Frank's Cryptic Tweet | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Frank's Cryptic Tweet

Will we have enough scholarship kids not named Boeheim to open up next year? This is getting crazy. I'd love to know why they are leaving. Is it Boeheim? Is this the norm this year in college basketball? Hope Wildhack is conducting exit interviews with these kids. I assume it's nothing to do with JB but if there is something wrong at the school, let's find out so we can fix it.
Deactivate JB key card . That’s only way this gets fixed

And everyone was thrilled with Joe last year. Kadary proved he is a potential lottery pick of course were pissed. Are you glad. Whats your point.
My point is pretty obvious. the board is all over the place. Our recruits suck one year and we can't live without them the next. And Kadary is not going to a lottery pick.

My point is pretty obvious. the board is all over the place. Our recruits suck one year and we can't live without them the next. And Kadary is not going to a lottery pick.

I am certainly not going to defend the post to which you are responding.
But I don’t think there’s quite the tension here you are suggesting. The recruitings been bad for several years. Now the team is losing one of the few recruiting hits. If the recruiting was great that would not be that big a deal. (Jonny Flynn, paul Harris and Eric devendorf all leaving early in 2009 was fine because there was a lot of other talent there! This is not that.)

Your post is kind of silly because if we recruited better losing one player wouldn't be a big deal. The fact that there is a meltdown over what happened today should tell you something.

Your post is kind of silly because if we recruited better losing one player wouldn't be a big deal. The fact that there is a meltdown over what happened today should tell you something.
I am waiting to hear all of the great players that jb ran out of here. That is what you said. Now back it up

I am waiting to hear all of the great players that jb ran out of here. That is what you said. Now back it up
He just ran off one today and we still have 3 hours left in the day.

It's obvious that it is a problem with the cuse program and not just a better opportunity. It's all about how things are said. There was no "thank you coaches and staff" or any thing that points to these players thinking of cuse in a positive light. Instead, we get "the dominoes have begun to fall". A statement like that is directed at a problem, not a place you are leaving for a better opportunity. Vindictive undertones, rather than excitement for the future.

Will we have enough scholarship kids not named Boeheim to open up next year? This is getting crazy. I'd love to know why they are leaving. Is it Boeheim? Is this the norm this year in college basketball? Hope Wildhack is conducting exit interviews with these kids. I assume it's nothing to do with JB but if there is something wrong at the school, let's find out so we can fix it.
About a week ago I saw an article that indicated that 75 division 1 schools had 5 or more players in the transfer portal. That was before the tournament started. It's a mixture.

Last edited:
It's obvious that it is a problem with the cuse program and not just a better opportunity. It's all about how things are said. There was no "thank you coaches and staff" or any thing that points to these players thinking of cuse in a positive light. Instead, we get "the dominoes have begun to fall". A statement like that is directed at a problem, not a place you are leaving for a better opportunity. Vindictive undertones, rather than excitement for the future.

Great point. I'm starting to think that national media JB = recruiting JB, local media JB = coaching JB, and student media JB = coaching a kid in the doghouse JB.

No one was happy last year with the recruiting class of Frank and Kadary. No one. All that was talked about was how we can't get top recruits anymore. Now, losing these guys is the end of the world.
Hmm, disagree. I think lots of people, myself included, thought it was a good foundational class. We knew Kadary was underrated and gonna be the real deal. And lots of people loved Woody and Frank’s upside.

It sounds like Frank is following the lead of Kadary and Woody. Too bad. I know he is a young kid but it would be good for him to think for himself in this case. What an opportunity he could have at Syracuse. He doesn’t have to look much further than to Jesse to see how a guy can improve under the program. The minutes are available and right in front of him. It was always the plan for him to basically red shirt this year. I’m surprised some of his advisors haven’t said this to him. Maybe they have.

No one was happy last year with the recruiting class of Frank and Kadary. No one. All that was talked about was how we can't get top recruits anymore. Now, losing these guys is the end of the world.

Actually I was.

It sounds like Frank is following the lead of Kadary and Woody. Too bad. I know he is a young kid but it would be good for him to think for himself in this case. What an opportunity he could have at Syracuse. He doesn’t have to look much further than to Jesse to see how a guy can improve under the program. The minutes are available and right in front of him. It was always the plan for him to basically red shirt this year. I’m surprised some of his advisors haven’t said this to him. Maybe they have.

That's certainly the glass half full way of looking at Jesse's situation. To play devil's advocate, do we really want Frank to analyze how Jesse was handled? Let's review, Jesse hears how he's not "ready" for most of the season. Then by chance, JB is forced to play him, he does pretty well. Jesse then disappears on the bench again. We don't see him until we are desperate during UNC 2 because their bigs are playing volleyball out there. Jesse gets another chance and does really well. Fast forward, he's giving us mostly solid minutes (West Virginia was a little rough) and in the last game of the season, he anchors a comeback from a 10pt deficit, only to get parked back on the bench again as he watches Houston replenish their lead. The fact he didn't start the 2nd half of that game still blows me away. Is Jesse's season supposed to inspire Frank?

I hate being so pessimistic, but I also don't find it unreasonable if Frank is seeing Jesse has in fact cemented the starting spot and the likelihood of someone coming in (i.e. Jimmy Jr) may be the favorite for back up center minutes (I circle back to the "he's not ready" treatment).

I hope Frank says screw all that and comes back to rise above the competition, but kids don't see college that way anymore and even if he does, will he get a fair shake? They want to stay for 1-2 years and get to the league. He's already spent 1 year and probably doesn't want to chance wasting a 2nd year on experiencing his own version of Jesse's season I laid out above.

Last edited:
I agree that there was a lot of negativity. I think my biggest issue was that I thought we might be turning the corner. I like Kadary and Woody. I also thought Q was going to develop into a solid player. That is the frustrating thing for me. If we had Buddy and Kadary in the backcourt with our forwards and an improved Edwards I thought the team could be good next year and we could build on that. I don't understand why Joe was allowed to heat check from 32 feet and play awful on both ends and Kadary wasn't given even more minutes and named the started. I don't understand Braswell didn't play more minutes earlier or Woody get some run in streaches. I don't understand why Jesse didn't play more with Marek at the wing. It makes no sense to me and I don't blame most of these kids for leaving.

Has it been confirmed that Frank is leaving or we just think is he gonna portal it?

I am not saying this has real meaning but it is interesting to me. For the hell of it, I decided to look at minutes for the last 10 games. I just selected 10 randomly.

I found Girard played an average of 24 minutes per game and Richmond 21.
For the 6 games won in that span, Joe had an avg. of 24, Kadary 19.
For the 4 games we lost in that span, Joe had an avg. of 23, Kadary 24.

So Joe played 3 more min per game in 6 games we won and Kadary played 1 more min per game in 4 games we lost during that span.

I am not drawing any conclusion based on this because there are many, many factors in play that are not shown in these stats. This is also the case for stats I have seen in Twitter. Too many factors to pick just a few stats and draw a conclusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom