Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Probably an idiotic idea but I was thinking how great it would be to see 3D (halogram type) projections of our SU legends (Brown, Davis, Csonka, Mackey, Monk etc and Bing, Pearl, Sherman, Owens, DC etc) coming out on the court(field) during pregame before the team enters. Ok I’m probably hallucinating
business-commerce-outside_the_box-think-strategic_planning-innovation-liberal-aton5148_low.jpg

Probably an idiotic idea but I was thinking how great it would be to see 3D (halogram type) projections of our SU legends (Brown, Davis, Csonka, Mackey, Monk etc and Bing, Pearl, Sherman, Owens, DC etc) coming out on the court(field) during pregame before the team enters. Ok I’m probably hallucinating
I'm fine with a spectacle of a light show.. But you'd be surprised what's possible.

Will they be auctioning off the pee troughs, could be a good fundraising opportunity.
Well, I guess you could put a grate on it and make it a backyard grill. :rolling:

They were definitely a small company pre-buyout, but they did the Super Bowl lighting at University of Phoenix Stadium, among other major projects, before they were bought out. $22 million in sales the year before the buyout. Not a huge company, but seemingly large enough to afford a box at the Dome, especially if it were in exchange for business.
They did the lights for the new stadium in Minneapolis and are doing the next 2 Super Bowl stadiums as well. I think they are doing pretty well.

Syracuse company will light up the next 3 Super Bowls

Unfortunately, a real hologram can only currently be 60cm high..

It would be idiotic for both parties not to do this locally together.

Ephesus was a small company before the buyout...not sure they would've done that. That said Eaton would be nuts not to do everything to win this contract. It would be the equivalent of Trane winning the HVAC contract over Carrier for the Dome. Eaton if smart goes to SU and asks them to use the Carrier Dome as a test bed for future sports lighting treatments. Crouse-Hinds and Ephesus (both Eaton companies) could provide quite a bit of the electrical luminaires and electrical product for the renovation.

If Musco does win...SU should name request GoCuse14 to be the on site rep.
This is true. Crouse-Hinds is a company with long term major historic ties to Syracuse University. Its founder was Huntington Beard Crouse, who has a hall named for him on campus (HB Crouse Hall). Crouse-Hinds was also a major sponsor for the building of Hinds Hall and Crouse Hinds Hall on campus.

We should go all Westworld and have robotic "hosts" of Brown, Davis, DC, etc... to interact with the fans.

They must have some money set aside, or at the very least assurances. We are being told that the funds are there and already allocated for lighting.

Thank you for your insights GoCuse14

I'm sure this will be a naive/dumb question... We know the phase 1 allocation is 118 million. Most of that is the roof. Can you guesstimate the cost of a state of the art LED system for the Dome? Or, is that aiming too high? I'm sure there multifaceted factors. I'm just looking for a general sense of what could be done.

I'm sure this will be a naive/dumb question... We know the phase 1 allocation is 118 million. Most of that is the roof. Can you guesstimate the cost of a state of the art LED system for the Dome? Or, is that aiming too high? I'm sure there multifaceted factors. I'm just looking for a general sense of what could be done.

I will have to see what I can do to get a rough estimate as I am not privy to that information. We are about to start installation at Lambeau Field next week and a co-worker is going to that project so I may be able to get something out of him, but it wont be until tomorrow. I have a ball park guestimate but do not want to be way off.

said at the presser yesterday the roof was 67 million

Ok...anyone know if more Stadium West Lots will be taken away and used for a building in the next 5-7 years? I figure the lot just south of Stadium Lot (where the old apartment houses stood) will be fenced off for construction related stuff the next 4 years.

Last edited:
Pee troughs as window planters.

And the pedal sinks as kegerators. Imagine you and your friends standing around that thing, and foot pedaling your way to a foamy frosty brew!!

This is true. Crouse-Hinds is a company with long term major historic ties to Syracuse University. Its founder was Huntington Beard Crouse, who has a hall named for him on campus (HB Crouse Hall). Crouse-Hinds was also a major sponsor for the building of Hinds Hall and Crouse Hinds Hall on campus.

Crouse Hinds was also a major benefactor to the dome with all interior lighting at near cost and a $1M gift to the university to supplement what I believe was the $5M grant from Carrier in exchange for the naming rights. C-H used to pay for children’s productions at the Hotel Syracuse around Christmas time with entertainment and free children’s gifts up to age 10 or 12 back in the 60’s and 70’s. It is too bad that the corporate globalist UTC bought the company shortly thereafter and brought an end to a great local company who was a throwback good local corporate citizen and promoted good will for our community through its generosity.

In order to further support its employees and Syracuse University, Crouse Hinds would pay for any student tuition costs to attend SU 100% as long as the student received at least a B or C in the class. (I can’t remember which! LOL!)

Those are sinks? I thought they were large drinking fountains.
They should just raise the troughs, install faucets and turn them into the sinks. Problem solved.

Well, I guess you could put a grate on it and make it a backyard grill. :rolling:

Similar to what I suggested a while back, but then use them as the official grill(s) for the Fine Mess tailgate.

While I am fine with the troughs, when I go into other stadiums, I find no issue with urinals. Just saying. Maybe we just need to accept this and we will all forget about the troughs soon enough.

While I am fine with the troughs, when I go into other stadiums, I find no issue with urinals. Just saying. Maybe we just need to accept this and we will all forget about the troughs soon enough.

How dare you, sir!

Or 3D projection system..

That’s INSANE!!!! I’ve never seen anything like that before.

Would love to see that technology projected on the Dome field/court and especially on the roof for night games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom