Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

This is how much light the new roof will let in.
917860.jpg

I relistened to the press conference. This summer, there will be work on wifi, mobility, concessions, restrooms...

Sorry trough lovers. It's entirely possible that you've enjoyed the last slow river of 20 men's urine, gently rolling past you in the loo...

Although, I would suspect this summer's restroom work would be infrastructure. Either that, or select restrooms, one at a time.

Sorry trough lovers. It's entirely possible that you've enjoyed the last slow river of 20 men's urine, gently rolling past you in the loo...

Although, I would suspect this summer's restroom work would be infrastructure. Either that, or select restrooms, one at a time.
I wonder if they will wait on some bathrooms? If they plan on blowing out walls down the road those bathrooms might be in the way. I say "might be in the way" but they might just build out and leave the bathrooms in the same spots.

Maybe work on ones not going to be changed in later part of master plan? Since I’m sure they have total master plan done before any construction begins sinc no point in upgrading something that will be Demolished in a few years

I always picked the corner at the top of the hill... not a fan of the lazy river scene... and always had some startup issues without the extra privacy.

I always picked the corner at the top of the hill... not a fan of the lazy river scene... and always had some startup issues without the extra privacy.
Grab a beer, and some floaties... Come on in. The waters fine!

While I appreciate, and respect the utilitarians point of view... It's very far off the societal norms. I remember as an 8 year old at Yankee stadium... They had troughs, only other time I've ever seen them. If memory serves, you lined up on both sides, so you had a few handfuls staring back at you. I remember that, and a couple Reggie Jackson home runs. Would have preferred, just the latter for a memory. Cuse system was better, but societal norms are also a factor..

Sister had an Italian exchange student.. Didn't know what toilet paper was. She asked, "if it was on your hands, would you wipe your hands with paper towels, or would you wash them?" She's right. Societal norms play a big role. I'll be happy to see the troughs go, and actual sinks so guys aren't pissing in them...

I wonder if they will wait on some bathrooms? If they plan on blowing out walls down the road those bathrooms might be in the way. I say "might be in the way" but they might just build out and leave the bathrooms in the same spots.
Pete Sala said the work this summer on concessions and bathrooms is going to focus on taking space in the end zones originally reserved for meeting rooms, and converting it into bathrooms and more space for concessions.

There are no bathrooms on the east and west ends of the building, and limited space for concessions. Major design flaw from day one. This is more finding a way to better use the space they already have than addressing existing bathrooms and concession areas. I think the troughs will survive until at least 2020.

No one “enjoys” a trough. But I’m there for a game, and I don’t care if I have to pea in a community coffee can, just get me in and out most efficiently and get me back to the action. If the new system does that, then I won’t miss the troughs.

Still think they’d make great window planters.
40D1C4EF-8D1A-4745-957B-50F1BBB43A11.png

honestly they could put up some stainless steel dividers and provide some privacy and still get much of the same functionality and use of space.

its better than cornells bathroom that uses 4ft floor urinals so you dont get the privacy and you also get people peeing on your feet..

The Dome was constructed prior to the Americans Disability Act so now any renovations of bathrooms or seating the university will have to follow the design standards of the ADA, just as they are doing in the renovation of The Arch.
2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
In NY as in most places, the applicable code is ANSI 117.1. Same difference.

All I know is the most comfortable I have been during a long athletic event was in Scranton watching the Railriders. Individual seats with cup holders on the back of the seat in front of you. Just a great experience. Also, the audio was as clear as a bell. Oh yeah...I am a big guy...6'5, 295.
Let's hear from your neighbors next lol

Just happened to go by the Dome today: numerous big construction trucks going up and down Forestry Drive as well as an excavator digging near Gate A.

Sorry, no pics today. Maybe next time

Just happened to go by the Dome today: numerous big construction trucks going up and down Forestry Drive as well as an excavator digging near Gate A.

A lot of work going on behind the Dome at the Arch. Probably why the trucks. No idea about the Gate A excavating. Maybe new plants and trees? :)

It's a different scene up there:
This is looking almost due west from Flanagan toward the Dome. Archbold's been reduced to the original wing and the shell of the gym area. The skybridge is now connected to...sky.

A lot of work going on behind the Dome at the Arch. Probably why the trucks. No idea about the Gate A excavating. Maybe new plants and trees? :)
Is that the entrances they were going to make more ADA compliant? Or am I misremembering.

Is that the entrances they were going to make more ADA compliant? Or am I misremembering.

Probably since that is where the handicap buses stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom