Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I think swimming was ended long before Gross. I remember it being discussed at length in the mid nineties with the first wave of Title IX guts that saw the wrestling program end.

I could have sworn I remember the disbanding of the swimming and diving program being discussed on the predecessor to this board. As I recall we even had a "swim parent" participating in the forum discussion. That would have been early 2000's maybe? On the other hand, maybe it was all a dream?

I think swimming was ended long before Gross. I remember it being discussed at length in the mid nineties with the first wave of Title IX guts that saw the wrestling program end.
I could have sworn I remember the disbanding of the swimming and diving program being discussed on the predecessor to this board. As I recall we even had a "swim parent" participating in the forum discussion. That would have been early 2000's maybe? On the other hand, maybe it was all a dream?
The program ended in 2011.

The program ended in 2011.
I read that, but I guess I am surprised. I remember we had two good Eastern European athletes. One swimming and one diving. I remember battling Pitt as they were the best in the BigEast then (1992-1993?). I remember an uproar that swimming was being considered. I guess I didn’t realize it hung on that long. My ultimate point was that Jake thought about doing it for 10-15 years prior to Gross.

“a brand new Olympic size pool”
I call BS on that statement.

SU/Gross ditched the swimming program because the school did not have an Olympic sized pool and funding to build such a facility could not be found. While the new pool may be nicer than the previous incarnation, there’s no way that it will be Olympic sized (50m long).
To be fair, SU swimming was killed in ~‘07. True world has changed a lot since then.

Thanks Mark. I love the live cameras of the construction on campus. I stared at that IPF camera action for hours. Yes I am a nerd.
Camera has been down for over a week.

I agree. the former Mayor had many faults - questioning the Governor and County Exec on "sign this quick, trust me this a great deal" proposals was not one of them. I wonder how the new Mayor would have handled the same situation.

I trust Lyle Lanley more than Cuomo and Joanie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom