Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

You can pry those troughs out of my cold dead hands.Don’t you dare make me wait in line to pee.

I emailed Wildhack today to suggest selling or auctioning pieces of current roof when it comes down. I know I would want one, and it’s an opportunity to make some money toward the reno.

We need @NYCuse97's input on this. I get that they've released only a digital sketch. But the more I look at it I can't figure out how the inward- facing hoop concept works (weight in the center supported by cables) without an equal or greater force pulling outward.
I was thinking of that...but then again the engineers and architects hired by SU probably have too :)

We need @NYCuse97's input on this. I get that they've released only a digital sketch. But the more I look at it I can't figure out how the inward- facing hoop concept works (weight in the center supported by cables) without an equal or greater force pulling outward.
I think you mean NJCuse97

Steel erection begins May, 2019...

He said "steel erection"...:rolling: Not me.

So 1 year for the outer support. 4 months for the middle.
Not necessarily a year. They may want to erect the steel when the Dome is not in use. They may be looking at a 4 month time frame for both.

some of you are blowing the ugly thing out of proportion.

Not sure why they released that but it's about the worst rendering possible. it'll look much better
Because it is a structural rendering of the support system for the new roof. I think it's interesting that you don't see anywhere on the rendering who the architectural firm is on this project. I don't think it is the same one that did the other renderings.

Because it is a structural rendering of the support system for the new roof. I think it's interesting that you don't see anywhere on the rendering who the architectural firm is on this project. I don't think it is the same one that did the other renderings.

Remind, if you can, who was the original?

Ugh yeah that top rendering is so much more attractive. Sigh. Oh well.

And soooo much more expensive, harder to do and would likely have cost us a home season of football and maybe basketball.

I think it was Populous

Yea that’s it. I was having one of those senior moment memory blocks. I had heard they got booted. Screwed up the drawings and designs of some things and not just the Dome.

Last edited:
You can pry those troughs out of my cold dead hands.Don’t you dare make me wait in line to pee.

I emailed Wildhack today to suggest selling or auctioning pieces of current roof when it comes down. I know I would want one, and it’s an opportunity to make some money toward the reno.

The pee troughs are gone. The 2022 completion phase.

Yea that’s it. I was having one of those senior moment memory blocks. I had heard they got booted. Screwed up the drawings and designs of some things and not just the Dome.
I'm wondering if this is the folks that just did that very nice building for the Naval Academy...HKS.

Not necessarily a year. They may want to erect the steel when the Dome is not in use. They may be looking at a 4 month time frame for both.
3 minute mark of press conference. Steel erection will begin in May 2019.

I'm wondering if this is the folks that just did that very nice building for the Naval Academy...HKS.

Not sure. I’m not even 100% sure populus got completely booted. We’ll eventually hear I would think.

So does this transparent part of the roof not allow heat to come through?? Just thinking AC comes in 2022... Hopefully not at the cost of two seasons in a hotbox lol.
Why would you think that?

how-to-fry-ants.jpg

They mention lighting to enhance team entrances etc... I hope this is a big LED spectacle. While some football recruits may like the dome... Its smaller than other venues. Add a recruit package, to show them what it can do, and the dome wow factor, could go through the roof...

Show it to them in the day, then blow their minds, at night. ;)

They mention lighting to enhance team entrances etc... I hope this is a big LED spectacle. While some football recruits may like the dome... Its smaller than other venues. Add a recruit package, to show them what it can do, and the dome wow factor, could go through the roof...

Show it to them in the day, then blow their minds, at night. ;)
I would think these guys have a vested interest to do it for a good price

High Performance LED Lighting Solutions for Sports Venues and Industrial Facilities | Ephesus Lighting

I would be shocked if they aren't the lighting company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom