Frank's Cryptic Tweet | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Frank's Cryptic Tweet

So you are saying Joe is equal or better than Kadary?

Also, keep in mind this is the 4th guard to leave basically over the same situation. The other 3 may have been less talented than Kadary, but this speaks to JB’s inability to manage a roster and his clear and blatant favoritism.
I know all the facts. I think overall Kadary is better but he is not the first round NBA draft pick that posters here are implying. He had some good games and not so good games. I think Joe is good too...and will be better next year. Jim wants to win so he chooses players for the situation. While I may or may not agree with all of his decisions, I can't claim he is "wrong" or mismanaged things. Turns out Kadary was a bit fragile about not starting. I am not sure I like that. He probably would have started next year but he probably had people in his ear about it. It's not unusual. The other guards who left really didn't play much. Not sure they should have played much at that stage of their careers. Did they go on to light things up in their new schools? What caliber are those new schools? I am happy with our new pickup and think given chemistry, mix, attitude and even talent, the team may be better off. Time will tell but I am not buying that this is cut and dry.

Last edited:
I know all the facts. I think overall Kadary is better but he is not the first round NBA draft pick that posters her are implying. He had some good games and not so good games. I think Joe is good too...and will be better next year. Jim wants to win so he chooses players for the situation. While I may or may not agree with all of his decisions, I can't claim he is "wrong" or mismanaged things. Turns out Kadary was a bit fragile about not starting. I am not sure I like that. He probably would have started next year but he probably had people in his ear about it. It's not unusual. The other guards who left really didn't play much. Not sure they should have played much at that stage of their careers. Did they go on to light things up in their new schools? What caliber are those new schools? I am happy with our new pickup and think given chemistry, mix, attitude and even talent, the team may be better off. Time will tell but I am not buying that this is cut and dry.
How exactly will Joe be better next year? Will he grow? Will he decide to play every defensive sequence? Will he stop taking ridiculous heat checks? Will he finally learn how to pass to bigs on the block? Will he improve his handle sufficiently to get by average defenders? Will he stop challenging bigs a foot taller than him who easily block his shots?

If Joe learns his role, he can absolutely contribute. But his physical limitations, combined with a lifetime of being ‘the guy’ makes me less than confident.

How exactly will Joe be better next year? Will he grow? Will he decide to play every defensive sequence? Will he stop taking ridiculous heat checks? Will he finally learn how to pass to bigs on the block? Will he improve his handle sufficiently to get by average defenders? Will he stop challenging bigs a foot taller than him who easily block his shots?

If Joe learns his role, he can absolutely contribute. But his physical limitations, combined with a lifetime of being ‘the guy’ makes me less than confident.
  • I think with Joe, Covid was a factor and his stamina improved toward the end
  • He will be rid of Covid
  • He is really a shooting guard so has been playing out of position. He may end up being backup at point and shooting guard.
  • I think he is a good player and better than this year's stats.
It's just an opinion. I have been around as an SU fan since the early 70s. I have heard the "sky is falling" cries many times. I have learned that the sky has not fallen. Will it? Maybe, but the odds are against it.

• I think with Joe, Covid was a factor and his stamina improved toward the end
  • He will be rid of Covid
  • He is really a shooting guard so has been playing out of position. He may end up being backup at point and shooting guard.
  • I think he is a good player and better than this year's stats.
It's just an opinion. I have been around as an SU fan since the early 70s. I have heard the "sky is falling" cries many times. I have learned that the sky has not fallen. Will it? Maybe, but the odds are against it.
These things could all be true, but we just lost the best PG we had on the team and replaced him, so far, with another combo guard (although Symir appears to have played more PG than guys like Frank Howard). So, unless we get someone significant, then we are stuck with Joe at PG, and that's not his best role. For all the reasons I stated. And don't get me started on Benny being a point forward. I ain't believing in another transfer or incoming recruit living up to their hype again.

These things could all be true, but we just lost the best PG we had on the team and replaced him, so far, with another combo guard (although Symir appears to have played more PG than guys like Frank Howard). So, unless we get someone significant, then we are stuck with Joe at PG, and that's not his best role. For all the reasons I stated. And don't get me started on Benny being a point forward. I ain't believing in another transfer or incoming recruit living up to their hype again.
Kadary was listed as a Combo, Shooting Guard and Small forward by scouts before entering college. I think Torrence was recruited from the portal as a PG. I agree Joe is more of a combo which is why I think he will play multiple roles... because he can.

The Kadary recruitment was strange. It was basically Andre Jackson is coming here and then at the end he goes to yukon because he wants his family to travel to multiple games among other reasons. Until the very end though it seemed like a forgone conclusion he came here. We then pivoted to Kadary and he committed really quickly. I feel the general thought was it could help with roster balance the way our guards and forwards were and he seemed like he had some upside. Then all of the sudden he moved up about 15-20 spots in the rankings and had a really good stretch and people thought we could have a diamond in the rough possibly. I feel like the expectations going into the season still weren't that he would be as good as he turned out to be. That is dashers point I think. People were more concerned that we lost Andre to yukon intially than Kadary and similarly people are more concerned about Kadary now before they even know what we will pivot to. Going into the season no one thought that Kadary was going to be great and were just hoping he could spell Girard for stretches and now they are acting like we just lost a once in a generation player.
Not so. JB and those who saw him mentioned he was turning heads.

Does Frank Anselem and his connections think he is going to get a better spot than a center at Syracuse and vying with Jesse for playing time at some other high profile program? He's looking at a lot of playing time.

Ennis went in the first round of the NBA draft after his freshman year. I would say that is all acc potential.

Is Frank leaving of staying ? Yes or No ?

No to both

Stop with the games. First you are not someone with inside information that usually posts it. Second if your going to act smart answer the question. What is Frank status what is he going to do leave or stay ? Say leave or stay.

Stop with the games. First you are not someone with inside information that usually posts it. Second if your going to act smart answer the question. What is Frank status what is he going to do leave or stay ? Say leave or stay.
Here’s an answer, he’ll do one or the other and we will all find out eventually .

Announcement coming soon.

Hold Please, we will be with you in just a moment...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom