Future Campus Framework Discussion | Page 149 | Syracusefan.com

Future Campus Framework Discussion

Wasn't there some talk just before the pandemic of SU/VA starting a medical school for VA hospitals, Indian health programs, etc.?

Wasn't there some talk just before the pandemic of SU/VA starting a medical school for VA hospitals, Indian health programs, etc.?
Whether there was or not, that sounds like a good idea.

I forgot about that...the location is very good then. This could be their future classroom building.

Wasn't a big Acropolis fan but sad to see a local place close for another chain restaurant

They need to buy and tear down that strip of old crappy buildings on Marshall. I think Dave Jacobs own two of them.

Wasn't that going to happen with the Varsity at one point?

The building housing the Varsity has been better maintained. But just the economics of the neighborhood indicate that something bigger and taller will use that real estate eventually.

The building housing the Varsity has been better maintained. But just the economics of the neighborhood indicate that something bigger and taller will use that real estate eventually.

Gotcha, and I agree it would be nice to tear down those old buildings and rebuild

Wasn't a big Acropolis fan but sad to see a local place close for another chain restaurant

It wasn't a place to go every night but best greasy slice you could get on campus and change of pace from other options. Hate seeing a chain go on. Plus it just was a staple on Marshall. Feel like Marshall becomes less and less familiar every year.

Ahh the Red Barn...very underrated for cheap food
I think in Syracuse, Carrols and Red Barn were the dominant fast food chains through the 1970s. There were a few McDonalds and a few Burger Kings but i think Carrols and Red Barn dominated.

The first business I remember that occupied the space where Acropolis is now was Carrols. I think when they closed down, Red Barn took it over. That happened to many Carrols locations in CNY.

Red Barn Theme Song 1970

Red Barn Restaurants Jingle

Red Barn Commercial (Loni Anderson, 1977)

Red Barn Family Restaurants 1979 TV commercial

Red Barn restaurants classic tv commercial

I think in Syracuse, Carrols and Red Barn were the dominant fast food chains through the 1970s. There were a few McDonalds and a few Burger Kings but i think Carrols and Red Barn dominated.

The first business I remember that occupied the space where Acropolis is now was Carrols. I think when they closed down, Red Barn took it over. That happened to many Carrols locations in CNY.

Red Barn Theme Song 1970

Red Barn Restaurants Jingle

Red Barn Commercial (Loni Anderson, 1977)

Red Barn Family Restaurants 1979 TV commercial

Red Barn restaurants classic tv commercial

Carrolls Corp owned all the Burger Kings in Syracuse,

Red Barn was on Crouse and it became Bruggers Bagels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online