For those still lamenting | Syracusefan.com

For those still lamenting

For those still lamenting SU's departure from the Big East, what we saw last night were the destinies of a program that was chosen by the ACC and a program that was left behind.

Yep, and being in the northeast.

Those in areas near more talent have sustained or even improved (i.e. Cincy), but a school with no football tradition in an area with limited football talent stood no chance.

The universe corrected itself. Upgrading to Division 1A (what it was called at the time) and having immediate access to a P5 league was a gift that no school should get.

Now the hope has to be that this (seeming) resurgence gets us a Big 10 invite
I live outside of Houston. I am holding out for an SEC invite.

1) So the SEC can "punch" the B1G in the nose
2) Better recruiting in the south
3) I prefer not to be associated with Ped State U., rather obvious reasoning
4) I prefer not to be associated with Rutgers, blatantly obvious reasoning
5) I may be able to get to nearby games with UT, TAMU, Arkansas, LSU, MSU, Ole Miss

Just this fan's preference.

I live outside of Houston. I am holding out for an SEC invite.

1) So the SEC can "punch" the B1G in the nose
2) Better recruiting in the south
3) I prefer not to be associated with Ped State U., rather obvious reasoning
4) I prefer not to be associated with Rutgers, blatantly obvious reasoning
5) I may be able to get to nearby games with UT, TAMU, Arkansas, LSU, MSU, Ole Miss

Just this fan's preference.
Now the hope has to be that this (seeming) resurgence gets us a Big 10 and we might become the # 3 academic school in the conference if that happened. (UT and Vandy be ahead. Might be one or 2 others.)

Last edited:
Of all the misplaced Board gripes, the "we should have never left the Big East" gripe is the dumbest.
The thought of us being in the AAC for football or even worse, independent, is just the most depressing thing ever.

That's pretty much it, as well as those who miss those hoops rivalries with Depaul and Marquette that had soooo many decades of tradition behind them...
I liked playing both of those teams

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom