Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I hope it's worth the wait. The longer they take the larger the expectations. Look at what Northwestern is doing with about the same (renovation) money (courtesy NJCuse97):

View attachment 126521

But they are a relatively small private school...can't compare SU to something like that. ;)

Last edited:
Even the most financially lucrative schools fundraise for athletic buildings. It’s just the way it is.

All the more how it's truly remarkable that a top/prestigious communications/PR school such as Syracuse blundered so badly here. It was 2 years ago next month that anyone who has ever heard of the internet were exposed to those renderings.

Even the most financially lucrative schools fundraise for athletic buildings. It’s just the way it is.
True, all schools fundraise capital projects like this. But SU has to be committed to the process. They're in the ACC. It's the big-time. The league's going to have its own NW. SU finally has its program going in the right direction ... all we need is the facilities to match (and compete). The importance of this can hardly be overemphasized -- and they can't get the funding? After 2-3 years? When they had $500M on the table 4 years ago? Hmmm. Sorry, but avacado toast is hard to swallow.

All the more how it's truly remarkable that a top/prestigious communications/PR school such as Syracuse blundered so badly here. It was 2 years ago next month that anyone who has ever heard of the internet were exposed to those renderings.

What did they blunder?

True, all schools fundraise capital projects like this. But SU has to be committed to the process. They're in the ACC. It's the big-time. The league's going to have its own NW. SU finally has its program going in the right direction ... all we need is the facilities to match (and compete). The importance of this can hardly be overemphasized -- and they can't get the funding? After 2-3 years? When they had $500M on the table 4 years ago? Hmmm. Sorry, but avacado toast is hard to swallow.

We'll pass a hat at the first Fine Mess tailgate. :)

What did they blunder?

The renderings coming out, some details and specifics, the dollar amount of the capital improvement/investment, etc. only to slam the brakes shortly thereafter. The only thing missing was JB saying something about "premature anything." ;) That blunder.

The renderings coming out, some details and specifics, the dollar amount of the capital improvement/investment, etc. only to slam the brakes shortly thereafter. The only thing missing was JB saying something about "premature anything." ;) That blunder.
If I recall correctly, the information came from the wannabe architect/contractor, not the university. :confused:

What is strange to me is that there isn't even a "facilities" fund to donate to.

I'd have to imagine when they actually put an effort to getting funding they will but... odd for now

What is strange to me is that there isn't even a "facilities" fund to donate to.

I'd have to imagine when they actually put an effort to getting funding they will but... odd for now
Agree. I believe contributing to a Dome renovation fund was a choice and the need was properly articulated, money could be raised. Maybe not giant donations but a lot of small and medium donations add up and make a difference.

Agree. I believe contributing to a Dome renovation fund was a choice and the need was properly articulated, money could be raised. Maybe not giant donations but a lot of small and medium donations add up and make a difference.

Whenever they hit it they need to have all systems go on it. I'm ignorant to it but is there a reason they don't accept the wildly accepted paypal?

Whenever they hit it they need to have all systems go on it. I'm ignorant to it but is there a reason they don't accept the wildly accepted paypal?

They do the small dollar stuff to get the project over the top, not to start it.

They do the small dollar stuff to get the project over the top, not to start it.

To me a dollar is a dollar - who cares when you get it. This type of huge project you need money coming in daily. You obviously need those big boys too but I'd have my ticket sales reps asking for donations on every call (they ask for the military tickets on every[or most] calls)

To me a dollar is a dollar - who cares when you get it. This type of huge project you need money coming in daily. You obviously need those big boys too but I'd have my ticket sales reps asking for donations on every call (they ask for the military tickets on every[or most] calls)

If something costs say 50 million putting a link on a website to collect a few hundred thousand before most of the money is there its ripping those donors off.

Asked about that at an Orange Club function and the feeling was that they would not start any type of targetted fund raising for a capital project until that project was properly scoped and publicized. Think it was the same for the Ensley Center.

If something costs say 50 million putting a link on a website to collect a few hundred thousand before most of the money is there its ripping those donors off.

I expect there are already a couple of big hitters lined up akin to the Lally donation.

Isn't this Barnes Center going to be connected to the "new" Dome?

So anyone wonder if the Fraternity issue will affect the planned BoT vote?

it is embarrassing that we still TALK about renovation.
we are still classic su . enuf said--sorry

it is embarrassing that we still TALK about renovation.
we are still classic su . enuf said--sorry
Location, Location, Location

The Dome has many advantages to make renovation a viable option. I'm not privy to the details...but it appears this is their COA.

I agree with GoSU96 that a new stadium south of Destiny has a ton of advantages too. However, with the possibility of I-81 being torn down and developed into a community grid...I'm not sure how traffic flow would be.

The Dome has many advantages to make renovation a viable option. I'm not privy to the details...but it appears this is their COA.

I agree with GoSU96 that a new stadium south of Destiny has a ton of advantages too. However, with the possibility of I-81 being torn down and developed into a community grid...I'm not sure how traffic flow would be.

The section of 81 potentially being turned into the community grid would have negligible impact on a stadium by Destiny USA. That being said, I think a stadium by Destiny USA has about a 1% chance of happening.

I agree with GoSU96 that a new stadium south of Destiny ha if they want su football to works a ton of advantages too. However, with the possibility of I-81 being torn down and developed into a community grid...I'm not sure how traffic flow would be.
not your concern or even mine! if they want su football to work, it is the university and the city responsibilty.
do we have any idea of the numbers of local fans that have been lost due to this long drawn out decision making process?
review history. ---we think small time and will remain small time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom