessment based on facts and stats. He is one dimensional and would be a nice little bench player, but he's not starter material. He chucks, he can't play defense, and he misses free throws during ALL critical times. I have yet to see him make a free-throw when it counts.

We are in deep doo doo for awhile if this is our backcourt. Face it, we have been a bubble team for the last 6 years, and this year and last have been 2 of the worst. It's not getting better, we still have no big men, and we do not have a big-time pg for at least 2-3 more years, and he is no guarantee either. Heck, we don't even have a real true pg.

I'm a realist, and reality is, we are not reloading like we used to.

There are some A-10 back court combos that I would trade for straight up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom