Frank's Cryptic Tweet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Frank's Cryptic Tweet

Of course it's Jim. This is absolutely a reflection on him and his program. I said it earlier this year (quite a bit) that the trajectory of this program is not good. Don't let a 6-8 game distract you from what is really happening with this team.
6 to 8 games when it really counts , you mean?

7.jpg

6 to 8 games when it really counts , you mean?
Oh, they absolutely count but so do the games in November and December. You feel comfortable being on the bubble each year? Cuse was just a couple more "bid stealers" (which is out of their control) from being in the NIT. You handle business earlier in the season and this isn't an issue. Winning at Rutgers, not blowing the lead vs Pitt, winning at UNC are all examples of games that very easily could have gone our way that keep you off the bubble. It leaves way too much to chance. Let's say Cuse vs. Clemson doesn't get tacked on at the end of the year. How you feeling about the chances to make the tourney?

There have always been the kids who think they deserve more floor time. Some would leave and sit out a year. Combine that with the new transfer rules and it is no shock that more leave. Think about all the players who didn't get much time early and then started later. Maybe they would have left too if there were no transfer penalty.

However, I will say the track record for SU leavers has really not been good. Most don't do much in other places. We have seen maybe a handful over the years. In addition, kids are less likely to accept criticism that in the past. If you are truly good, you play.

Based on??
Based on it always does. SU isn’t the only team that is losing some quality players to the portal. It is happening almost everywhere this year. People need to relax and see how it ends. This was a tuff year for everyone, especially for 19 year olds with options. The grass is always greener on the other side at that age.

There have always been the kids who think they deserve more floor time. Some would leave and sit out a year. Combine that with the new transfer rules and it is no shock that more leave. Think about all the players who didn't get much time early and then started later. Maybe they would have left too if there were no transfer penalty.

However, I will say the track record for SU leavers has really not been good. Most don't do much in other places. We have seen maybe a handful over the years. In addition, kids are less likely to accept criticism that in the past. If you are truly good, you play.
Phew. Glad the better player is on the roster.

This roster is looking at losing, at least, 8 players with 1 incoming freshman. But hey, Jim knows what he's doing...

I will bet the farm we have many more than 1 come in when all is said and done. Some will be hits and others will be misses. Let’s hope we hit more than we miss.

I will bet the farm we have many more than 1 come in when all is said and done. Some will be hits and others will be misses. Let’s hope we hit more than we miss.
This roster just lost it's, arguably, most talented player. You don't just replace that when you don't have minutes to give a transfer. There is a very realistic scenario where 8 guys leave. You have 1 incoming Freshman. You think we are going to see 7 guys come in that will be major contributors?? Sorry, but this is a bad bad look.

This roster just lost it's, arguably, most talented player. You don't just replace that when you don't have minutes to give a transfer. There is a very realistic scenario where 8 guys leave. You have 1 incoming Freshman. You think we are going to see 7 guys come in that will be major contributors?? Sorry, but this is a bad bad look.

I think we’ll be fine when it’s all said and done. As usual in this I need answers now world everyone is freaking out. Let the dust settle before the freak out commences.

I think we’ll be fine when it’s all said and done. As usual in this I need answers now world everyone is freaking out. Let the dust settle before the freak out commences.
You are way more optimistic than I am. I don't see anything that's going on as a positive. I understand that kids are transferring all over the country, but a lot of those are kids that get no time and will be going to lower programs. Cuse just lost a top 100 recruit coming off a productive Frosh season. That is a bad omen.

You capped off your paragraph by saying when guys leave they don’t do well, and finished it with the better players play. Kadary is better than Joe and it’s not even close.
Right.. Most guys that leave don't do much after. 80%+ of them. In the end, the best players play the most. This was one year. I am not saying Richmond should not have started. I think he's better than Girard...but I also think Girard is good enough to share time with the other 2 guards.

Last edited:
whatever, doom is always around the corner in the Charlie Brown world the board lives in. I’m Sue it was predicted on day one all bout the unknown dominoes falling. JB is to old, Buddy only starts because of his last name, Joe Girard is a secret GTown plant, Jesse Edward’s should have started last year and Hop should be the Head Coach. I’ll enjoy the sweet Sixteen that used to be an accomplishment instead of a reason to hate, as if that’s needed

Will we have enough scholarship kids not named Boeheim to open up next year? This is getting crazy. I'd love to know why they are leaving. Is it Boeheim? Is this the norm this year in college basketball? Hope Wildhack is conducting exit interviews with these kids. I assume it's nothing to do with JB but if there is something wrong at the school, let's find out so we can fix it.
The sport administrator does exit interviews with the players.

Wondering if everyone is leaving except buddy and girard (and Jesse)
starting 5 next year:
jimmy, jesse, jg3, juli, jim sr

Buddy as 6th man after finally caving to public pressure to not play favorites.

Also interesting that he will attempt to institute another new rule onto his many other player restrictions: starters names must start with the letter J.

gonna be great on the boards

Last edited:
You are way more optimistic than I am. I don't see anything that's going on as a positive. I understand that kids are transferring all over the country, but a lot of those are kids that get no time and will be going to lower programs. Cuse just lost a top 100 recruit coming off a productive Frosh season. That is a bad omen.
There are 5 star recruits and all conference players transferring at other schools. Does Kadary transferring hurt? Yes. It’s hard for me to get worked up based on what the roster looks like on March 30th in a year with a record number of kids leaving their programs. If we lose 8 players and Benny is the only new arrival, then I will panic. Until then, I’ll just say it sucks and watch things play out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom