Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Pretty interesting in the Chancellor's e-mail communication that he never once says Carrier Dome, instead always referring to "the Dome."
Similar email went out to Orange Club and STHs.

I’m more excited about improved sound and lighting and improved WiFi than I am about the roof. Also wondering if the accessibility and further compliance with the disabilities act will mean escalators and elevators? I’m thinking it could.
JW did say the lighting will allow for better team entrances, etc. This is very much something to look forward to. Hopefully they can figure out projection systems as well.

I’m more excited about improved sound and lighting and improved WiFi than I am about the roof. Also wondering if the accessibility and further compliance with the disabilities act will mean escalators and elevators? I’m thinking it could.
and the scoreboard

JW did say the lighting will allow for better team entrances, etc. This is very much something to look forward to. Hopefully they can figure out projection systems as well.

LED lights can be turned off and on quickly.

Not like the lighting we have now.

upload_2018-5-14_11-30-17.png

Yep. Football entrance and basketball starting line up intros will be more exciting with dimmed lights, roaming flood lights and music with enhanced sound. Will be more fun and exciting. Get your butts in the seats earlier.

Does this mean they are NOT going to build the new roof over the old roof? Sounds like spring 2020 they deflate the bubble and then erect the hard shell in a span of 4 months? I'd like to hear the engineers chime in because there was also a lot of talk that the existing Dome frame could not support a hard roof. But it looks like the new roof will rest on the existing supports without any new structural enhancements. All this talk about a higher roofline which would allow space for luxury suites on top... or possibly a 3rd concourse... that's impossible with this new roof concept.

I think it's a big step forward - since there were fears that they would go completely cheap -- but the new skyline and overall aesthetics are, sigh, disappointing. But I'm more concerned that phase 2 is not locked in and may never happen. Those concourses desperately need to be expanded -- was hoping the new roof structure would establish a new footprint to make this possible. Improved concessions and restrooms do not mean the walls would get blown out. If anything the spaces might get even tighter.

Does this mean they are NOT going to build the new roof over the old roof? Sounds like spring 2020 they deflate the bubble and then erect the hard shell in a span of 4 months? I'd like to hear the engineers chime in because there was also a lot of talk that the existing Dome frame could not support a hard roof. But it looks like the new roof will rest on the existing supports without any new structural enhancements. All this talk about a higher roofline which would allow space for luxury suites on top... or possibly a 3rd concourse... that's impossible with this new roof concept.

I think it's a big step forward - as since there rumors that they would go completely cheap -- but the new skyline and overall aesthetics are, sigh, disappointing. But I'm more concerned that phase 2 is not locked in and may never happen. Those concourses desperately need to be expanded -- was hoping the new roof structure would establish a new footprint to make this possible. They mentioned improved concessions and restrooms but that doesn't mean the walls would get blown out.
I'm confused whether concourse / ADA work is Phase I or II. If Phase II it provides a better opportunity for some NYS funding.

Ahh, connecting the Dome to the Arch. Always knew that had to happen. Will allow for healthy eating options too since the Arch is going to have healthy food options.
and fans are interested in healthy eating options? :rolleyes:

I think it's a big step forward - since there were fears that they would go completely cheap -- but the new skyline and overall aesthetics are, sigh, disappointing. But I'm more concerned that phase 2 is not locked in and may never happen. Those concourses desperately need to be expanded -- was hoping the new roof structure would establish a new footprint to make this possible. Improved concessions and restrooms do not mean the walls would get blown out. If anything the spaces might get even tighter.
I don't think the new/expanded concourses are constrained by the roof. They can be added to the outside and without the air-support limitations, can be opened to the existing concourses...thereby allowing for the potential of widening/connecting them.

I was hoping for upgrades to seats but was prepared to be disappointed. Oh well.

Dome closed til mid to late Sept 2020.
Material is a version of efte but stronger. (Snow load, I assume) . Life span, 40 years.

Mention in presser of possibility of expanding walls in second phase. Looks like same seats, first phase.

I read it as both phases.

That's how I read it in the email as well. Phase 1 has significant accessibility improvements and Phase 2 has accessibility enhancements.

LED lights can be turned off and on quickly.

Not like the lighting we have now.
Yup, you can do some really cool stuff. I converted to LED for my Christmas lights years ago and now run an entirely "pixel"-based display that is software programmable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom