Frank's Cryptic Tweet | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Frank's Cryptic Tweet

Will we have enough scholarship kids not named Boeheim to open up next year? This is getting crazy. I'd love to know why they are leaving. Is it Boeheim? Is this the norm this year in college basketball? Hope Wildhack is conducting exit interviews with these kids. I assume it's nothing to do with JB but if there is something wrong at the school, let's find out so we can fix it.
Maybe JB can get his daughter to play also?

How many will it take before ADJW realizes that the coaching staff and JB must shoulder the lion's share of the blame here?
How do you know he hasn’t. He is not going to fire Boeheim now nor is he going to make a statement at this point.

As usual our fans are overreacting. Shock, shock. Let them go. Everything will work itself out.
Thats a bad take. Putting kids down publicly. Favoritism or stubbornness isnt the way to lead especially during a covid year. Landing Frank and Kadary and now losing them is on the staff.

Fed EX will have to put a few more trucks on the road to deliver envelopes.

Thats a bad take. Putting kids down publicly. Favoritism or stubbornness isnt the way to lead especially during a covid year. Landing Frank and Kadary and now losing them is on the staff.
No one was happy last year with the recruiting class of Frank and Kadary. No one. All that was talked about was how we can't get top recruits anymore. Now, losing these guys is the end of the world.

Right.. Most guys that leave don't do much after. 80% of them. In the end, the best players play the most. This was one year. I am not saying Richmond should not have started. I think he's better than Girard...but I also think Girard is good enough to share time with the other 2 guards.

I honestly think it's more than 80% that don't do much. In the last 20 years, the number of guys that transferred from Syracuse that did anything even mildly notable after could be counted on one hand (I could even make the argument you could count them on one finger: BJ Johnson).

No one was happy last year with the recruiting class of Frank and Kadary. No one. All that was talked about was how we can't get top recruits anymore. Now, losing these guys is the end of the world.
And Woody right?

But that's the rub... Richmond has shown to be much better than I think most figured. Which is what you want to have. You want those guys who turn out better than you think. That does not mean they are overall better than the best guys who under perform their "rankings", but of all of the possible variations, having a guy surprise people is near the top.

I honestly think it's more than 80% that don't do much. In the last 20 years, the number of guys that transferred from Syracuse that did anything even mildly notable after could be counted on one hand (I could even make the argument you could count them on one finger: BJ Johnson).
I was being conservative :)

You forgot about George Papadakis

Who put kids down?

Of course it's Jim. This is absolutely a reflection on him and his program. I said it earlier this year (quite a bit) that the trajectory of this program is not good. Don't let a 6-8 game distract you from what is really happening with this team.
Love the idea of ignoring when a coaching staff takes a team to great improvements during the course of the year. I would not want to consider that either if I had tunnel vision along with a ridiculously high opinion of my opinions. Just how many other coaches got their teams to the sweet 16? I said it earlier in the year there would only be 16 coaches able to do that. How does that reflection of JB twist your logic? Well I may not have actually said that but I am sure you get my drift here. Don't let that distract you though. Sweet 16. Wonder how many other schools and coaches would like that trajectory. Outside of you I mean. JB's team show remarkable improvement most every year.
Oh, they absolutely count but so do the games in November and December. You feel comfortable being on the bubble each year? Cuse was just a couple more "bid stealers" (which is out of their control) from being in the NIT. You handle business earlier in the season and this isn't an issue. Winning at Rutgers, not blowing the lead vs Pitt, winning at UNC are all examples of games that very easily could have gone our way that keep you off the bubble. It leaves way too much to chance. Let's say Cuse vs. Clemson doesn't get tacked on at the end of the year. How you feeling about the chances to make the tourney?
Trajectory this. Sweet 16. I am guessing there are no more than 16 coaches who makes the sweet 16. But lets ignore that for your sake though.

And everyone was thrilled with Joe last year. Kadary proved he is a potential lottery pick of course were pissed. Are you glad. Whats your point.

Seriously? Like two hours ago you got on me for bashing recruiting.

Based on it always does. SU isn’t the only team that is losing some quality players to the portal. It is happening almost everywhere this year. People need to relax and see how it ends. This was a tuff year for everyone, especially for 19 year olds with options. The grass is always greener on the other side at that age.
The concern is after how JB treated AG we may not get any transfers other than Jimmy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom