Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I have been critical of some of the new buildings on campus but I wanted to give credit when it is due.

This building looks really cool. I think the architect did a great job. Even integrates well with the surrounding buildings. Props to whoever is responsible!

It lines up pretty well with all the new buildings on South Crouse from the hill down to Erie. It's a big improvement. And a lovely building in its own right.

(That lack of trees though...)

I have been critical of some of the new buildings on campus but I wanted to give credit when it is due.

This building looks really cool. I think the architect did a great job. Even integrates well with the surrounding buildings. Props to whoever is responsible!
It’s a nice modern building but I have always favored the old architectural look on the outside. I feel it is classic and just speaks to the history of the university.

It’s a nice modern building but I have always favored the old architectural look on the outside. I feel it is classic and just speaks to the history of the university.
I am normally old school too but you have Newhouse right next to it, with that new addition that is very progressive. You have the Old Row filled with traditional college architecture, you have the Newhouse Complex that is modern looking and then this building, which is uber modern looking.

You can't design buildings in a vacuum. They need to fit in and complement the buildings that surrounding them. I think this one does this very well.

Last edited:
I am normally old school too but you have Newhouse right next to it, with that new addition that is very progressive. You have the Old Row filled with traditional college architecture, you have the Newhouse Complex that is modern looking and then this building, which is uber modern looking.

You can't design building in a vacuum. They need to fit in and complement the buildings that surrounding them. I think this one does this very well.
And then there is Bird...far from old school.

You can't design building in a vacuum. They need to fit in and complement the buildings that surrounding them. I think this one does this very well.
We need more Ernie Davis Prison Brutalism Buildings...

I'll let myself out ;-)

Has SU ever put out similar photos of the new veterans building? I know that the grand opening ceremony was postponed because of Covid, but you'd think they would at least promote the building a bit. It looks beautiful from the outside.

Has SU ever put out similar photos of the new veterans building? I know that the grand opening ceremony was postponed because of Covid, but you'd think they would at least promote the building a bit. It looks beautiful from the outside.
Only exterior shots. On the previous page there is a great pic of the rooftop.

Only exterior shots. On the previous page there is a great pic of the rooftop.

Yeah I've seen that one. Figured they would have done a full video and/or photo tour of the building. It's been completed for almost a year now.

I am not a fan of the new look for Schine. Just my taste. It looks too foot locker and not collegiate.
I hear you. Those pictures make it look like a mall. The reception desk looks like where you get popcorn and soda for a movie. Maybe that is what kids want these days.

Sad they got rid of the orange tree and won’t be bringing it back. That was the best part of the old building.

I am not a fan of the new look for Schine. Just my taste. It looks too foot locker and not collegiate.

All that south-facing glass...in 2021...it's like SU's going in one direction while the rest of the world is going in the other.

I get the desire to "open up" the building, which had a really funky design to begin with. That could have been more effectively and responsibly achieved in part by leaving the big arched windows but building out the alleys that provide access to the entrances.

I used to work in the print/copy shop (Alteracts) in the basement. Good times

I hear you. Those pictures make it look like a mall. The reception desk looks like where you get popcorn and soda for a movie. Maybe that is what kids want these days.

Sad they got rid of the orange tree and won’t be bringing it back. That was the best part of the old building.

Sad that the tree is gone, I took this pic a couple years ago at the Duke game.

Attachments

• IMG_2016.jpg
    IMG_2016.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115

Environmental factors?

Yeah lets bring in more plastic to fix it...those living plants are causing environmental issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom