Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems more of ND type of kid anyway. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.
I'd take an entire roster of ND players. ND has been much more competitive in the ACC than SU since joining the ACC. Pitt and SU have become non-factors since joining the conference.

Records since joining the ACC:
ND - 43-31
Syracuse - 42-30

Huge difference there.

To be fair, they've also won an acc tournament and made the finals in another year.

To be fair, they've also won an acc tournament and made the finals in another year.
I'm not trying to say they haven't been better than us overall over the past few years, theres no arguing that.

Just pointing out that calling us a non-factor since joining the ACC and acting like there is some huge gap between us and Notre Damr is a little bit of hyperbole.

And been so much better the last 3 years after getting settled into the conference. Our only good ACC season was year 1.

The past 3 years, ND is 37-17 in ACC play. We are 28-26. They've gone 6-2 in the ACC Tourney with a title and runner-up. We've yet to win a game.

ND has been much, much, much better than SU in ACC play.

I'm not trying to say they haven't been better than us overall over the past few years, theres no arguing that.

Just pointing out that calling us a non-factor since joining the ACC and acting like there is some huge gap between us and Notre Damr is a little bit of hyperbole.

I buy that.

It's also recency bias a little; our best year and their worst year was the first year in, so it seems like there's more of a discrepancy.

I buy that.

It's also recency bias a little; our best year and their worst year was the first year in, so it seems like there's more of a discrepancy.

A big part of ND's ACC success, is due to the fact that - for better or worse - they generally get "program guys" vs 1-and-dones.
Seems like Bonzie Colson has been there for 6 years already, and he's coming back next year.
Many of their guys RS as Frosh, and then play 4 years, so they are experienced and mature players who know how to run their system.
They seem to roll out a Senior & Junior dominated lineup almost every year.

vs. us - we've had the biggest revolving door of successes and busts, seemingly in program history, over that same time period.

For 2017 we'll have ZERO seniors, and 2 Juniors (Frankie & PC), neither of whom has had a ton of PT, and our best 2 players will likely be the Sophs; Battle and TT.

This can't be true. The coach said the following:
"They've done a really solid job of recruiting him and explaining that he fits in right away for them," Hart said.

and we have visited!

perhaps the panic is just that?

Trust the Process!
Im very happy that the coaches are out there visiting players, but it seems like for every one player we visit other top programs are out there visiting 5. We shouldn't be celebrating that the coaches are out there visiting a player its their job to be doing this, unfortunately it seems like they haven't been doing this enough.

Im very happy that the coaches are out there visiting players, but it seems like for every one player we visit other top programs are out there visiting 5. We shouldn't be celebrating that the coaches are out there visiting a player its their job to be doing this, unfortunately it seems like they haven't been doing this enough.

well that's just not true. if we have been visiting Canada, New Hampshire, Georgia and attending tournaments what else can we do?

It's simply a case where everyone reads that Va Tech has their whole staff visiting someone. Okay big deal. Who else are they visiting with or are the putting their eggs in one basket?

Ga tech is visiting someone maybe two. laziness as to why not more?

Our staff is an active as anyone right now. Maybe they were not throughout Fall 2016 and early 2017 and that likely had to do with the dynamics of the planned coaching transition

Cuse!

I do hope we go hard after this kid. Mike Hart is a good HS coach and he likedHop and Syracuse. We need to make sure Hart connects with one of our other assistants.

Swider looks like a shooter we could use.

In all fairness, other schools have two more coaches that can be on the road than we do. That changes at the end of next month.

That's cute.

I'll take our final 4 run, a 25-0 start, and weeks as the #1 ranked team in the country since joining the ACC over winning a meaningless tournament.

We have a pedigree. Sure it's been a rough go for the last few years but to say that we haven't been successful is ridiculous. We get kids drafted in the first round. This is what kids like Swider look at.

I think you mean 'have blind faith in the process'. Trust is something that is earned through demonstrated results.

There he is!!! The syracuse negativity spreader. Trust is earned and demonstrated through results you say???? How about the last 40 years??? Or the two final 4s since 2013. Your a joke if that's your stance.

I think you mean 'have blind faith in the process'. Trust is something that is earned through demonstrated results.

Horrible take my man. You've got to be able to see how silly this statement is when you are referencing the second winningest coach in the history of the sport. This place makes my head spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom