Georgia Tech - October 19th - Group Tickets, Tailgate, etc.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech - October 19th - Group Tickets, Tailgate, etc..

Moon...please put me down for 3 and tailgate/parking pass.

May not be able to do all 3 (Maryland, GA Tech, FSU). Depends on money situation as it looks like my pay will get cut by 20% between now and Sept. FSU will be a definite for me. As far as the other two, will depend on $$$. Will definitely know by the Summer, though.

Also, If I/we do attend, can definitely contribute tailgate stuff...shoud have a grill and/or table by then. Can contribute/bring food if needed.

I'm about 1/2 mile down the road from Vinings in Smyrna. Easy highway or back road drive to downtown for work.

I am in Smyrna as well

I used to live over by the Weather Channel at an apartment complex called Stone Ridge at Vinings. Lots of people from NY/NJ/CT/PA in that area.

My visitior info from someone who's been to Atlanta exactly twice:

Don't confuse buckhead with bankhead. You will be entering a different world from which you may not return.

My visitior info from someone who's been to Atlanta exactly twice:

Don't confuse buckhead with bankhead. You will be entereing a different world from which you may not return.
i think bankhead got renamed to veterans memorial hwy (maybe under pressure from the buckhead lobby becuase they were tired of that confusion) awesome.

i think bankhead got renamed to veterans memorial hwy (maybe under pressure from the buckhead lobby becuase they were tired of that confusion) awesome.

I presume you are in charge of making sure Luda is present at the tailgate?

Syracuse Orangemen at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets - 19 October 2013

I'm also involved with the local alumni club and will be organizing some things for them as well. As a result, I will not be able to organize the tailgate. I'm looking for some other locals to take the lead on that. I haven't been to a GA Tech game yet, so I'm not the best person to organize that anyway.
If you live in the Atlanta area and want to lead or assist with the tailgate please let me know.
All information will be updated in this post.

For big road games, oftentimes Syracuse University and/or the local alumni club throws a pretty large tailgate shindig.

So here's my question... Does anyone know if the University is planning something for this game?

I'm guessing that of all the major Southern cities, Atlanta has to have the largest number of alumnus residents and that alone may warrant a University-sponsored tailgate.

I know they did it at USC a couple of years ago and I also attended one at Ann Arbor.

For big road games, oftentimes Syracuse University and/or the local alumni club throws a pretty large tailgate shindig.

So here's my question... Does anyone know if the University is planning something for this game?

I'm guessing that of all the major Southern cities, Atlanta has to have the largest number of alumnus residents and that alone may warrant a University-sponsored tailgate.
Good thinking!
We're trying to see if the University is planning anything.

Hint: I'm on the board of the local alumni club.

If the University is planning an event then the alumni club will likely try to be part of that in some way.

This thread is geared at getting group tickets (which will be cheaper than getting tickets through SU) and seeing if there's interest in tailgating activities. If there's a University organized tailgate then it may make sense to join them. It's still too early to tell.

Will you be joining us?

Put me down for 3. Possible on tailgate depending on the game time.

Would like 2 tickets.
Interested in tailgate.

Joyce and Ray

This thread is geared at getting group tickets (which will be cheaper than getting tickets through SU) and seeing if there's interest in tailgating activities. If there's a University organized tailgate then it may make sense to join them. It's still too early to tell.

Will you be joining us?

100% yes in going to the game.

Not sure how many tickets yet, if only because I'm not certain if this will be my boys first-ever Syracuse game. (they'll be 5 & 7)

First ever post on SyracuseFan and happy to be part of such a distinguished group. Please put me down for six tickets, as we are heading from CA for our 4th annual road trip - following Washington and USC X2. Would hope to join a tailgate, but not sure of our plans on that front yet.

Possible hotel option on Living Social: Artmore Hotel. 32 deals remaining. According to Google Maps it's 2.2 miles/6 minutes away from the stadium. Looks like a nice place too, with a good location in Midtown Atlanta.

EDIT: I didn't buy one, but if one of you does and shares your special link, and then 3 more people buy using that link, first person gets it free. Maybe 4 of you could buy and then split the savings across the whole group? Just a thought...

MT

Put me down for at least 4 tix...maybe more depending on other family members

Also, will be driving to the game so can help supply and tailgating activities
and if you are getting parking passes, I'm in for that too.
Thanks!

Put me down for 4-5 for now. Wating to hear back from some folks. Also do children under 2 need a ticket?

Put me down for 4-5 for now. Wating to hear back from some folks. Also do children under 2 need a ticket?
Look on the GTech Website or call the Box Office for your answer. Let us know what you find out.

Look on the GTech Website or call the Box Office for your answer. Let us know what you find out.

Thanks Moontan for PMing me the answer:

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/tickets/lap-policy.html

Child/Lap Policy (2013 Football)

All children ages 2 & under may attend free of charge.
Complimentary admission is provided in lieu of a paid game ticket, under the condition that the child is a "babe in arms" or is seated in the lap of the ticketed patron. All other patrons require a game ticket for admission.

So that puts me at 4 tickets right now but I think I will get 1 or 2 more. Will let you know ASAP.

I added the info to the top post.

I've been waiting for the football schedule to come out so that me and my buddies can go visit my friend in Buckhead and go to the game. Hoping to have 5 or 6 of us, but need to firm up travel plans.

Thanks Moontan;

Put me in for 3 tickets - not sure about the tailgating as my son and daughter-in-law are tech grads but Su fans too. Wherever they go Mom and I and older brother will follow.

Thanks Moontan;

Put me in for 3 tickets - not sure about the tailgating as my son and daughter-in-law are tech grads but Su fans too. Wherever they go Mom and I and older brother will follow.

We allow mixed tailgating LOL

I'm in for two tickets. Not sure about the tailgate though, but maybe.

I'll definitely need 2 - possibly 4.

Damn I wish GT was in the Atlantic division.

So do us fans. There were rumors floating around for a while after UL was invited that we would take UMDs old spot and UL would go coastal, but I guess nothing came of it. While we've enjoyed a budding rivalry with VT, our games with FSU have been heated in ways that only geography can provide. But, hopefully it happens one day. I think the administration at Tech prefers being matched up with UNC and UVA annually. But who knows, maybe one day.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack. We're looking forward to hosting y'all later this year!

I'm trying to work tix connections through contacts that work at Ga. Tech. Hopefully will be attending the tailgate party and will have probably anywhere from 4-6 people as of now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom