Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 148 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Wonder what the motivation is for SU to acquire that building, beyond it already basically being part of their campus?

I thought that building was where Crouse had their school of nursing. Is Syracuse taking over their school of nursing?
The PS article, which for some reason I could read earlier today, stated that Crouse will continue to use the building for the Nursing School. Leasing it back from the University.

“The Marley Education Center transaction will provide support to keep Crouse well positioned to meet the health care needs of our community moving forward through the Covid pandemic,” said Bob Allen, a Crouse vice president.

He said the hospital’s finances are strong.

Crouse said it will lease back the Marley building for an unspecified period of time and SU will evaluate future use of the facility. Crouse’s 109-year-old nursing school will remain in the building.

The PS article, which for some reason I could read earlier today, stated that Crouse will continue to use the building for the Nursing School. Leasing it back from the University.

“The Marley Education Center transaction will provide support to keep Crouse well positioned to meet the health care needs of our community moving forward through the Covid pandemic,” said Bob Allen, a Crouse vice president.

Crouse said it will lease back the Marley building for an unspecified period of time and SU will evaluate future use of the facility. Crouse’s 109-year-old nursing school will remain in the building.
Interesting. I know at one point anyway, Crouse was losing $300K a day when COVID was running strong.

Wondering if some day, it might make sense for SU to buy the hospital? It might be the only way to keep it running.

Wonder if this is possibly a long term plan for SU to get a medical school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom