Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

I’ll never understand how city leadership allowed a few idiots to obstruct the building of a new facility. The war memorial facelift is lipstick on a pig.

It was the city leadership that put the breaks on the downtown facility (with good reason - it was an Onondaga County pushed project, designed with no parking, no infrastructure and no annual budget for operations).

I totally agree with you on the War Memorial.

Why not the War Memorial or OCC?

I hope the women do go to occ for hosting ncaa games if we get the opportunity. I like that facility a lot.

Ok...so this was the original "start"
“We’ll start steel erection around May of 2019,” Sala said at the time. “That will happen throughout the year outside of the existing stadium. It won’t impact anything that goes on inside the building. From May of 2020 to mid-to-late September of 2020 we’ll construct that roof so we won’t lose a single football, basketball or lacrosse game.”

So did they say anything about the steel erection changing?
So looks like they start things this may as originally planned, but yeah the new roof itself won't go on until next spring. They will construct the outer frame skeleton including pounding and placing very deep down stansions all around the dome.

The cranes they will be bringing in and using for this will be the biggest in the history of any Syracuse construction project (ever!), (something like 2,000,000 pounds/1000 ton cranes). This because this is not a from scratch project where they can have access from inside, but rather the cranes will need to be big enough, tall enough, strong enough, and supportive enough to lean over the top of the current structure.

Something like 28 wide loader 18 wheeler tractor trailers will be needed to bring in the parts for each crane that will then be constructed on site which will take weeks in itself just to put them together. This is going to be one hell of a project.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
So looks like they start things this may as originally planned, but yeah the new roof itself won't go on until next spring. They will construct the outer frame skeleton including pounding and placing very deep down stansions all around the dome.

The cranes they will be bringing in and using for this will be the biggest in the history of any Syracuse construction project (ever!), (something like 2,000,000 pounds/1000 ton cranes). This because this is not a from scratch project where they can have access from inside, but rather the cranes will need to be big enough, tall enough, strong enough, and supportive enough to lean over the top of the current structure.

Something like 28 wide loader 18 wheeler tractor trailers will be needed to bring in the parts for each crane that will then be constructed on site which will take weeks in itself just to put them together. This is going to be one hell of a project.
View attachment 158642View attachment 158643
The real start to me is the most exciting part of this. When it happens, we can finally say it is really happening. The structure and then the roof will change the skyline once again...another exciting time. I recall the first one. I went for a run that, in part, when up the Lincoln Park round top where I could get a good view. I thought it was awesome that first day inflated.

That's a very retro44 post.

How do these things not tear up any road they are transported on?

How do these things not tear up any road they are transported on?
When assembled or in transport? They arrive in pieces on many trailers with multiple axles to distribute weight.

When onsite, they're typically on what are called crane mats - giant mats of hardwood to spread the load. If you look in the picture above the crane mats are visible under the tracks.

So is the AD going to sell framed squares of the current roof?
I emailed ADJW about a year ago when things really started moving. I know for certain I want one, but it needs to be affordable for some of us. Maybe different size pieces? Maybe an auction style? A definite way to fundraise some money on an item that’s otherwise scrap.
He thought it was a great idea, and said he would have to give this one some thought.

I emailed ADJW about a year ago when things really started moving. I know for certain I want one, but it needs to be affordable for some of us. Maybe different size pieces? Maybe an auction style? A definite way to fundraise some money on an item that’s otherwise scrap.
He thought it was a great idea, and said he would have to give this one some thought.
I want a mini Dome roof for my yard now.
My wife and neighbors may hate it but I bet the other dads will love it!

the comment section on Syracuse.com never disappoints :rolleyes:

The comments when they post the articles on their Facebook page aren't exactly the type of insight you find on here most of the time either.

the comment section on Syracuse.com never disappoints :rolleyes:

We have some real ignorant clowns for fans. They are an embarrassment. They don't read the article, they just want to moan and groan as if they have any knowledge how any of this works. I give SU credit for bringing people in to do modeling tests of what the lighting would be like during a day bball and fball game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom