Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Dome Reno. Nothing happens til after the election. There will be a big campaign, naming rights for things, etc. Done in phases won't lose any seasons.

Of course that could change...
Was there some kind of update?

From what I was told if you want a new stadium you better hope for Walsh to win. I also don’t see it happening at the the fair. They are already planning on a new building. Don’t see room for a stadium after that goes up unless it’s near the amphitheater and I can’t see them taking parking spaces out.

Isn't Juanita Perez Williams chummy with Cuomo?

I got the feeling she didn't want COR involved no matter what,and that was a good thing as it now shows.

Yes but that doesn’t mean she’s keen on spending millions on a stadium project.

As I assumed in the original rumored deal, the city wasn't going to be spending anything on this project. It was going to be all state money.

As I assumed in the original rumored deal, the city wasn't going to be spending anything on this project. It was going to be all state money.
The city would have to deal with streets and water and sewage. No matter what they will be in for a lot of money. I remember miner talking about that when the original stadium build was purposed.

Soooo what are the odds of him winning?

Any time a candidate is running down line it is going to be an uphill battle, but in my opinion he has a real shot. Walsh has a significant fund raising advantage and good name recognition. He will pull votes from both Dems and Republicans...big question is can he pull enough.

Any time a candidate is running down line it is going to be an uphill battle, but in my opinion he has a real shot. Walsh has a significant fund raising advantage and good name recognition. He will pull votes from both Dems and Republicans...big question is can he pull enough.
If he’s our best shot then - serious question - why hasn’t this site officially endorsed him??? Would make news and hopefully good pub.

I have heard the same...
Is this because the state won't pony up for a renovation and because juanita will not support anything sports-related? Are we just speculating or do the candidates have platforms outlining their commitment to SU and sports?

y'all living in the city - no excuse for not voting Walsh on election day.

A nice piece on Walsh this morning:

Ben Walsh walks tightrope, balancing Republican name while luring Democrats

I particularly liked this part:
"He returned in early 2003, just as the SU men's basketball team was surging toward a national championship. "That was Carmelo (Anthony)'s year," he said. "I got back and it was March Madness. I decided I wasn't going to even try to find a job until SU lost. Priorities, right?"

Whoever said the state wanted to wait until Minor was gone is on to something. They do have the money now as some were told just 2 days ago, but the University lost two new schools, one To Binghamton( Nursing) and the Homeland Security went to the Rome Area ( MARCY).They really do need the footprint of the Dome if they want new schools on Campus and it's coming home to bite them in the Arse as their was lots of Federal and State funds they lost by not getting these new schools and the Academics knows...State fair is now the talk, but at the same time who knows.

They were a lot closer to building that 44,000 seat Arena with a retractable roof than what I was originally told. The state really wants a new Stadium for this region and they were more than happy to give the funds to make it happen. There was to be a PLA on it,but somehow Minor dug her heels in so deep over something more than what was really led on.

The Dome is not the only Athletic sports Facilities the ACC mandated by contract to upgrade...Oh and beer sales are going Bye-Bye as the ACC is claiming they are going to stick by some NCAA by-law to enforce that...I have no idea what that means.
one way to deal with a lack of footprint is to build taller

In case you've missed it, here is what is being built in the now torn down alley way off Marshall st where chucks, funkin waffles etc were.

6 floors of student apartments and shops and restaurants on the first floor.

IMG_1314.JPG

In case you've missed it, here is what is being built in the now torn down alley way off Marshall st where chucks, funkin waffles etc were.

6 floors of student apartments and shops and restaurants on the first floor.

View attachment 113328
Someday we will look back fondly at the days when the Marshall St area was all one and two story buildings. They were/are kind of dumpy, and sometimes poorly maintained, but generations of SU students knew them that way and it was reassuring to see a big area near the campus that rarely changed.

I don't mind this building; even the height is reasonable for the area. But what is up with the use of gray and scarlet for part of the building?

It looks like an OSU alum helped finance it and insisted part of the building be built in his schools' colors. At least it doesn't look as though it was inspired by East German prisons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom