FSU Game Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Game Thread

look at the perception of BC right now, and look at us. This stuff matters.

What's the perception? My perception is an average team that just went to six and four today but i dont perceive much else. Maybe that Addazio is a good coach?

What else is there I mean really they were 5-4 this morning just like us.

Based on what. Give us tangible evidence of this "perception" you keep pointing to.

are you serious? look at the national media applauding Addazzio. They get mentioned all the time for a program on the rise.

Herby posted this earlier

Kirk Herbstreit ‏@KirkHerbstreit2h
BC quietly having a solid yr for Steve Addazio in his 1st yr. Andre Williams leads nation in rushing & Eagles have a shot at winning 8 gms!

Kirk Herbstreit ‏@KirkHerbstreit8m
FSU is ridiculous. Up 59-0 vs Syr. But, it's HOW they beat these inferior tms that makes them deserving of a top 2 ranking!

how's that, hope that's tangible enough? mind you we have the same record but BC is having a solid year, but Cuse is inferior

Most people's perception is that the ACC sucks this year, outside of FSU and Clemson. That's all most care about.

We need to compete with good teams, for "perception" to be positive. Getting tagged by 30-60 multiple times on TV absolutely matters towards perception.

FSU's third stringers are better than any of our starters. Just incredible How talented they are.

are you serious? look at the national media applauding Addazzio. They get mentioned all the time for a program on the rise.

BC quietly having a solid yr for Steve Addazio in his 1st yr. Andre Williams leads nation in rushing & Eagles have a shot at winning 8 gms!

FSU is ridiculous. Up 59-0 vs Syr. But, it's HOW they beat these inferior tms that makes them deserving of a top 2 ranking!

how's that, hope that's tangible enough? mind you we have the same record but BC is having a solid year, but Cuse is inferior

Just to clarify...your tangible evidence of national "perception" is a TWEET.

how's that? mind you we have the same record but BC is having a solid year, but Cuse is inferior

Syracuse isn't alone here. FSU has scored 41 plus points in every game this season. They've routed Miami and Clemson.

But we are inferior to FSU... by a whole hell of a lot. That doesn't mean we aren't having a solid year either, just that we aren't remotely close to the team laying a smackdown on us today.

Just to clarify...your tangible evidence of national "perception" is a TWEET.

ya it's a tweet from the host of the most popular college football show on television. every football fan in the country listens to them, and follows them on twitter, so yes i do think that means something, and i can't see how you wouldn't see that?

But we are inferior to FSU... by a whole hell of a lot. That doesn't mean we aren't having a solid year either, just that we aren't remotely close to the team laying a smackdown on us today.

ok so nationally you think the perception of Syracuse is just as great as BC?

The freaking commentator of our gamee just called our head coach Steve Shafer in the 4th quarter of our game

ya it's a tweet from the host of the most popular college football show on television. every football fan in the country listens to them, and follows them on twitter, so yes i do think that means something, and i can't see how you wouldn't see that?

Only 400,000 college football fans in the country I guess...cause that's how many followers he has.

Only 400,000 college football fans in the country I guess...cause that's how many followers he has.

ya and it has been retweeted 575 times to million of other followers so my point is the message got out

ya and it has been retweeted 575 times to million of other followers so my point is the message got out

Could you pull a tweet from the weekend BC lost to North Carolina? What was the perception of the nation then?

ok so nationally you think the perception of Syracuse is just as great as BC?

The freaking commentator of our gamee just called our head coach Steve Shafer in the 4th quarter of our game

I think nationally nobody really gives a about BC or Syracuse. And nobody gave a crap that Gt got routed Thursday night or that Maryland got routed a month ago or that Miss State will get routed tonight.

On the board. Yee-haw!

How many more wounded warriors before this game is over? :bang:

I think nationally nobody really gives a about BC or Syracuse. And nobody gave a crap that Gt got routed Thursday night or that Maryland got routed a month ago or that Miss State will get routed tonight.

exactly. nobody gives a about either of the program, but it's baby steps. it's slowly building back up your brand. this isn't little picture stuff, this is big picture. neither of us are going to change anybodys perception over night, but slowly building it back up like BC has is the way to future success. getting hammered by 50+ several times a year is doing the opposite

obviously you don't get it

Does this mean you weren't monitoring "national perception" rankings on that weekend?
Why that weekend vs this weekend?

Does this mean you weren't monitoring "national perception" rankings on that weekend?
Why that weekend vs this weekend?

if you don't get it i'm not spelling it out for you

exactly. nobody gives a about either of the program, but it's baby steps. it's slowly building back up your brand. this isn't little picture stuff, this is big picture. neither of us are going to change anybodys perception over night, but slowly building it back up like BC has is the way to future success. getting hammered by 50+ several times a year is doing the opposite

Look man I don't care if we lose by 50 or 5. I said as much earlier today. To me a loss is a loss. i only care when were 1-10.

And every season is different. We were bc last year. Maybe next year bc is 3-9, who the hell knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom