Frank Anselem | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Anselem

Who was the last guy to average 10 rebounds a game here? Rick Jackson? Melo before him? Guy before that the 80s? Come on man…
Rak Christmas averaged 9.1 rebounds/game his senior season. Unlikely that Anselem has a chance to get close to that until he’s a junior or senior. I think you’re right that Rick Jackson was the last one to pull down 10+ rpg (10.3 as a senior). Tyler Roberson averaged 8.5 rpg as a junior, then regressed to 4.9 as a senior.

Last edited:
Wasn’t just talking about you. But you are contradicting yourself when you say he wasn’t buried on the bench after getting yanked just moments after getting into the game. He got one shot in most of those instances, and then was immediately buried on the bench again
Getting minutes - any minutes - in the first half of a close game is not buried on the bench.

BTW, we won all of these games.

You hear from me now. Hearing the same as you. Frank could be a rotation player. Has improved a lot.
We all know that Bourama's health is always a wildcard, but if he is healthy we will have a wonderful problem. Three centers that can all play. I would love for Frank to get conditional minutes as a forward when we need defense and rebounding.

If Frank is in the rotation the athleticism takes a nice jump for this year's team. Especially if he Benny and Symir are on the floor together should situation allow.

We will remember this thread for starting back up optimism and breaking hearts if untrue lol.

The idea of 3 long range nearly 7 footers would be awesome. That can change the defense a lot especially if it's legit depth.
not to mention how good it will be to have bench options when it comes to foul trouble

You hear from me now. Hearing the same as you. Frank could be a rotation player. Has improved a lot.

Not to ruin the Frankie thread but just curious on what the word is around Symir?

Not to ruin the Frankie thread but just curious on what the word is around Symir?
3-4 weeks ago there was a posting of a Cole Swider interview in which he was asked which players he thought were gonna impress people with their improvement (or something like that) & one of the players he mentioned was Symir. I think the other was...Frank? or Jesse?

Disappointed to hear that about Sidibe. Not confidence inspiring, given his history of injuries.

Disappointed that I wont be able to see Swider wearing Orange for the first time.

But great to hear about both Jesse / Frank. Suddenly, we've got ACC size...
Size matters

If this is true, we’ll be better than I thought, problem is we still need to get them the ball and they have to make up for the defensive issues we have at the top of the zone and I’m guessing corners this year. Whomever is in the middle has a ton of work to do.

If this is true, we’ll be better than I thought, problem is we still need to get them the ball and they have to make up for the defensive issues we have at the top of the zone and I’m guessing corners this year. Whomever is in the middle has a ton of work to do.

That and if we have Symir, Benny and Frank in the same lineup please let us press some.

Yes he is stubborn. He stubbornly follows his own counsel and didn't waver for a second last year. That's why we made the Sweet 16.

He did make some player adjustments, giving Alan's crunch time minutes to Robert. He did it because he trusted Robert's experience+shooting ability+height and he couldn't depend on Alan to make those plays underneath the basket. It was based on what he saw in practice and what he saw in the games.

Some of JB's critics insisted that he wasn't playing Jesse cuz he never intended to play Jesse the entire year, but there's zero evidence of that & JB of all people has seen his developing players improve markedly throughout the course of a season in practice performance alone.

The assumption that JB didn't play Jesse more early because "he's stupid" is just pure malign supposition. He's seen team after team, and player after player, improve over the course of a season, watching it as it happens in practice every day.

Kadary played better toward the end of the season, just like most of the other players were. More practice, more familiarity, better team play. The kinds of improvements that Jim Boeheim's accustomed to seeing from his teams every year, which is why he still finds coaching gratifying...
That’s called “faith,” not “fact.”

I distinctly remember Jesse playing very well in a game and then being put on ice for like 3 straight games because “he wasn’t ready” or something like that. You are telling me it was all part of some JB master plan?
He works in strange and mysterious ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom