Frank and trevor...... | Syracusefan.com

Frank and trevor......

newmexicuse

All Conference
Two of our most polarizing players in terms of love/hate with the fanbase.

Jason Hart. Those of us around for those discussions will hold him as the gold standard for polarization.

The Hart vs Griffin debates were legendary.

I remember Autry being a bit of a disappointment early on, given how highly rated he was coming in. He really came up big his senior year, though. Hart...I never really warmed up to. Great defensively but he didn't really ever make the leap offensively.

I remember Autry being a bit of a disappointment early on, given how highly rated he was coming in. He really came up big his senior year, though. Hart...I never really warmed up to. Great defensively but he didn't really ever make the leap offensively.
Hart and Autry stats were very close. In harts jr season he averaged 13.9 pts a game. In Autry's jr year he averaged 11.2 pts a game. In their sr year, there reversed the numbers with Hart at 11.9 pts per game and Autry with 13.2. Very close for both guys.

Hart and Autry stats were very close. In harts jr season he averaged 13.9 pts a game. In Autry's jr year he averaged 11.2 pts a game. In their sr year, there reversed the numbers with Hart at 11.9 pts per game and Autry with 13.2. Very close for both guys.

I thought Autry was closer to 17 his senior year.

I thought Autry was closer to 17 his senior year.
So did I. And he did. I just checked another spot and they have him at 16.7 the first place i looked had his 4 years and had 13 What

I guess they're both polarizing. But Frank - who still doesn't look like a point guard - has more basketball talent in his little finger than Trevor ever saw.

Cooney was frustrating because the coaching staff never had an option to cut back his minutes. His usage rate was too high. Kid never did anything off the court to be unlikable.
Frank is lucky JB is a lot more forgiving than others.
Cooney doesn’t deserve this comp.

For a guy who came in touted as a deadeye shooter Cooney had some the most awful shots I've ever seen.
Cooney never did anything to deserve all the criticism he received including some by yours truly. He always worked hard, hustled, and conducted himself with class. He was just given a role by the staff above his talent level.

That isn't true at all.
What could Cooney do that Frank can't do far better?

I've never known a Syracuse player to get more kid-gloves treatment by the majority of the fan base. Ah, he had an affable grandmother and he didn't humiliate himself in the classroom or in the community? Dynamite.

How soon they forget... Craig Forth got more undeserved abuse here than any player within my memory. He was our solid starting center for four years (including the 2003 NC team where his contributions were never properly appreciated). He's now a high school principal, but it took him nearly 10 years to return to SU ... because of the abuse he got from the fan base.

Last edited:

I've never known a Syracuse player to get more kid-gloves treatment by the majority of the fan base. Ah, he had an affable grandmother and he didn't humiliate himself in the classroom or in the community? Dynamite.
Trevor definitely protected the ball better, he was as good a defender, and a better shooter.

Just because frank has better athleticism it does not mean that he does everything better.

And that is not to mention attitude. Trevor had an impeccable attitude.

Cooney has a much better shot than Howard. Howard is allowed to shoot basically uncontested shots. Cooney was forced to shoot highly contested shots. Check their free throw shooting stats. who would you rather on the line at the end of games? How many blue chip games has Howard played against top tier teams? Cooney was a better defender at the top of the zone. Howard is getting better. Let's see where he ends up.

How soon they forget... Craig Forth got more undeserved abuse here than any player within my memory. He was our solid starting center for four years (including the 2003 NC team where his contributions were never properly appreciated). He's now a high school principal, but it took him nearly 10 years to return to SU ... because of the abuse he got from the fan base.

I used to cheer for him. Maybe he just needed a hug.

The "great Syracuse" fans love to beat up their own. Earlier today one of our great fans was defending the schedule that G-town has this year by knocking ours in the past. You won't see that on a g-town board.

The "great Syracuse" fans love to beat up their own. Earlier today one of our great fans was defending the schedule that G-town has this year by knocking ours in the past. You won't see that on a g-town board.

I think all teams fans do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom