Frank Howard Update... | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Update...

Translation:
  • He's 50/50 to play
  • If he plays, he'll probably be able to play in a reserve capacity / for limited minutes
  • He's still another week or two out from being able to shoulder a heavier load

Yikes. Got to get him back and keep him healthy.

Translation:
  • He's 50/50 to play
  • If he plays, he'll probably be able to play in a reserve capacity / for limited minutes
  • He's still another week or two out from being able to shoulder a heavier load

Its good for our rotation.

Tyus can stay at the 2. Jalen subs in for Frankie. Frankie distributes and hits a couple threes. Yukon can try to attack him but they'll have our 7-2 tree waiting on the block.

Great news if he plays even in a limited role.

Tyus can stay at the 2. Jalen subs in for Frankie. Frankie distributes and hits a couple threes. Yukon can try to attack him but they'll have our 7-2 tree waiting on the block.

Good post.

And I'll add that Frank will benefit [this game, and to a greater extent all year long] from having a couple of other guys out there who can handle the ball -- most notably, Hughes - with Battle / Brissett also being able to chip in.

If uconn wants to overplay Frank defensively, we should have 2-3 other guys out there who can push the ball upcourt to exploit a numbers advantage.

If nothing else it provides a safety net if Carey struggles to protect the ball against UConn's small, quick guards who are better players than Morehead's small, quick guards.

10 minutes from Frank would be huge. Gotta figure Tyus plays 36+ if it's close. Frank/Jalen/Washignton need to get us to ~30 from the PG spot. I expect Tyus to play some PG still.

Based on this do you think Buddy's playing time starts to rapidly drop off?

This is good news. Probably means Boeheim is a bit concerned and/or disappointed in the prospects and play without him. These will all be tough games coming up. UB and Ohio St will be tough as well.

This is good news. Probably means Boeheim is a bit concerned and/or disappointed in the prospects and play without him. These will all be tough games coming up. UB and Ohio St will be tough as well.

ODU was really good last year too. I believe they returned their top 3 players. I live down the road from them and was hoping Syracuse would make the trip.

What's wrong with Howard Washington?

Sustained a catastrophic knee injury last year, he's just at the point where he's approaching getting back to full mobility / being fully cleared to play now.

Agree, except I would expect Jalen to start, and Frank to sub him. Unless he's healthier than we've been led to believe.

Agree, except I would expect Jalen to start, and Frank to sub him. Unless he's healthier than we've been led to believe.
This strikes me as the least likely possibility.

If Frank can play, he will start.

If Frank can't play, he won't come off the bench. And I'd bet the starting backcourt remains Tyus and Buddy.

Frank's self-assessment will be meaningful. JB would never over-ride medical staff but he is a hard-ass when it comes to sucking it up and playing. For example, he typically leaves players in who have been roughed up. I expect Frank to get some PT. How much will depend on how he does and how he feels. JB plays to win every game like it is his last. GMac started when he could hardly walk. The UCon board has my permission to go into a tizzy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom