Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 159 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Now if we could just get some good Syracuse marketing to be hung on the outside of the dome to cover up the concrete!
I wonder if we considered decorative cladding for the exterior - or if it was deemed too risky (weather changes) and too expensive to maintain.

Honestly if they could take out some of that concrete and use the same material they used for the roof. The ptfe but translucent for the sides of the dome, that would be pretty cool. It would bring a ton of light in and make it feel outside but indoors.

Honestly if they could take out some of that concrete and use the same material they used for the roof. The ptfe but translucent for the sides of the dome, that would be pretty cool. It would bring a ton of light in and make it feel outside but indoors.

I'm no structural engineer, but I'd imagine that'd be pretty difficult to do given how much the structural integrity of the dome is dependent on all that concrete.

68’x25’ seems pretty big.

That makes it 13 pct of the size of the Dome lengthwise on that side and 18 pct height wise. Render looks pretty close despite those numbers seeming pretty big

I'm no structural engineer, but I'd imagine that'd be pretty difficult to do given how much the structural integrity of the dome is dependent on all that concrete.
I meant like sections so you had giant windows. But yes of course you would need to supplement that loss structural integrity with steel frame or something.

Will it flash on and off?

d1khqyx-11d4b810-06e9-4cf7-9f0c-4855f2116e44.gif
Kenny Rogers Roasters

The future models we have seen with additions to the existing dome will definitely create a nice effect even if it's not coming through onto the field/court itself.

All the concrete just sucks. But one thing at a time now. Syracuse is steadily knocking down other major projects--seating, lighting, scoreboard, signage, air conditioning.

The next thing to get renovated has got to be the sucky exterior of the building

So, I was strolling through the thread reading about the JMA sign ...and how work began over 2 weeks ago, only to find out tonight that the "Popeyes" sign is up.

Makes sense

The future models we have seen with additions to the existing dome will definitely create a nice effect even if it's not coming through onto the field/court itself.
Models? What models?

Re: the sign when are they lighting those suckers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom