Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

not your concern or even mine! if they want su football to work, it is the university and the city responsibilty.
do we have any idea of the numbers of local fans that have been lost due to this long drawn out decision making process?
review history. ---we think small time and will remain small time.

I know a lot of local residents who no longer attend games because of work/family commitments, or because the team simply hasn't been that good. I don't know anybody who has been "lost" because he doesn't have a plastic seatback with a cupholder.

I know a lot of local residents who no longer attend games because of work/family commitments, or because the team simply hasn't been that good. I don't know anybody who has been "lost" because he doesn't have a plastic seatback with a cupholder.
Lot of other things that can be done during 4 hour games.

Will include apartments above the stores. They’re preparing to buy the block of land where the chase bank is and across from the booth garage. More dorms/apartments. The move to having all students off south campus continues.

Two years?

It’s going to be a block long 6-7 story building.

These places bring closed for a couple years will help with the opening of Lebron James pizza place opening this fall in The Marshall building.

Last edited:
It’s going to be a block long 6-7 store building.

These places bring closed for a couple years will help with the opening of Lebron James pizza place opening this fall in The Marshall building.

Reading it just closed for the summer though? I hope?

Reading it just closed for the summer though? I hope?

Can read that tweet both ways. But how would they reopen that quick? The whole building will take a couple years. Stores and restaurants will occupy the first story but I don’t know if they can operate while 5 other stories are being built above them. I’ll try to find out.

Can read that tweet both ways. But how would they reopen that quick? The whole building will take a couple years. Stores and restaurants will occupy the first story but I don’t know if they can operate while 5 other stories are being built above them. I’ll try to find out.
Perhaps if they constructed a temporary roof structure.

I guess they build up and around? Hard to close two iconic places down like that I would think, plus all that lost revenue. But I have no idea, just thinking ahead to the next trips there.

I guess they build up and around? Hard to close two iconic places down like that I would think, plus all that lost revenue. But I have no idea, just thinking ahead to the next trips there.

I have no idea either. Don’t think there’s much around there to open temporarily? Should be more info coming out soon I would think.

I cannot imagine a scenario where those places reopen after the summer. Too much going on. As for the move from South Campus, I would assume the school is not fully behind this move. While SU may want to decant South, they don’t want to support M Street or losing the room and board. This is private development. This is likely a trend that leads to tuition increases (now one of the most expensive schools in the country). This is all off if there is a deal between this development and the school, but I doubt that would be the case in that location with a bar in the building. Like I said, the school wants to distance itself from Marshal Street

Will include apartments above the stores. They’re preparing to buy the block of land where the chase bank is and across from the booth garage. More dorms/apartments. The move to having all students off south campus continues.
Yes ... unmistakable residential trend away from South Campus. Hmmmmmm

I cannot imagine a scenario where those places reopen after the summer. Too much going on. As for the move from South Campus, I would assume the school is not fully behind this move. While SU may want to decant South, they don’t want to support M Street or losing the room and board. This is private development. This is likely a trend that leads to tuition increases (now one of the most expensive schools in the country). This is all off if there is a deal between this development and the school, but I doubt that would be the case in that location with a bar in the building. Like I said, the school wants to distance itself from Marshal Street
That may be true (not sure if the U is involved in this development). But either way, the clear trend is away from South Campus. Some of this has been West of the Dome. In fact, West stadium parking is becoming an endangered species with event parking rates to match.

That may be true (not sure if the U is involved in this development). But either way, the clear trend is away from South Campus. Some of this has been West of the Dome. In fact, West stadium parking is becoming an endangered species with event parking rates to match.
I don’t disagree but I don’t see the two directly related. These developments aren’t targeted to South Campus, just income. It’s the school that wants to get the kids off South into their campus housing rather than loose the room and board to anyone.

A Chick Fil A on the hill ?? SU just moved up 10 spots in the minds of southern recruits. Now all we need is the dreaded waffle house and the hill will be complete!

Well, I have to disagree with you, Cherrie. You and I are usually on the same page. Same with Cuse Legacy. So it's fine that we have different opinions once in a while. But I have to say that making a swimming lane non-regulation is a big deal. And eliminating lanes entirely for a TV pool? It all strains the concept of an exercise facility. I'm having trouble understanding why SU would want to prioritize students who want to sit around and watch (more) TV over those who come to a gym to get some exercise (and yes, for swimmers a regulation lane is important)?

More on the pool: SU graduate student responds to March 26 letter on Webster Pool renovations

I'm with this student. It's "astonishing the university has minimized the needs of lap swimmers under the guise of serving students’ needs." The club swim team is losing its facility and found out about that from an op-ed in the DO? Amateur hour on the part of SU.

Yea, I don't know who's driving that building and the apartments that will be above the stores and shops. As to the varsity and faegans, I haven't found out anything about varsity but asked a friend about faegans and he said they will be shut down for the 2 years and after that is TBD.

There are a couple of factors here. First, this is private development which potentially takes $ directly from the school as you state.

Second, the school has a love/hate relationship with Marshall St. They don't want to support it ,but they want it cleaned up to look more presentable. My understanding is that people high up the food chain at the university despise its run down look and would like nothing more than to see $ invested in those properties to improve the campus environment.

There are a couple of factors here. First, this is private development which potentially takes $ directly from the school as you state.

Second, the school has a love/hate relationship with Marshall St. They don't want to support it ,but they want it cleaned up to look more presentable. My understanding is that people high up the food chain at the university despise its run down look and would like nothing more than to see $ invested in those properties to improve the campus environment.

Syverud has said he hates the look of that area and it’s an embarrassment especially with parents visiting with their kids when in high school.

Was the pool in the newer/post fire portion of the building? Looks like it is gone now.

Yes that is where it was. The new 2 lane pool will be in the same spot. Many other amenities will be in the new part of the building. The women's building will now be the larger pool.

Yes that is where it was. The new 2 lane pool will be in the same spot. Many other amenities will be in the new part of the building. The women's building will now be the larger pool.
From the rendering I saw on line it looks like a 3 lane pool.

Pool-rendering_three-lane-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom