Frank's Cryptic Tweet | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Frank's Cryptic Tweet

I am not saying this has real meaning but it is interesting to me. For the hell of it, I decided to look at minutes for the last 10 games. I just selected 10 randomly.

I found Girard played an average of 24 minutes per game and Richmond 21.
For the 6 games won in that span, Joe had an avg. of 24, Kadary 19.
For the 4 games we lost in that span, Joe had an avg. of 23, Kadary 24.

So Joe played 3 more min per game in 6 games we won and Kadary played 1 more min per game in 4 games we lost during that span.

I am not drawing any conclusion based on this because there are many, many factors in play that are not shown in these stats. This is also the case for stats I have seen in Twitter. Too many factors to pick just a few stats and draw a conclusion.
You're right about that.

About a week ago I saw an article that indicated that 75 division 1 schools had 5 or more players in the transfer portal. That was before the tournament started. It's a mixture.
If Frank and Woody end up leaving I think we’re the highest of any P5 team that doesn’t have a coaching change.

Great point. I'm starting to think that national media JB = recruiting JB, local media JB = coaching JB, and student media JB = coaching a kid in the doghouse JB.
The National media doesn't follow the team all season. They dont realize the struggles we have had in the Acc. They probably don't even realize 3 guys are transferring. They see jb once again makes a big run in the tourney and have him on and do a fluff piece.

Still no word from Anselem? If the theory that he was supposed to leave today and Newton tomorrow is correct, then perhaps the coaching staff is making a last minute pitch to keep FA here. Maybe his parents are advising him to stay as well. He does seem like the one guy who could change his mind. (Although I don’t know who said what on IG last night.)

My point is pretty obvious. the board is all over the place. Our recruits suck one year and we can't live without them the next. And Kadary is not going to a lottery pick.
WOW, now he’s a lottery pick. Why not just tell Magic to slide over , Kadary is here. Sorry meant to reply to the previous quote not yours.

Still no word from Anselem? If the theory that he was supposed to leave today and Newton tomorrow is correct, then perhaps the coaching staff is making a last minute pitch to keep FA here. Maybe his parents are advising him to stay as well. He does seem like the one guy who could change his mind. (Although I don’t know who said what on IG last night.)
He's hardly even played any basketball and he thinks he's going to get a big look in the portal. I bet they, F&W, thought Kadary was going to get a huge offer list.

Where was that theory? I must have missed it haha

The National media doesn't follow the team all season. They dont realize the struggles we have had in the Acc. They probably don't even realize 3 guys are transferring. They see jb once again makes a big run in the tourney and have him on and do a fluff piece.
What I'm saying is that I'm wondering if the way JB acts with the national media (friendly) is how he is with recruits, if how he is with local media is how he is with most players, and how he is with student media is how he is with the guys in the doghouse.

There is a bond among big men - maybe Jesse will convince Frank to stay, and they can both improve together.

My point is pretty obvious. the board is all over the place. Our recruits suck one year and we can't live without them the next. And Kadary is not going to a lottery pick.
I think this is an unfair statement, it’s clear our recruiting has slumped quite a bit recently, but in the case of Kadary I remember people being excited when he signed even though he was under recruited and he’s pretty much the main guy people are upset that’s leaving.

Is there anyone on the board really saying we can’t live without Braswell, JBA, Frank, etc cause I sure don’t see it. Sure it stinks we are losing them but it’s not the end of the world cause they aren’t world beaters which is a reflection of our recruiting.

I think this is an unfair statement, it’s clear our recruiting has slumped quite a bit recently, but in the case of Kadary I remember people being excited when he signed even though he was under recruited and he’s pretty much the main guy people are upset that’s leaving.

Is there anyone on the board really saying we can’t live without Braswell, JBA, Frank, etc cause I sure don’t see it. Sure it stinks we are losing them but it’s not the end of the world cause they aren’t world beaters which is a reflection of our recruiting.
The Kadary recruitment was strange. It was basically Andre Jackson is coming here and then at the end he goes to yukon because he wants his family to travel to multiple games among other reasons. Until the very end though it seemed like a forgone conclusion he came here. We then pivoted to Kadary and he committed really quickly. I feel the general thought was it could help with roster balance the way our guards and forwards were and he seemed like he had some upside. Then all of the sudden he moved up about 15-20 spots in the rankings and had a really good stretch and people thought we could have a diamond in the rough possibly. I feel like the expectations going into the season still weren't that he would be as good as he turned out to be. That is dashers point I think. People were more concerned that we lost Andre to yukon intially than Kadary and similarly people are more concerned about Kadary now before they even know what we will pivot to. Going into the season no one thought that Kadary was going to be great and were just hoping he could spell Girard for stretches and now they are acting like we just lost a once in a generation player.

The Kadary recruitment was strange. It was basically Andre Jackson is coming here and then at the end he goes to yukon because he wants his family to travel to multiple games among other reasons. Until the very end though it seemed like a forgone conclusion he came here. We then pivoted to Kadary and he committed really quickly. I feel the general thought was it could help with roster balance the way our guards and forwards were and he seemed like he had some upside. Then all of the sudden he moved up about 15-20 spots in the rankings and had a really good stretch and people thought we could have a diamond in the rough possibly. I feel like the expectations going into the season still weren't that he would be as good as he turned out to be. That is dashers point I think. People were more concerned that we lost Andre to yukon intially than Kadary and similarly people are more concerned about Kadary now before they even know what we will pivot to. Going into the season no one thought that Kadary was going to be great and were just hoping he could spell Girard for stretches and now they are acting like we just lost a once in a generation player.
I think that’s a fair assessment but the way it was said made it seem like people on the board were flipping out about every transfer being a can’t lose which is definitely not the case.

What I'm saying is that I'm wondering if the way JB acts with the national media (friendly) is how he is with recruits, if how he is with local media is how he is with most players, and how he is with student media is how he is with the guys in the doghouse.
Well why didn't you say that in the first place! ;)

Good recap. I think we lost a 1 in 5 year player and the best PG since MCW with the potential to be even better. It's a big loss and justifiable to be upset about no matter what the expectations were coming in. His talent was very obvious very early.

People are mad at the Kadary situation because everyone can see his talent, as exhibited over the past season. We didn’t have that level of knowledge a year ago.

This is also the 4th guard that has transferred in the past year. When we only have two guards, both of which are not All Americans, that’s an alarming trend.

People are mad at the Kadary situation because everyone can see his talent, as exhibited over the past season. We didn’t have that level of knowledge a year ago.

This is also the 4th guard that has transferred in the past year. When we only have two guards, both of which are not All Americans, that’s an alarming trend.
Did we lose All Americans or somethin?

JB committed to the less talented player at PG. Thats everyone’s problem.
Nah, we had a guy who got plenty of minutes (basically split time with Girard) who wanted to start and so he left. Kadary was good... and a great athlete. He has a lot of potential. However, worrying so much about starting in his freshman year that he left probably means he was not a good fit. We'll see how he ends up but the odds are not great for him despite his natural abilities.

Nah, we had a guy who got plenty of minutes (basically split time with Girard) who wanted to start and so he left. Kadary was good... and a great athlete. He has a lot of potential. However, worrying so much about starting in his freshman year that he left probably means he was not a good fit. We'll see how he ends up but the odds are not great for him despite his natural abilities.
So you are saying Joe is equal or better than Kadary?

Also, keep in mind this is the 4th guard to leave basically over the same situation. The other 3 may have been less talented than Kadary, but this speaks to JB’s inability to manage a roster and his clear and blatant favoritism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom