Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Another mom and pop out, another chain in. SMH.

Marshall St. gets more and more lame every year.
I walked Marshall street last week, I really thought it looked tired and dumpy. Not a lot of good tenants up there.

Another mom and pop out, another chain in. SMH.

Marshall St. gets more and more lame every year.
I think Marshall St is the least of the program’s worries right now. They can put a lookers up there for all I care if it means we have a chair when the music stops.

Last edited:
Its kind of crazy that marshall street isnt more popular. You have 15,000+ people in a concentrated area. A lot of rich kids from downstate with daddy credit cards. I don’t understand why a restaurant couldn’t do well up there. Maybe it is the seasonal aspect of it. Or, maybe most kids are broke as heck like I was. I lived off Kimmel for four years, and may still hold the record for chicken tenders from kfc and strombolis from sbarro.

Its kind of crazy that marshall street isnt more popular. You have 15,000+ people in a concentrated area. A lot of rich kids from downstate with daddy credit cards. I don’t understand why a restaurant couldn’t do well up there. Maybe it is the seasonal aspect of it. Or, maybe most kids are broke as heck like I was. I lived off Kimmel for four years, and may still hold the record for chicken tenders from kfc and strombolis from sbarro.

Well, other than pizza slices (or occasional FREE FRIES!!), I rarely dined on M-Street.

Maybe for a few dates, trying to impress some lovely young lady, but otherwise - nope.

Now, the bars got PLENTY of my $.

Yeah it's fine to have a couple chains but it should mostly be local food options that you can't get anywhere else

Split the difference - had a Badd Pizza sub in Virginia, think they're from Buffalo. Tasted enough like Archie's to pass.

When I was on campus I pretty much only went to Chucks/Faegans/Lucy's for nightlife, went to Armory Sq for a bar crawl and like two other nights in the spring but that was it. This was before ride sharing was a thing so I think that could be a factor

When I was on campus I pretty much only went to Chucks/Faegans/Lucy's for nightlife, went to Armory Sq for a bar crawl and like two other nights in the spring but that was it. This was before ride sharing was a thing so I think that could be a factor

Just off pure anectdotal experience, there seem to be A LOT more SU kids at Armory/Hanover bars than when I was in college (mid-2000s).

Just off pure anectdotal experience, there seem to be A LOT more SU kids at Armory/Hanover bars than when I was in college (mid-2000s).
Armory for sure. You can say the same for restaurants. Uber/Lyft has made it easier for kids to get off campus. When I was a student we rarely went down there.

Last edited:
Armory there is for sure. Same for restaurants. Uber/Lyft has made it easier for kids to get off campus. When I was a student we rarely went down there.

Wolff’s and Evergreen in Hanover always seem to have decent SU student crowds too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom