Gerry | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gerry

Not a time or place to debate HC but Gerry has scouted the opposing teams D for close to 400 games - he probably has Bennetts D and Pitinos D etched in his brain - I have zero doubt he would succeed AND win over this town - how many top recruits mentioned him and were sad to disappoint him - that’s on JB not him.

Every coach, at every level, at every pay scale does this for endless hours. That doesn’t guarantee you’ll be good at being the actual HC. It doesn’t even mean you’ll succeed as an assistant.

It’s called getting caught up in the moment in your feelings. No way he should be our HC right now. That would be an epic fail on our AD’s part.
Who should be the HC?

Love Gerry, but chill it was a speech. A good one for sure, but just a speech. Literally says nothing about the intricacies of being a head coach

First, the positive part - I thought McNamara's remarks were very nice.

Second, I swear the first thought that went through my mind was "Holy cow, who's he pandering to?" And then that cold beer line...I couldn't wait to see how the message boards would light up over that. (Not surprised that it's been so well received.)

Not a time or place to debate HC but Gerry has scouted the opposing teams D for close to 400 games - he probably has Bennetts D and Pitinos D etched in his brain - I have zero doubt he would succeed AND win over this town - how many top recruits mentioned him and were sad to disappoint him - that’s on JB not him.

Chip , you good to field this one?

It’s almost like you haven’t been paying attention to the numerous threads on the topic…..
No, I am asking the poster who he wants. I know the names thrown around.

WOW! If fans can’t see why he’s a candidate to be HC and why kids he recruits (win or lose) love him you didn’t see what I just saw.

Dude just bleeds orange and has IT. Always has.
Thats why i said he is the guy.

Third grade UpstateSM re-enacted the Cincinnati buzzer beater every time he was in a gym for months.

GMac is my favorite athlete ever and the reason why I love this as much as I do. Was very hard not to shed a tear tonight.

GMac to Bucknell or Lafayette. He’s a legend in central PA. Let Symir, JG3 and Jon Bol go with him to help him get off to a great start as a HC
Where are you getting this about a Lafayette vacancy. Matt Langel’s right hand man took over as HC in Easton this year. No way he is fired after a single season.

He’s on the staff now. How is recruiting going?
About the way you’d expect it to go when you’re hamstrung by having to try and sell a 16-18 year old recruit on a 78 year old grouchy zone playing coach who won’t tell anyone when he’s retiring…. Nothing like being able to offer up a secure picture for a recruit and his family

Where are you getting this about a Lafayette vacancy. Matt Langel’s right hand man took over as HC in Easton this year. No way he is fired after a single season.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom