Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 161 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Oh yeah, all the tech is great.

The ceiling and concourse lighting is just something I haven't warmed to and don't think I will. Too sterile.
If by ceiling you mean the roof lighting over the field? That has to stay bright and white.

But yeah I miss the warm orange glow of the old concourse lights. It was so dark you could almost mistake it for mood lighting.

If by ceiling you mean the roof lighting over the field? That has to stay bright and white.

But yeah I miss the warm orange glow of the old concourse lights. It was so dark you could almost mistake it for mood lighting.

Yeah, our facility went from looking straight out of the 1980s to being modern.

It’s going to take time for some to adjust

Happy that the dome is one the verge of looking and feeling like a stadium that hosts a P5 team

Yeah, that's it. I liked the darkness of the concourses for its own sake, but I didn't realize how much better it made the stadium bowl look to not have that ambient brightness sneaking in.

Big fan of the MSG/Staples Center look: bright playing surface, dark seating bowl. The pre-reno Dome wasn't quite on that end of the spectrum but it's drifted a lot further from that with the new lighting.

Yeah, that's it. I liked the darkness of the concourses for its own sake, but I didn't realize how much better it made the stadium bowl look to not have that ambient brightness sneaking in.

Big fan of the MSG/Staples Center look: bright playing surface, dark seating bowl. The pre-reno Dome wasn't quite on that end of the spectrum but it's drifted a lot further from that with the new lighting.
It’s funny the things we nitpick. Maybe they could dim the concourse lights during live action like they do in theaters. Discourage those dumb plucks from walking the aisles when I’m trying to watch the game.

Looks nice. The colors kind of clash but it is a better look than we we have today.

I wish we could see more of what the interface is between the dome concourses and the new building.

Is this just street level (so it will be connected to the 300 level concourse)?

Or is there a lower level that connects to the 100 level concourse? I assume there is.

The more open the design, the better.

View attachment 224704
Eye of the beholder, but I don’t love the look any more than I do Manley/Lally or for that matter, the Schine renovation. It’s all very bland and lacking character or charisma. I love the Michigan jokes, but this IS where we should use bricks. The roof between these buildings had better be glass, as it will be as dark and dreary as the existing concourses but I don’t see any hint of that.

I don't think so but that'd be cool. SU's done well with rooftop spaces (NVRC) of late.
NVRC is a credit to SHoP, the architecture firm. Populous is great at stadium architecture, but not campus finesse in my opinion. They got a real slap for their early work on the roof replacement and Barnes Center for being too rich, and I assume this is a continued reaction. This early article suggests that they struggled with the historic element from the get-go

Eye of the beholder, but I don’t love the look any more than I do Manley/Lally or for that matter, the Schine renovation. It’s all very bland and lacking character or charisma. I love the Michigan jokes, but this IS where we should use bricks. The roof between these buildings had better be glass, as it will be as dark and dreary as the existing concourses but I don’t see any hint of that.
Stunning number of verticals in both the North and South entrances, against a backdrop of Dome columns (more verticals). "Locked in" theme is unmistakeable. :cool:

Last edited:
I keep thinking it's Micron Victory Court and the University continues to roll with a misprint.
I feel a little bad for the Mirons because I keep seeing people on social media thinking this is Micron as well and news outlets are just misprinting the name.

Not sure this quite fits in on Marshall St. Although I do agree that the street needs a makeover, 8 stories seems a bit much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom