Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Excellent! Obvious that they can’t get everything done all at once. The whole 20 year campus plan is broken up into four 5 year phases and it looks like the Dome is on the same tract and thinking. Like what’s planned for phase 1 but wish it could start a year earlier. But it also gives them an extra year to do the fundraising leg of financing it and manipulate the football schedule.

Seems like the real major and costlier changes will come in phase 2. Which might be the smart move in case new money appears over the next 5 years allowing to build new on South Campus. $100m of sunk costs is a lot different than $400-$500m.

Nice! New roof and scoreboard. I’d like new and wider concourses as well, but I’ll take this!

Is the $118M just Phase I? Kind of sounds like the Phase II stuff may not be a definite, though I could be reading things wrong.

From the news site. Says the exterior part is hard and the middle bubbles on the top are PTFE /teflon/fiberglass. Give the massive challenge of architecture, scheduling and funding...I am just happy it will be done.
dome-exterior.jpg

Last edited:
Is the $118M just Phase I? Kind of sounds like the Phase II stuff may not be a definite, though I could be reading things wrong.

I read it as yes this is phase 1 and they know what they want to accomplish in phase 2 but don’t want to commit 100% to it right now. Plans could change but it mentions the seating, concessions (which I take to mean expanded concourses), etc.

Sounds like it, this way they’ll have more time to raise funds for the seating improvements but take care of the immediate needs in 2020

Which I think looks very ugly. To each their own though, and maybe it was the only feasible option.
Ugly can become iconic as well.

Edited to add: I know that someone posted several pages back that they were looking at copying BC Place and this confirms it.

You get what you pay for. JMHO but man is that rendering FUGLY! Let's hope that the finished product looks better than the image included with the story. All in all, though, it is nice to see that something is going to happen.

Hidden comment in the article for phase 2...”enhanced restrooms”

No more pee troughs??

Pretty interesting in the Chancellor's e-mail communication that he never once says Carrier Dome, instead always referring to "the Dome."

Which I think looks very ugly. To each their own though, and maybe it was the only feasible option.
"Ugly" was my initial reaction as well, but We'll have to keep an open mind I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom