Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 131 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

What is needed is to blow out the walls between the buildings and connect them.

We need a greatly expanded concourse on the East side of the dome. The east side of the dome will be the easiest side to do.

Creating a simple path would be a great waste and it will inevitably need to be ripped up when the concourse is eventually expanded.

In the days of Archbold Stadium, I believe the locker rooms for the stadium were in Archbold Gym and there was a tunnel in the basement of Archbold Gym that led to the player entrance of the stadium. There was a metal circular staircase from the locker rooms that led down to the tunnel.

This would, in a way, recreate history.

It’s quite simple our lawyers realized what we all have been saying.
If you knock down a wall to a current structure and rebuild it that structure is new.
If all you do is replace worn parts on a structure it’s the same but tearing something down and “rebuilding” extinguishes the Carrier contract if they tried to sue.

What is needed is to blow out the walls between the buildings and connect them.

We need a greatly expanded concourse on the East side of the dome. The east side of the dome will be the easiest side to do.

Creating a simple path would be a great waste and it will inevitably need to be ripped up when the concourse is eventually expanded.

In the days of Archbold Stadium, I believe the locker rooms for the stadium were in Archbold Gym and there was a tunnel in the basement of Archbold Gym that led to the player entrance of the stadium. There was a metal circular staircase from the locker rooms that led down to the tunnel.

This would, in a way, recreate history.
Maybe this isn't the plan, then? Why would they accept such a large donation for this if the plan is to blow it up anyway in a couple years?

Maybe this isn't the plan, then? Why would they accept such a large donation for this if the plan is to blow it up anyway in a couple years?
I would agree that the connection is an attempt to create a seamless space between the 2 venues. That would require blowing out some of the wall space I would think.

I just hope this isn’t all they plan for the concourses.
I would agree that the connection is an attempt to create a seamless space between the 2 venues. That would require blowing out some of the wall space I would think.

I just hope this isn’t all they plan for the concourses.
We all share that hope. One thing to remember is that Kent had expressed a desire to "open up" the stadium which presumably implies more than 1 side. Another thing to consider is the design aesthetic. The new truss and roof will create an unsightly contrast with the concrete. Something needs to be done eventually. And I think there are different ways to expand the concourses, some more expensive than others. I think the most important need is alleviating congestion and there are a number of ways to open that up without tearing out the entire wall. Families with young children or the elderly need to feel safe walking around. Everything else is a bonus.

I think the most important need is alleviating congestion and there are a number of ways to open that up without tearing out the entire wall. Families with young children or the elderly need to feel safe walking around. Everything else is a bonus.

Like this 1000x. Walking the concourse at halftime of any big game is a nightmare.

But aside from the inconvenience, the university loses lots of money from people NOT going to buy concessions because of the lines and the congestion in the hallways (to say nothing of the poor quality of what's on offer).

My first game in the Dome this year and hoping they make major improvements to the PA/sound system for we couldn’t really hear well sitting in section 113.

My first game in the Dome this year and hoping they make major improvements to the PA/sound system for we couldn’t really hear well sitting in section 113.

this is part of phase 1 with the roof upgrades

We all share that hope. One thing to remember is that Kent had expressed a desire to "open up" the stadium which presumably implies more than 1 side. Another thing to consider is the design aesthetic. The new truss and roof will create an unsightly contrast with the concrete. Something needs to be done eventually.
What is unsightly? It's concrete and a white roof... like it has been since it was built.
1573823249993.png

What is unsightly? It's concrete and a white roof... like it has been since it was built.
View attachment 172845
Not sure it looks "good" but it does not look bad to me...and it is what it is. They are not going to change that. I was responding to "unsightly contrast with the concrete. " There is bare concrete, white trusses, white roof. No difference in contrast to what it is now. I don't see any of that changing nor do I think it would be worth doing much more depending on the extra cost. I'd rather see millions go to functional improvements and millions as in short supply.

I think it’s the non functioning roller coaster he is referring to. How can anyone say that looks good?
Stop complaining! everything they do to try to make the dome look better certain people just complain about it! please be thankful that they’re putting all this money into dome stadium whatever you wanna call it to make us more competitive

Damn, wish they had that when I was at SU. This is awesome
I assume that is Tennity with that temporary surface installed over the ice?

Nope, definitely not Tennity, the surface is too small. That's at the Arch.

Im not sure that’s the arch. The arch has a b-ball court but I don’t know if a hockey/soccer type thing.

Im not sure that’s the arch. The arch has a b-ball court but I don’t know if a hockey/soccer type thing.
The tweet from Coach McIntyre says it's the Arch.
BSxJwBfx_normal.jpeg

Ian McIntyre @IanSMcIntyre
It was great to change up practice a little today with a Futsal match in the new (+ very impressive) Barnes Center at the Arch.

The tweet from Coach McIntyre says it's the Arch.
BSxJwBfx_normal.jpeg

Ian McIntyre @IanSMcIntyre
It was great to change up practice a little today with a Futsal match in the new (+ very impressive) Barnes Center at the Arch.

Don’t know where that is in the Barnes center. Wonder if part of the b-ball facility can be modified?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom