Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

C6C90DB7-3455-4A00-9CC1-225326B51E65.jpeg

Reitz Union Student center for UF. Looks similar to me. It’s also a good selling point

Those pictures don’t do it justice. It’s a beautiful renovation, albeit more modern than classic in style. It’s a much needed space for the students and alongside Barnes is a major investment in the student experience. Kudos to all involved.

Looks like someone grabbed an ikea catalog and said I'll take 1 of everything

Environmental factors?

Yeah lets bring in more plastic to fix it...those living plants are causing environmental issues.
I wonder what environmental factors prevent it. When did growing vegetation become bad for the environment.

Damn I miss Jabberwocky .. I practically lived there .. was at open and close have poster for opening Jr Wells John Hammond
Some of us miss the original Jab.;)

I remember seeing a Stones tribute band there in ‘80 or ‘81.

(No, the picture below is not from that show. It’s just there to show the basement venue.)

F964BF78-3934-4311-84B0-312C8A62C867.png

Last edited:
Any update on phase 2 for the dome?
At the least, I wonder where the installation of AC stands?

Pete said the goal was to have it completed in time for the 2021 graduation, which would be in early May (don't think that has been moved out, could be wrong on that).

In this article, Pete said AC was 80% done in August of 2020.

I believe he later said he thought AC would be finished by March of 2021 and later still, I believe he said with no need to host crowds for events for football and basketball, the install of AC was even further ahead of schedule.

It is possible it is close to being complete now? Could an announcement be imminent?

Some of us miss the original Jab.;)

I remember seeing a Stones tribute band there in ‘80 or ‘81.

(No, the picture below is not from that show. It’s just there to show the basement venue.)

View attachment 195047
Wasn't it 2 dr I is for a buck there during Friday happy hour? It was some insanely low price and the mixed drinks were strong.

What year was schine center originally built? I can’t recall. Was jabberwocky’ only home in schine?

I wonder what environmental factors prevent it. When did growing vegetation become bad for the environment.
Orange Trees don't grow in 30 degree weather. That's the environmental factor.

Orange Trees don't grow in 30 degree weather. That's the environmental factor.
It was in the lobby Sudano. Inside the building. I believe the building was and remains heated during the winter.

Here is a picture of employees from the physical plant planting the orange tree in 1987.

I am not sure if it produced fruit. I only went into Schine occasionally. But it alway seemed to be healthy and doing well when I walked by it.

1611284207610.jpeg

View attachment 195016
Reitz Union Student center for UF. Looks similar to me. It’s also a good selling point
I know it well. I worked at the firm that designed it. They also designed the Ensley Center. I am more accepting of it there, as it is an athletic facility and remote from campus. The Reitz Center is MUCH larger, in a totally different campus setting and even at that a bit more classy than the Schine reno (just my opinion).

I know it well. I worked at the firm that designed it. They also designed the Ensley Center. I am more accepting of it there, as it is an athletic facility and remote from campus. The Reitz Center is MUCH larger, in a totally different campus setting and even at that a bit more classy than the Schine reno (just my opinion).
I agree. I’ve been there a few times when they hosted gaming tournaments in the ballroom they have. It’s super nice there in every way. I was just saying that people complaining about the look of Schinr don’t see how it is somewhat similar tI other places

Since when does SU let the temperature in the building drop to 30 degrees? Do they like frozen pipes? Did you actually think before commenting?
I thought it was the Orange Grove Tree that took my awesome parking spot away from me on the Quad.

Last edited:
I hear you. Those pictures make it look like a mall. The reception desk looks like where you get popcorn and soda for a movie. Maybe that is what kids want these days.

Sad they got rid of the orange tree and won’t be bringing it back. That was the best part of the old building.

In other words, they killed it either removing it or in storage.

In other words, they killed it either removing it or in storage.
They might have but an orange tree costs like $100.

I think it is more likely that they got rid of that semi opaque roof above where the tree was that let enough natural light in to allow the tree to survive living indoors.

What a shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom