Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Does Disabilities Act (ADA)-related accessibility and mobility elements mean elevators and escalators.

I think it specifically mean elevators. One of the articles or letter mentioned an ADA compliant elevator. If the Dome remains permanent, I expect in a later phase to include escalators too.

Dear Carrier -

I hope you're saving your dollars from moving all those jobs out of country because you're gonna have to pay up to keep your name on The Dome.

The writing is on the wall... your name is coming off the building... tick, tick, tick...
Is there any way that this doesn't end up in court? Even if Carrier paid for the AC system to keep the name, it seems like we'd be making the same mistake again and 20 years from now we'd be looking back wonder what we were thinking making such a bad deal again. I have no idea what cost of an AC system is but I'd imagine that it's less than 40 year naming rights.

Seems like a solid, fiscally responsible decision that addresses the most immediate needs and offers solutions for the future.

I think they're getting a lot for $118M.

As for the outside appearance...eh...big deal. But I also first thought of a roller coaster when I saw the rendition. Maybe the Orange Express can be added and it can circle the dome after every TD.
I’d like to hear more about it but it seems like the snow would just pile on top.

It's not about tastes...it's about $$s. It was a big driver in the design.
I think my issue with the design is not the same as others. I’d like to understand the bubbly feature in the middle. The rollercoaster stuff is fine

Is there any way that this doesn't end up in court? Even if Carrier paid for the AC system to keep the name, it seems like we'd be making the same mistake again and 20 years from now we'd be looking back wonder what we were thinking making such a bad deal again. I have no idea what cost of an AC system is but I'd imagine that it's less than 40 year naming rights.
Why just AC. United Technologies owns a lot of other companies including Otis..the folks that manufacture elevators and escalators. There are a lot of mechanicals that they can offer besides money.

Great news! while the rendering itself looks be poor, I have no doubt that the final product will be awesome. Plus, think of all the publicity it will get when it's done, particularly from ESPN.

You think ESPN is going to do a feature on the new roof at the Carrier Dome?

Just popping in on this... I'm excited we finally have movement towards something, even if it doesnt seem perfect. A couple questions though

1- It doesnt seem that they are doing much if anything to widen or enlarge the concourse / concession areas. Am I reading that right? I see "improved concession experience" but I am wondering if this is more about lighter, brighter areas and more options and less about the larger, open spaces that the more modern arenas are doing
2- Is the fact that I have heard ZERO about this a good clue that we are no where close to getting rid of the bench seats?
3- Are the trough toilets going away? That would be nice.
4- I wonder if the fact we have a fixed roof will allow for a basketball conversion that is a little cleaner...

Love the fact that the center scoreboard is going to be on a swivel.

Where does this announcement stand on our expectations scale? Were we expecting more? Expecting less? Just about enough to keep us happy?

I
I think my issue with the design is not the same as others. I’d like to understand the bubbly feature in the middle. The rollercoaster stuff is fine
I think we'll get used to the roof but like I said earlier - would be real nice to have it softly glow orange at night.

Why just AC. United Technologies owns a lot of other companies including Otis..the folks that manufacture elevators and escalators. There are a lot of mechanicals that they can offer besides money.
Even better. The point still stands. What is the value of 40 year naming rights vs. what Carrier can contribute for free to keep their name on the building?

Even better. The point still stands. What is the value of 40 year naming rights vs. what Carrier can contribute for free to keep their name on the building?
I think the question is what is they university asking from Carrier, or United Technologies, to keep their name on the building, not necessarily what is the worth of naming rights.

From Brent Axe:

"Syracuse officials dodged my question about whether the building will still be considered a Dome and if Carrier will still have naming rights going forward. There will be lawyers."

It is still referred to as The Dome in all communications, including the alumni mailing. Carrier is on notice and SU looks like they are ready to take this to trial if need be.

Restroom renovation stage 2.

The renderings are structural. They haven't decided what to do on the facade of the support beams, yet.

(It's all in the press conference)

Just a guess but it might be stronger for snow on top with the bubbles. The top will get the most stress from snow since it would be otherwise pretty flat there.

Just popping in on this... I'm excited we finally have movement towards something, even if it doesnt seem perfect. A couple questions though

1- It doesnt seem that they are doing much if anything to widen or enlarge the concourse / concession areas. Am I reading that right? I see "improved concession experience" but I am wondering if this is more about lighter, brighter areas and more options and less about the larger, open spaces that the more modern arenas are doing
2- Is the fact that I have heard ZERO about this a good clue that we are no where close to getting rid of the bench seats?
3- Are the trough toilets going away? That would be nice.
4- I wonder if the fact we have a fixed roof will allow for a basketball conversion that is a little cleaner...

Love the fact that the center scoreboard is going to be on a swivel.

1 - They cannot blow out the walls with the current roof. I would think that any concourse widening would be in phase 2 or 3.

2. Probably a phase 2 project as well

3. I can't imagine the troughs go away fully - but we shall see

4. Basketball conversion? You mean changeover?

Important question: Will we still get blown out of the building when we exit with the new roof?
th

Unanswered: Does this mean the current bubble gets deflated in may 2020 and they are planning to put up the new hard top in 4 months?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom