Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Bonus: it helps me see the weather not far from my house.

Double-bonus: it puts the fear of god into me with regard to all other drivers (watch the cars for 30 seconds and you'll see some weird motorist behavior).
I'm totally with you on crazy drivers, but my like was based on the subtle Sarah Palin reference embedded in that post.

Good thing they got there before the site was buried in 2 feet of snow.

Also, is there some kind of music catalog that drone videos have to select from? Seems like every drone video I watch has that same generic sound to it.

upload_2018-3-2_18-23-56.png

I like the old days when the film was black and white and they played marches for the music...

Not well. Way over budget.
It was supposed to cost $100 million. Actually cost $514 million.

It was supposed to take 8 months to do. It actually took 16. That was with the facility totally shut down for construction.

Inside the $514-Million BC Place Boondoggle | The Tyee

And the new roof costs more than double the old one in terms of maintenance.

B.C. Place roof raises cost questions

It is, IMHO, the ugliest roof ever built. It makes vomit look attractive.

I have grave concerns about what SU rumored to be planning. I hope if companies are telling them this is possible, that they structure the contracts so all overruns in costs are paid by the contractor and that there are severe fines for missed deadlines.

bcplace.jpg

Turf.jpg

www.timescolonist.com/news/b-c/b-c-place-roof-raises-cost-questions-1.2222844

Exclusive: Stains on BC Place roof could cost $10m to fix

It was supposed to take 8 months to do. It actually took 16. That was with the facility totally shut down for construction.

I have grave concerns about what SU rumored to be planning. I hope if companies are telling them this is possible, that they structure the contracts so all overruns in costs are paid by the contractor and that there are severe fines for missed deadlines.

bcplace.jpg

Turf.jpg

I agree that BC Place is not something I want SU to emulate in any way, shape or form. With that said, SU has been taking its time to make sure it is done right and without the cost risks. In my opinion, they are pretty good at planning/building to budget. Look at the dome, Melo center, IPF to name a few. I know this reno has major complications/challenges but unlike the BC Place, it has limited private funding and is being painstakingly planned. SU does not have the option to add a few hundred $M due to overruns like BC Place.

Last edited:

bcplace.jpg

Turf.jpg

It looks like a space ship is landing on the field.

bcplace.jpg

Turf.jpg

Fabric roof that may work for Vancouver, but it will never hold up to the snowfall we get in the 315.

Fabric roof that may work for Vancouver, but it will never hold up to the snowfall we get in the 315.
They also made the mistake of making it retractable which has caused all sorts of complications including leaks.

I was told by someone extremely close to the project that BC place is the plan.

So, no football or basketball games for two years, and we get another fabric roof that leaks.

Horrible plan.

They are still trying to work around basketball and football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom