Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I'm guessing the rigidity of the outer roof, replaces any truss solutions.

Once again, the rendering is structural. No decision had been made on what to cover it with. Talk of louvres (example) at press conference.. There is a good chance, it will be more attractive. Aesthetics are still in discussion.
They said what it would be covered with.

dome-exterior-taggedinstory.jpg

In reference to the steel support beams...

Also. Construction begins summer 2018.
Ok... so you are talking about the exoskeleton used to support the roof, not the roof itself.

Could Lax play at NBT Bank Stadium?

When NBT was built 20 years ago, there were plans to hold HS football, soccer, and LAX games.

When grass was installed in 2008, the outfield walls were reconfigured. I don'think there's enough room now.

Ok... so you are talking about the exoskeleton used to support the roof, not the roof itself.
Yes. 6:20 in press conference. They said that , for example, they are going to make sure it looks special when coming down 81.. The finished product may have a different facade. (Not just the support beams) They used louvres as an example...

It's a structural rendering.

Yes. 6:20 in press conference. They said that , for example, they are going to make sure it looks special when coming down 81.. The finished product may have a different facade. (Not just the support beams) They used louvres as an example...

It's a structural rendering.
I'm prepared for the worst so my expectations will be met......:(

Steel erection begins May, 2019...

He said "steel erection"...:rolling: Not me.

So 1 year for the outer support. 4 months for the middle.

So does this transparent part of the roof not allow heat to come through?? Just thinking AC comes in 2022... Hopefully not at the cost of two seasons in a hotbox lol.

What a colossal expense. This is a major investment by a private university for basically a new roof on a facility with the same footprint and seating capacity. The CFB arms race knows no bounds. As a fan I'm in favor of it, but Holy Macaroni.

The evolution of sports arenas is like outfitting a new automobile. In the 60s base car models came with 3 on the tree, rubber floor mats, hub caps and no radio. Now (with few exceptions) you can't find a new car w/o AT, PW, PDL, CC, CD etc, etc. I still can't believe the Kingdome, Pontiac Silverdome, 3 Rivers Stadium, Original Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands, Shea and other once modern stadiums have come and gone.

I'm satisfied with less, but I grew up in an analog era. In the 80s, when I lived in CA, I used to call my dad and listen to the games long distance over the phone while he placed the receiver near a radio tuned to WSYR 570 on your dial. I sat on wet concrete in Archbold Stadium to see Art Monk score 2 rushing TDs against BC in 77. Not saying I want to go back to those days, just noting how far we've come technologically and how demanding we continue to be. I don't need any ad-filled ribbon, crystalline public address system, rapid Wi-Fi, improved concessions, replay boards or seat backs to sway me to go to a game. I do appreciate them though - except for the ads.

In any event, man oh man, would a bowl game this year be a glorious, well-earned bonanza.

So does this transparent part of the roof not allow heat to come through?? Just thinking AC comes in 2022... Hopefully not at the cost of two seasons in a hotbox lol.
I am sure some heat will come through with sunlight but the hard part of the roof will be insulated and there will be an ability to open up the vents and even doors to allow for a draft and heat to escape.

What a colossal expense. This is a major investment by a private university for basically a new roof on a facility with the same footprint and seating capacity. The CFB arms race knows no bounds. As a fan I'm in favor of it, but Holy Macaroni.

The evolution of sports arenas is like outfitting a new automobile. In the 60s base car models came with 3 on the tree, rubber floor mats, hub caps and no radio. Now (with few exceptions) you can't find a new car w/o AT, PW, PDL, CC, CD etc, etc. I still can't believe the Kingdome, Pontiac Silverdome, 3 Rivers Stadium, Original Giants Stadium in the Meadowlands, Shea and other once modern stadiums have come and gone.

I'm satisfied with less, but I grew up in an analog era. In the 80s, when I lived in CA, I used to call my dad and listen to the games long distance over the phone while he placed the receiver near a radio tuned to WSYR 570 on your dial. I sat on wet concrete in Archbold Stadium to see Art Monk score 2 rushing TDs against BC in 77. Not saying I want to go back to those days, just noting how far we've come technologically and how demanding we continue to be. I don't need any ad-filled ribbon, crystalline public address system, rapid Wi-Fi, improved concessions, replay boards or seat backs to sway me to go to a game. I do appreciate them though - except for the ads.

In any event, man oh man, would a bowl game this year be a glorious, well-earned bonanza.

I would agree that most of these improvements don’t matter to me. I know they needed to do the roof, so that’s cool that it’s getting done. AC will be nice for those early season games. The other things don’t do much for me, personally. I’m there to watch the game. I rarely eat at the Dome, I’ve got unlimited data, I like the troughs because I just want to get in and out as quickly as possible, and scoreboards and lighting and sound system...cool, I guess. We’ll see if they actually make use of it effectively. If it makes a difference to other people, then it’s a good thing.

I may have missed it...are they doing anything about the seating so that there’s actually room to sit in your purchased seat? It’s jammed in there when everyone in your row shows up.

You think ESPN is going to do a feature on the new roof at the Carrier Dome?
No, but they might do a feature on the new roof of the Dome.

Last edited:
We need NJCuse97's input on this. I get that they've released only a digital sketch. But the more I look at it I can't figure out how the inward- facing hoop concept works (weight in the center supported by cables) without an equal or greater force pulling outward.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom