Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I think they want an extra two months to put up the roof. I think they have to start the steel this spring if they want to do the roof next spring.
What kind of erections are we talking? Will we see those crab legs on top of the roofline in 2019 or is this just going to be foundation work?

Lax just became an outdoor sport again.
And very predictable, I knew it was impractical to start in May. Hopefully, Lax can play down South for several games early.

And very predictable, I knew it was impractical to start in May. Hopefully, Lax can play down South for several games early.

Didn't they start with seven home games this year?

Was that the tradeoff to start the other way in 2020?

2020 is UVa, Hop, Duke and Cornell on the road anyways.
So, as per usual, play Army and Albany in February. And add Colgate and Hobart. Then at UVa & Hop in March. That's half the schedule right there. ND and UNC could be played at C-NS (worked well for Duke).

So, as per usual, play Army and Albany in February. And add Colgate and Hobart. Then at UVa & Hop in March. That's half the schedule right there. ND and UNC could be played at C-NS (worked well for Duke).
I believe the Albany game will be played April 5 in Albany.

Ok...so this was the original "start"
“We’ll start steel erection around May of 2019,” Sala said at the time. “That will happen throughout the year outside of the existing stadium. It won’t impact anything that goes on inside the building. From May of 2020 to mid-to-late September of 2020 we’ll construct that roof so we won’t lose a single football, basketball or lacrosse game.”

So did they say anything about the steel erection changing?

The Dome without a roof still has no real drainage, correct? That could create quite the sight on a rainy day.
This is correct. It is a flat surface, no drainage. In addition, construction sites are not safe places for large crowds. For all you quad fans, it snowed the night before commencement in 1996. May have been hell freezing over because I finally got that date I wanted, but it is possible.

Extremely disappointing to not have Commencement in the Dome if they can't find a way to do so. The War Memorial is a dump.

Use the OnCenter instead. It's very nice.

This is correct. It is a flat surface, no drainage. In addition, construction sites are not safe places for large crowds. For all you quad fans, it snowed the night before commencement in 1996. May have been hell freezing over because I finally got that date I wanted, but it is possible.
Obviously blinded by the snow. :cool:

Last edited:
If they use the Amp; do they have to pay Live Nation for the space? Can they get all families and grads under the shed?

They had almost 3000 this year and next year we’ll be better.

top 10 team potentially so hopefully we just find another location locally vs hosting elsewhere. I’d suggest Rochester or Albany over going on the road (if we had to). Though Albany may be a men’s site next year right?

Manley doesn’t work for b-ball anymore.

Use the OnCenter instead. It's very nice.
This would be logical choice. Too much risk with weather to host outside. You would need a contingency backup plan and make the call the day before given crowd size.

Though the visual of hosting on Quad would be cool. But you’d have to protect the grass with that number of people.

If they use the Amp; do they have to pay Live Nation for the space? Can they get all families and grads under the shed?

I don't know if the county could arrange for some discounted use outside of the promotion/management deal, but I think they can. The problem is your second question - not enough room in the formal seating area, and SU's not going to subject parents to lawn seats in May.

Quad's probably the solution, they'll lay down a hard floor over the grass/mud and use the chapel as a backdrop. Nice spot, all things considered, assuming Mother Nature cooperates.

I would assume they would have to rent it out but it is possible the country and SU could come to an agreement where they don't.

Amp seats roughly 5k under the roof so I doubt everyone would fit under. My understanding is the County owns it, another company manages it, Live Nation has the contract to book concerts. Who SU would go to out of that jumble, no idea. I went for Liverpool's HS graduation there last year, it was nice but not sure it would work for a large college commencement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom