Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 112 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Loved getting jet propelled out of the Dome. Always put a smile on my face, even after a loss.
Was pretty cool, to be perfectly honest didn’t make a dent after a loss.

Am I crazy, or have they not opened the emergency doors in the Dome for a year or two? Seems like they quit doing that, or at least cut it way back.
No, you’re crazy. Still happens.

I keep trying to convince myself that the aesthetics of this roof choice/design isn't that unappealing...but that's about as successful for me as the 'ol uni numeral fonts. :(
They might add some aesthetic improvements. But hey, if they're saving costs here so they can expand the concourses they could do whatever the F they want to the roof. :)

Just heard on Channel 9 that the giant crane will be arriving sometime early tomorrow morning. When assembled (which will take weeks), it was reported that the assembly “will tower hundreds of feet above the Dome”.

Those steel "X" braces are new, no?

Yeah, I'm fairly certain they are. Here's an old pic:

Those steel "X" braces are new, no?

Yep, this is the first corner, but all four corners have had holes drilled to fasten the steel (along with big holes cut into the ring to connect to the trusses above the current roofline.

The crane mat is in place next to the Dome (where the hillside used to be). And the crane pieces are big - stacked two high, they come up to the third-story window on Baker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom